Raw Marks 2023 HSC Exams (1 Viewer)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
idk I know my ~82 went to 87, b6 cutoff might have been a particular mark not linear with other alignment
if 82 went to 87, then band 6 cuttoff would be around 86

Ritikthegoat

HSC
Umm idk if this belongs in this thread,but I went from having a internal assessment mark of 89 for english standard to 77 on my hsc , and I'm not bad at english for the trials I got 89%, im not sure if its a nesa error or jus that english standard is shit

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Umm idk if this belongs in this thread,but I went from having a internal assessment mark of 89 for english standard to 77, and I'm not bad at english for the trials I got 89%, im not sure if its a nesa error or jus that english standard is shit
The Assessment Mark that you received indicates that your performance and/or that of your cohort in the English Standard HSC exam was of a lower standard (recall the moderation process), hence the mark. This can also mean that the trial exam you sat was less challenging than the HSC exam.

liamkk112

HSC
Umm idk if this belongs in this thread,but I went from having a internal assessment mark of 89 for english standard to 77 on my hsc , and I'm not bad at english for the trials I got 89%, im not sure if its a nesa error or jus that english standard is shit
lol same for me except 88 in trials, my exam mark was 77

idrc bc i got a good atar regardless but i think the way some schools mark english is different to the way nesa marks it, hence difference in results

that being said i couldve just screwed up the english exam which is highly possible lol

shoutout to whoever in my grade got 95 thank u fr (rank 1 came in clutch)

WeiWeiMan

HSC
scaling or aligning
the preliminary scaling 2023 report is out u can check there
@carrotsss will probably be able to interpret the numbers well
its weird i looked at it and scaling looks pretty good similar to 2022 idk like close
isn't scaling almost the same every year for HSC -> Scaled

ariandjabari

HSC
Luckily my EAL/D assessment marks went from a raw 86 to an 89. But for a high scaling subject like Economics, my raw 87 went to 84 so I guess my cohort underperfomed? I know we had at least two 89s and one 87 exam mark and I was rank 3 in my cohort. So idk how I got 84 for assessment marks considering NESA uses ranks (and gaps) to allocate marks. I know the highest assessment mark was 89 but 84 for rank 3 seems a bit too low.

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Luckily my EAL/D assessment marks went from a raw 86 to an 89. But for a high scaling subject like Economics, my raw 87 went to 84 so I guess my cohort underperfomed? I know we had at least two 89s and one 87 exam mark and I was rank 3 in my cohort. So idk how I got 84 for assessment marks considering NESA uses ranks (and gaps) to allocate marks. I know the highest assessment mark was 89 but 84 for rank 3 seems a bit too low.
84 does seem a bit low, however if the gap was 5%+, then it makes sense

ariandjabari

HSC
84 does seem a bit low, however if the gap was 5%+, then it makes sense
Well rank 1 was around 95 raw assessment and got an 89 so I guess our top people underperformed and brought us down despite at least three people getting 87+ in exam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)