rather unexpected... (1 Viewer)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
http://www.aria.com.au/singles.htm

Guy's single has already shipped 3xplatinum....
in comparision Scott Cain's single shipped 1xplatinum and dissappeared from charts in 2 weeks, lol

I guess austrailan idol was kind of a success.

on a totally unrelated note, delta goodrem's ablum has just sat in number 1 position for 26th week. This makes her the outright no1 for most weeks at number 1. This was previously held by john farnham's "Wispering Jack", at 25 weeks.
Congratulations delta!

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by jm1234567890
http://www.aria.com.au/singles.htm

Guy's single has already shipped 3xplatinum....
in comparision Scott Cain's single sipped 1xplatinum and dissappeared from charts in 2 weeks, lol

I guess austrailan idol was kind of a success.

on a totally unrelated note, delta goodrem's ablum has just sat in number 1 position for 26th week. This makes her the outright no1 for most weeks at number 1. This was previously held by john farnham's "Wispering Jack", at 25 weeks.
Congratulations delta!
yey!!!
go guy!!! go delta!!! they both rock

i was hoping guy would enter at no1

but then i wonder about aussie music taste... black eyed peas (shut up)have entered at no2?? and if guy wasn't there they would be at no1? i swear, aussies like crap songs

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
yay black eyed peas are second with 'shut up'

thats a great song

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
u cant compare guy 2 scott caine, jst look at him, he's annoyin

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Suney_J
u cant compare guy 2 scott caine, jst look at him, he's annoyin
who's annoying?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well, the order of words... hot can you compare guy to scott, look at him he's annoying (i took it as guy was annoying, and i would not have been happy!

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
nah i meant i thought it was obvious that scott was a loser

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
The thing I don't get, personally, is how this is so 'unexpected'. Guy came through on a television program that saw extremely high ratings, is at the centre of a large marketing machine that most people are aware of. The situation itself is basically a publicity dream, which is seen by even Citizen Cain himself going platinum. Therefore, these sales are only to be expected.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
yay black eyed peas are second with 'shut up'

thats a great song
yeah it's a piece of lyrical fucking genius!

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
yeah it's a piece of lyrical fucking genius!
Yeah.. The reiteration of the short, colloquial phrase 'shut up' allows it a polyphony of potential meanings. The responder is forced to confront the issue of who or what the 'Shut Up' is directed to, and in doing so, forced to confront themselves and the worldview of their contemporary millieu. Indeed, to decipher the text's incredibly obtuse meaning is to achieve interpretative transcendence. The universal bent of the lyrics are only heightened by their being repeated 178 982 times throughout the course. As such, 'Shut up' itself is rather subtle, and the meaning will assumedly be learnt only be a determined few. A new Finnegan's Wake, bar the 'talent' aspect.

Last edited:

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC

HAH! :D

Well, I watched Aussie Idol religiously...and I was going for Guy...
But nonetheless-I don't see why anyone would actually purchase that shit. He won like 2 weeks ago and his album is being released what, next week?! If that doesn't say "throaway pop songs with no point or meaning released quickly to make an easy buck for a bunch of rich fat cats"-nothing does.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
It would be funny if he failed to pop delta from top spot. He would be the nth person that fell victim to delta success.
Albums such as meteora were definately no1 quality but held at number 2. Thus, they couldn't advertise on tv that they had a "no1" album.

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
It would be funny if he failed to pop delta from top spot. He would be the nth person that fell victim to delta success.
Albums such as meteora were definately no1 quality but held at number 2. Thus, they couldn't advertise on tv that they had a "no1" album.
i really dont think people should care about the 'no1' , the '2platnium' or the '3 aria winning' sticker but in the world we live in, it would prolly help sales. it really shouldnt make a difference, you like the music, you buy the music, who cares what others think.

crazyhobo

It always cracks me up when people think of Linkin Park as musicians. You really need two songs for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)