Raw mark for band 6? (1 Viewer)

cssftw

HSC
90/100 --> ancient doesnt scale because its easy

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
probably about 82? Ive no idea, never did ancient. but i guess thats where it lies around.. unless someone who has info can correct me

MitJab

Premium Member
HSC
i tihnk last year 88/100 was a 95
so maybe around 80?

hallofdoors

HSC
It's generally 83-86/100 so I'd assume this year would be something around that mark as well

jimmy93

HSC
last year was 83/100 and the paper was of the same difficulty as this years (which wasn't too bad actually) so it will probably lie around the same mark. And for those math and science people who always whine about how ancient is so easy and blah blah blah it doesn't scale well, I'd love to see you do the subject and get 100. You trying to remember the same amount of content that we just went through.

Implying

HSC
last year was 83/100 and the paper was of the same difficulty as this years (which wasn't too bad actually) so it will probably lie around the same mark. And for those math and science people who always whine about how ancient is so easy and blah blah blah it doesn't scale well, I'd love to see you do the subject and get 100. You trying to remember the same amount of content that we just went through.
i'll be getting 98+ for both maths extension 1 and 2 and i admit, ancient is difficult just because there's so much content
still topped it though :D

Last edited:

SpreadTheWord

HSC
90/100 --> ancient doesnt scale because its easy
Yeah mate, it's blatently easy. Try learning 25000 bloody words aha. It's by far the hardest subject, because of its content. It's wrong how they expect you to learn so much, and then only test on a minute amount, and saying that Pompeii/Herculanum's big question (6 marker) was not on one specific dot point.

Mjontrix

Premium Member
HSC
Ancient history isn't easy man. It's even harder when you don't enjoy the topic you're studying. Such a pain trying to remember dates, events, sources and quotes....

Sammy2011

HSC
Yeah, my interest has always been evenly split between Sciences and Humanities (even though my university choices have been leaning heavily towards science), and I have always considered Ancient History the most difficult subject.

Difficulty is subjective, but there is no denying the vast amount of pure content work in Ancient.

JustJackie

HSC
Uni Grad
Assuming you're right, I would have to say that you'd need 85-86/100 because, at least imo, it was just a bit easier than past years. Although a lot of people could think differently, and if that is so then I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

twoey

HSC
I think Modern History has more content, more issues and is just plain harder (I do both). Look at the syllabuses for each topic: Modern syllabuses have key features and issues as well as a list of dot points. Ancient just has dot points.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah mate, it's blatently easy. Try learning 25000 bloody words aha. It's by far the hardest subject, because of its content. It's wrong how they expect you to learn so much, and then only test on a minute amount, and saying that Pompeii/Herculanum's big question (6 marker) was not on one specific dot point.
lol it may not be "easy" but please dont exaggerate until you've done subjects like mx2

HSC
Uni Grad
lol it may not be "easy" but please dont exaggerate until you've done subjects like mx2
but for them it could be harder than MX2, since each and every person has different strengths and abilities.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
but for them it could be harder than MX2, since each and every person has different strengths and abilities.
yes that is true, but when someone says "It's by far the hardest subject" it cannot be taken as seriously if the figures don't agree and they don't do the highest scaling subjects. Ancient scales quite average meaning the whole cohort does not find it extremely difficult

I personally think i would've done quite well in history subjects because i have a very good memory

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
It depends completely on the options you do. I would say if you did harder options then a Raw of 84 should get you a band 6. However, as a TWM you'd need at least 87, imo.

twoey

HSC
I personally think i would've done quite well in history subjects because i have a very good memory
That's like saying if you can remember all the formulas in MX2 you'll do well.

SpreadTheWord

HSC

Ok...it's a 'hard subject'. Although, i have never done MX2 - it would have to be the toughest subject. Ancient is an easy subject in regards to writing; but its just the extreme amount of content, in which makes it so difficult. For example, for the personality study and Historical period, you would had to learn upto 500+ words for each bullet point, and then input these into an essay during an exam. (14 bullet points for the Historical period, and about 15-20 for
the Personality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)