Raw Marks for Band 6? (1 Viewer)

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
Considering that the average for the MC and short answers will be significantly lower than last year (I imagine the multiple choice average will be at least 3 marks lower than last year, while the short answers will probably be 3-5 marks lower), does that mean the Raw Mark cut off for band 6 will around 77-79/100 for SOR II?
yeah most likely 77 - 81

zakanderson

HSC
not really. i thought the essay's were easier than last year especially peace. (not saying i did any good in it though)
i think.
The peace was definitely easier then last year, I agree. some of section 3 were a lot harder than others but because of this same quote crap

tarek435

HSC
I think it was a bit more ambiguous, but I wouldn't say harder. A couple of MC were questionable, the short answer in S1 didn't have a quote, or something to reference, so it had to be spot on, S2 was based only on the individual/group, so it felt as if you were repeating yourself in 2 of the 3 parts, the extended had fairly reasonable quotes, but the question associated with it seemed to go off on a tangent.
well said... S.O.R band 6 is a bit of a joke though... a 45/50 (that's a band 6 i'm assuming?) only gets you an atar equiv. of 92.7...

i thought section II was a bit ridiculous... pretty much just re-worded part b for c, and just kept rambling on and making kinda crazy connections lols

jamesfirst

HSC
The peace was definitely easier then last year, I agree. some of section 3 were a lot harder than others but because of this same quote crap
I think section 2 was difficult

Because it was only on 1 area... It as if I was writing another extended response on marriage for judaism.......... I tried not to be repetitive but ended up repeating some sections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)