Raw for band 6 (1 Viewer)

tabasomarya

HSC
how does the raw mark work?
so you don't have to get 90-100 to get a band 6?

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
I saw Deswa's question as well, he indeed wrote an essay on the result, though I have no idea how a marker gave him 0/3 simply cos he put so much writing on the page.
Yeah, it resembled my Belonging essay

hayabusaboston

HSC
how does the raw mark work?
so you don't have to get 90-100 to get a band 6?
I was about to say "Which planet are you living on?' lol then I realised u are in yr 11 so have a right to not know how it works. For a particular subject, the performance of every candidate in the state is taken into account when assessing how much people's marks should go up or down, to compensate for the level of difficulty of the exam. Eg in extension 2 maths, the average mark for people in the state is like less than 50% or something, so they take this into account and give you higher exam marks to compensate. Eg 67/100 raw in extension 2 last year was pulled up to a band 6, 90/100, as the exam mark. The amount of "pulling up" varies significantly with each subject, and quite a bit in each subject itself each year.

tabasomarya

HSC
bez if people are saying the raw mark for a band 6 is in the 70s then i have a chance of getting a good mark.

Makematics

HSC
I saw Deswa's question as well, he indeed wrote an essay on the result, though I have no idea how a marker gave him 0/3 simply cos he put so much writing on the page.
is it on this site or something? id like to see it.
that would be so fucked up, he missed out on a state rank just because of that :(

martin96

HSC
after looking at the answers for multiple choice, i lost 5 marks ... silly mistakes. did you get the specific heat capacity of oil? i got 2.13

KoshX87

HSC
Btw for specific heat capacity, did you guys change it to Jkg-1K-1

I got something like 2.something x 10^3 Jkg-1K-1. I don't the changing is that important. I think what IS important is the sig figs. My friend said 2, i might've done 3, dayyum

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
You always get lower than what you think. Welcome to Chem marking.

Yeah, hear about the raw mark for band 6? it's more than 80% ==
btw i got 93 exam mark. so yeah go figure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)