raw marks for band 6? (1 Viewer)

youngminii

Banned
HSC
First, shrink paper 1 (45) into 40. Paper 1 is worth 40% and paper 2 is worth 60%.
Since this year was probably pretty easy, expect mid 80s. 85~/100.
Disclaimer: Nothing I say is official and you cannot hold anything against me.

TechnIx

HSC
N/A
Impossible to tell because the scaling is different every year. I've got no idea but if I was to hazard an uneducated guess, I'd estimate 80+? I'm aiming for a band 4 or 5 (thats really good for me). I think I'll get around 65-70 Anyone know how that will fare in relation to others? :p

boganxcore

HSC
yeah i've heard that the low band 6s begin around 80/105 - not sure how true that is though!

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
I'd say about 88/105 would grab a 90.

EvoRevolution

HSC
lol tech we nearly do the same sub, cept i droopped to catholic studies laste week of school.

HSC
oh cool i think i got 84 in the trial and the HSC was betteri came first in advanced english so with the assessment mark do i get the highest mark? and the if that's like 92 and i get say 88? do thye average it to 90 or what?

bmn

HSC
oh cool i think i got 84 in the trial and the HSC was betteri came first in advanced english so with the assessment mark do i get the highest mark? and the if that's like 92 and i get say 88? do thye average it to 90 or what?
Yep thats right. But you should note your 84 may of been marked easy compared to other schools, so who knows how well you actually went in the HSC.

freaky.styly

HSC
From what I've seen, from people who've appealed for raw marks and that whole Ombudsmen inquiry into disclosure of raw/scaled marks - approx 85% - therefore approx 89~90 out of 105. when i discovered this, i was overjoyed, suddenly a good band 6 looks a lot more achievable

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Hmmm, someone who did the HSC in 2005 and got 78/105 for Advanced English, got an 89 external. Hence 80/105 would be about right. :) Of course, it varies from year to year.

HSC
Yep thats right. But you should note your 84 may of been marked easy compared to other schools, so who knows how well you actually went in the HSC.
that is possible but the teachers gave no 20s and are hsc markers so i think it is at least pretty close to hsc marking standards...i like to hope i went pretty well in the actual hsc...i'll just ahve to wait and see

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
Yeah i spose aerath could be right. First year of new AOS + texts in modules, could mean the avg score is lower and hence a lower score could achieve higher scaled mark. Heres to hoping?

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
Although we must keep in mind that English is notorious for getting far less band 6's than any other subject (around 6-7% of candidates for advanced, 0.02% for standard), who knows if this is the case with the new syllabus... I really want to get the first band 6 for English our school has gotten in 5 years... my assessment mark is 90 (1st), and i think i did ok in the exam... do I kiss it goodbye just yet?

HSC
^ no you don't..anything is possiblei'm at the same rank and mark as you and my school gets 2-3 band 6's a year...so here's to hoping i did enough in the actual exam to get one of them

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Although we must keep in mind that English is notorious for getting far less band 6's than any other subject (around 6-7% of candidates for advanced, 0.02% for standard), who knows if this is the case with the new syllabus... I really want to get the first band 6 for English our school has gotten in 5 years... my assessment mark is 90 (1st), and i think i did ok in the exam... do I kiss it goodbye just yet?
It's actually impossible to know what your assessment (internal) mark is at the moment.

TechnIx

HSC
N/A
lol tech we nearly do the same sub, cept i droopped to catholic studies laste week of school.
Lol awesome. I'd drop it too, but it's compulsory for my school. If I could drop it, I would have in year 11 and taken up MX2 because I'd have more time lol.

HadiaWantIt

HSC
Also, I believe the mark is then moderated in regulation with the states performance and your schools performance in the external.

Back on topic.

Hopefully I did enough to get a band 4, My internal was horrible. 54% and 64/93 -.- I wish I cared as much as I do from the start.

But anyways, good luck to everyone, we'll never know till the 17th of december. Hope everyones happy and gets where they want in life. (L)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)