rather unexpected... (1 Viewer)

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by Macccca
i really dont think people should care about the 'no1' , the '2platnium' or the '3 aria winning' sticker but in the world we live in, it would prolly help sales. it really shouldnt make a difference, you like the music, you buy the music, who cares what others think.
So true.

Epiphany

spunkrat
HSC
I'm waiting for a Delta song I don't like but it's just not happening! Guy has alot more talent than any of those popstars.. how scott cain won that thing is a mystery to me

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Yeah.. The reiteration of the short, colloquial phrase 'shut up' allows it a polyphony of potential meanings. The responder is forced to confront the issue of who or what the 'Shut Up' is directed to, and in doing so, forced to confront themselves and the worldview of their contemporary millieu. Indeed, to decipher the text's incredibly obtuse meaning is to achieve interpretative transcendence. The universal bent of the lyrics are only heightened by their being repeated 178 982 times throughout the course. As such, 'Shut up' itself is rather subtle, and the meaning will assumedly be learnt only be a determined few. A new Finnegan's Wake, bar the 'talent' aspect.

come again?

Brad

Its a catch 22 ay? People buy CD's because they've sold well, but if people didn't buy CD's that DIDN'T sell well, we would all be listening to chopin still (no offence intended)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)