Raw mark for... (1 Viewer)

QZP

HSC
Anyone know what would generally be the raw mark required for 99 exam mark in PHYS and CHEM?

QZP

HSC
Another question, why do people say HSC marking is extremely harsh? What is it exactly that makes it harsh? I'm looking at getting a raw mark in the 90's and any help regarding insight into marking is appreciated

HSC
Another question, why do people say HSC marking is extremely harsh? What is it exactly that makes it harsh? I'm looking at getting a raw mark in the 90's and any help regarding insight into marking is appreciated
What's your school rank?

HSC marking for the sciences are harsh and cruel. The marking guidelines require you to include certain points. The exclusion of one dot point in your answer can remove you from the top range marks for that question. It's harsh because a raw mark of 72-76 in chemistry equates to 90 HSC mark (generally)

nicholas210

HSC
What's your school rank?

HSC marking for the sciences are harsh and cruel. The marking guidelines require you to include certain points. The exclusion of one dot point in your answer can remove you from the top range marks for that question. It's harsh because a raw mark of 72-76 in chemistry equates to 90 HSC mark (generally)
Is it actually 72-76?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Last year the HSC Chemistry B6 cut-off was ~76 and for Physics B6 cut-off was a bit higher than usual at ~83 lol.

For 99, for Physics you needed about ~97, for Chemistry about ~95.

To get something like 99 you need 95+. If you got into the low 90's, then you can get something around 95-98.

Marking is considered harsh because if you accidentally slip up and forget to say one word, then you could lose a mark.

Also, if you write a few words that contradict the rest of your answer, then you could possibly get an instant zero for the question.

Its actually technically not harsh, but rather they have strict guidlines which have to be followed, and they are followed word by word. Hence, the key to increasing your potential to do better is to read through the marking guidelines for various questions and to read through the notes from the marking centre for each question too and stuff like that.

So like do your past papers, but also make sure that you read up on that question through the marking centre notes and marking guidelines so that you know what you are doing wrong and what you need to improve on.

All the best :)

hayabusaboston

HSC
In my experience, if you think you're right, you're probably wrong.

Jks

I should rephrase, if you think you've got all the marks in phys and/or chem, you probably got only half of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)