• Average

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • Easy

Votes: 17 8.2%

• Total voters

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
Lol. I got more marks in 7, 6 and 5 (separately obviously) than I did in Q4...I dun goof'd. hard.

OldMathsGuy

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I sat down and did the paper and would rate it as a comparatively hard 3U paper. If you view 60% of past papers as standard, with 20% being hard and 20% being easier, then it comfortably fits in the hard category. I think the majority of students would have struggled for time on this paper; throw in exam conditions and I can see why there would be a high number of good students who may have performed under their expectations. I thought the coverage of the syllabus was a little skewed away from what is typically on the 3u exam and this emphasis on alternative content would have thrown quite a few students too although the paper should still be considered "fair".

I imagine the average raw mark will be a little lower than usual while the SD is going to be quite a bit lower than usual as well. I can't see that many students getting a raw score over 75 let alone 80 and that is going to contract and drag the statistics in and down. The thing is, these results will be scaled back to "standard levels" so for those who felt they did poorly or below expectation, don't worry; you should still be happy with your eventual mark.

Best Regards
OldMathsGuy

michaeljennings

HSC
I sat down and did the paper and would rate it as a comparatively hard 3U paper. If you view 60% of past papers as standard, with 20% being hard and 20% being easier, then it comfortably fits in the hard category. I think the majority of students would have struggled for time on this paper; throw in exam conditions and I can see why there would be a high number of good students who may have performed under their expectations. I thought the coverage of the syllabus was a little skewed away from what is typically on the 3u exam and this emphasis on alternative content would have thrown quite a few students too although the paper should still be considered "fair".

I imagine the average raw mark will be a little lower than usual while the SD is going to be quite a bit lower than usual as well. I can't see that many students getting a raw score over 75 let alone 80 and that is going to contract and drag the statistics in and down. The thing is, these results will be scaled back to "standard levels" so for those who felt they did poorly or below expectation, don't worry; you should still be happy with your eventual mark.

Best Regards
OldMathsGuy
=) I feel so much better

personalcompute

HSC
I hated it. Started skipping because I was running out of time and I've never run out of time before. :/
And I got barely any in question 5 and it's usually my best question. And I didn't do much of 7 because I spent time on earlier questions. :/
+1

darkmagesy

HSC
The real enemy to me was time. Time was really keeping me from thinking and keeping my head on straight. I was more worried battling time, than conquering this HSC Paper but at least I feel so much better that it's considered a "hard" test

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
The real enemy to me was time. Time was really keeping me from thinking and keeping my head on straight. I was more worried battling time, than conquering this HSC Paper but at least I feel so much better that it's considered a "hard" test
Yeah, time was hard.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, well, atleast we now get some publicity - I want to be on the SMH for making this poll LOL...

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
2003 had a hard 2U, 2006 had a hard 3U, 2008 had a hard 3U and 2011 had an easy 2U but rock hard dick 3U...

2010 was quite average in my opinion - not hard.
2008 also had a hard 4u

bineal

HSC
whats with all these nerds posting their atar epeens and shit

i thought that shit died

shutupnsmile

Premium Member
HSC
IMO, test was about the same as 2009 however 2011 test had too many 1 marker...such a waste of time. Fuck I hate it when i get below 90 and my dad belts me. I wish i got white parents =/

shutupnsmile

Premium Member
HSC
LOL - I thought 2009 was still abit easier.
Well i think the cut off was 54 and the layout was quite similar , in 2009 Q6 and Q7 were the only hard one. Similarly this year Q5 and Q7 were the only challenging one. I thought it was around the same. Anyways....STOP STALKING MY POSTS!!! :L

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I heard that the E4 cut off was being decided and it would be either 49 or 50 out of 84.

EDIT: TURNS OUT IT WAS A CONSPIRACY

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)