• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

raw marks for 4u (1 Viewer)

CrashOveride

HSC
u dont need great marks in year 11. all u need to do is put in the work, thats the major prerequisite of 4u

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I agree. You will know within yourself if you can do 4u, and if you put the work in you shall reap the benefits.

Last edited:

za

HSC
are u guys aiming for similar marks (ie >95) in ur other subjects or is 4u ur pet subject

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Ummm, not really. I'm wanting high band E4 in 3u, mid E4 in 4u, and low band 6's for Bio and Chem, as well as a mid band 5 in English.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
maths is my worst subject and has been since yr 9 or 10 if i remeber correctly, im much better at english,religion, history and french, and im aiming for band 6 in all them (mayb high band 5 in french) im praying for 85+ in 4u and the teacher sed that evry1 in our class will get 90+ in 3u...i assume evry1 else here wud b goin for 95+ in 4u tho

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Supra said:
maths is my worst subject and has been since yr 9 or 10 if i remeber correctly, im much better at english,religion, history and french, and im aiming for band 6 in all them (mayb high band 5 in french) im praying for 85+ in 4u and the teacher sed that evry1 in our class will get 90+ in 3u...i assume evry1 else here wud b goin for 95+ in 4u tho
Well I don't think that everyone will get 95+ in 4u since only ~120 people get it :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Ummm, not really. I'm wanting high band E4 in 3u, mid E4 in 4u, and low band 6's for Bio and Chem, as well as a mid band 5 in English.
What about physics?

And are you going for a band 1 in SOR?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Physics, maybe band 5, we'll see. I think I only need a pass to get into engineering. At least I hope thats the case:p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I don't think you need anything. Its just assumed knowledge as far as I know.

za

HSC
im hoping for a mid-low band 6 in phys and chem. did bio last year (got mid 90's),
90's in 3u and high 80's maybe 90 in 4u. engish i wouldnt hav a clue, maybe high 80's.

aud

HSC
za said:
are u guys aiming for similar marks (ie >95) in ur other subjects or is 4u ur pet subject
3U is my pet subject :D
Um... I want band 6s/E4s in everything (well, dare to dream), but a reasonable Eng/EE1/Legal marks, and a gropable mark for ME1/ME2/Textiles :p

grimreaper

HSC
Well I'm goin for high band e4 for 3u, low-mid band e4 for 4u, and somewhere around 90 in phys\chem. As for english... well lets just say I'd be extremely happy if I managed to scrape into a band 5 hahaha.

S

Shuter

I'm going for whatever I can get in 4Unit. I didn't bother learning much of the course, or turning up too much. I'll try to pick up some easier marks in things like the curve sketching and complex numbers and integration.

I have 12 units so it doesn't really matter.

English I'm aiming for whatever I can get (it's such a subjective subject but I'd hope aligned mark of about 85).

Eco's I want to get 93 or more, I should gun it.

Bio I aim to be in top 100 of state, teacher said I can do it, and with a decent effort, top 10 of state (I'm top assessment rank).

Physics, I'll take whatever I can get, it's my last exam and my dad's a physics teacher so I'll see what I can do. I had a shit teacher all year but should be able to get 85+.

3U maths, my poor assessment rank will hurt me but I still aim to get around 80 aligned.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
wrx said:
just wondering since ur an old boy, and got a nice uai. Im not sure whether to pick 4u or do 3u. My maths marks haven't been great but i haven't put in the work this yr:(
dont worry, as long as you put in some work, you can pull your maths ranks quite a bit in yr12, afterall that is the only year that counts... aim for rank of 30 or so to be assured of a band 6 in ext 2 ... who's your teacher?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
4U is my pet subject. No surprise since I want to be a pure mathematician.

I aim for low band 6 in Chemistry, mid band 6 in SDD, mid band E4 in 3U Maths, low band E4 in 4U maths, low band 5 in English.

So...
Chem: 90
SDD: 95
3u: 95
4U: 90 (95+ would be sweet!)
Eng: 85

Sounds good for now. Should get me the 98.50 I need.

Am aiming for band 2 to 4 in SOR1. Though I wouldn't mind bands 1, 5 or 6, either.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Constip8edSkunk said:
dont worry, as long as you put in some work, you can pull your maths ranks quite a bit in yr12, afterall that is the only year that counts... aim for rank of 30 or so to be assured of a band 6 in ext 2 ... who's your teacher?
yeah true. Our end of term assesments for 3/2u will determine which 4u class we will go into. I had Hespe before, but got dropped, and now i have Boros. The teachers are pretty good, but i just need to work more consistently. I counted on the band 6 list thingy about 70 band 6 for ext2? Rank 30 will be like mid band 6? Im aiming for rank 45ish for these assesments hopefully...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)