Raw marks required for Bands (1 Viewer)

kdizzler

HSC
Wow really?? I got 95% in the trial, what would that go to?
Like the average of 57% and I topped by 7% so its not like my school marks easy

nucgaek

HSC
Our school marked our trials very harshly like the hsc and i got 75%
There's no definite way of telling how harshly your school marks, best method would be compare your rank with the number of band 5/6 in your school last year but that still varies with cohort.

Rawf

HSC
There's no definite way of telling how harshly your school marks, best method would be compare your rank with the number of band 5/6 in your school last year but that still varies with cohort.
I'm rank 5th in my school and my school on average gets from 13-20ish band 6's in chem on average per year. I'm pretty sure i can score a band 6, but i'm not sure if I can achieve an HSC mark of 95. I think my school marks a bit harsh (we lose marks if we don't label like.. err the connecting wire on a galvanic cell). Trial average was 63% and I got 90%

nucgaek

HSC
I'm rank 5th in my school and my school on average gets from 13-20ish band 6's in chem on average per year. I'm pretty sure i can score a band 6, but i'm not sure if I can achieve an HSC mark of 95. I think my school marks a bit harsh (we lose marks if we don't label like.. err the connecting wire on a galvanic cell). Trial average was 63% and I got 90%
You'll probably do well, if you get a good external you should definitely be able to hit 95 then.

And for the stuff like labelling wires on the galvanic cell... pretty sure stuff like that the HSC and even my school takes marks off

Rawf

HSC
You'll probably do well, if you get a good external you should definitely be able to hit 95 then.

And for the stuff like labelling wires on the galvanic cell... pretty sure stuff like that the HSC and even my school takes marks off
I thought it was pretty BS though because the question said "draw a galvanic cell and label the anode, cathode and electrolyte" - 2 marker

crazy_paki123

HSC
lol in my trial i got 69%. My skool marks ridiculosly hard... one of the questions in our trial was exact copy of past HSC paper, and i remembered the answer somewhat. I checked as soon as i got hom, and it was word for word with the BOS answer, but when i got my trial back it said not enough detail and only got 3/5

ellie95

HSC
N/A
lol in my trial i got 69%. My skool marks ridiculosly hard... one of the questions in our trial was exact copy of past HSC paper, and i remembered the answer somewhat. I checked as soon as i got hom, and it was word for word with the BOS answer, but when i got my trial back it said not enough detail and only got 3/5
+1

v1

HSC
BOS answers aren't guaranteed full marks, they are not exemplar just sample.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I got 63% in my chemistry trial and this was scaled to a mark of 82!

7eleven

HSC
N/A
Imo sample answers r usually shyt

Amogh

HSC
N/A
From past experience, although it seems though you only need a low raw mark to do well, you'll realise that HSC marking is a LOT different to what you've experienced so far.

They're very pedantic and particularly want answers focused around the key verbs.

oh well

Banned
HSC
N/A
But keep in mind that it is not very 'easy' to get those raw marks lol

HERTSAGIG

HSC
Hey just on the note of tough marking, does anyone know how they mark for 'states'?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)