raw marks to top the state (1 Viewer)

stereoheart

HSC
raw marks as in the external hsc exam??

What If you have a crappy rank at your school say 12/30 but then you get a 98 in 3 u maths....does that mean you state rank?
considering your school is ranked 80-100.

Someone please explain

hayabusaboston

HSC
raw marks as in the external hsc exam??

What If you have a crappy rank at your school say 12/30 but then you get a 98 in 3 u maths....does that mean you state rank?
considering your school is ranked 80-100.

Someone please explain
Raw marks as in the end of year external HSC exam yes.If you have a crappy rank at your school then at the final exam come 1st, ur mark will be given to the person who was ranked 1st overall leading up to finals HSC exams, and you'll get an appropriate mark based on your rank up to the HSC exam. Basically u lose that 98 to 1st ranked guy. BUT YOU STILL KEEP 98 AS YOUR EXAM MARK, just your assessment mark is moderated. Then your final HSC mark for the subject is the average of the EXAM MARK, which in this case is 98, and the ASSESSMENT MARK, which would be moderated according to your rank

In summary, your HSC exam comprises 2 types of marks

ASSESSMENT MARK: Which is a mark that comes from integrating your rank into your HSC exam result

EXAM MARK: Which is just the HSC exam mark itself

Your final mark for the subject is the average of the two.

I would GUESS that 12/30 would probably get you 87/100. So if you score 98/100 in final exam, your final mark= (98+87)/2=92.5=93 (marks are rounded off)

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
You need 115/120 to top the state. I don't think that 110 would be enough.
All this discussion about raw marks required in 4u maths is hilarious. It solely depends on the difficulty of the paper! It's somewhat valid to estimate it for chem, phys and 3u though, since they're a lot more similar year to year.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
All this discussion about raw marks required in 4u maths is hilarious. It solely depends on the difficulty of the paper! It's somewhat valid to estimate it for chem, phys and 3u though, since they're a lot more similar year to year.
ahh pardon me, i don't have any experience with 4u or any knowledge of its candidature, so i can't really say. i was just guesstimating.

HSC
2U 120...there are ppl who get this. But top 20...119 max...
3u bout the same, 1 mark max. Don't know with the new format tho - maybe full??

enoilgam

HSC
This is important to remember, aligning standards can vary significantly from year to year.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I can assure you people in business studies and economics who top the state get full marks, out of 16,000 people there are likely to be 5-10 who fluke the hard mc's and get full marks in the rest. And for maths obviously in 2unit and 3unit alot of people get full marks. The past hsc papers are hard - but there are definitely 5+ who could get full marks.
Wrong. Neither Business Studies nor Economics have full marks.

AFAIK, the only subjects that have people with full marks are:
- Ancient History
- CAFS
- Dance
- English Extension 1
- English Extension 2
- Industrial Technology
- Mathematics
- Mathematics Extension 1
- History Extension
- Music 1
- Music Extension
- Studies of Religion I
- Some languages

dulip

HSC
IMO our trials and tests are harder than JR for chem
I've been through their marking guidelines and questions and most of them are pretty easy, I hardly use them for prep anymore
I think it's just this year we haven't had a really hard test. Our average is always around 75% but top is 95+
we usually have a few 97s but only 60 or so band 6s

legallaura

HSC
hey can someone tell me what raw marks i should be getting to get a state rank in the following subjects?

standard english
legal studies
general maths
senior science

thanks!

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
IMO our trials and tests are harder than JR for chem
I've been through their marking guidelines and questions and most of them are pretty easy, I hardly use them for prep anymore

I think it's just this year we haven't had a really hard test. Our average is always around 75% but top is 95+
we usually have a few 97s but only 60 or so band 6s
+1. JR marking criteria are ridiculously easy, don't use them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)