Raw Notes & Suggestions for Related Texts (2 Viewers)

k.middlebrook

HSC
Re: related texts for RAW

Prison of Society
Gattacha

Are some really good ones

traptj

HSC

yeh im doin shawshank and the club... im usin the club for my dialogue thing so its gonna be easier to remeber quotes

pyrosis

HSC
stuff on raw- could be useful...

The novel RAW, by Scott Monk, intended for young adults, clearly informs the responder of the effects institutionalisation has on an individual. The text reveals the impacts it encompasses on the behaviours of those who are placed in institutions. A definition of an institution could be “an organisational pattern of group behaviour established, and usually accepted as a fundamental part of a culture”, therefore; the institutions refer to a psychological condition which has been brought about due to a depersonalised environment. Automatic behaviours often occur as a result of institutionalization, such as, expressionless faces, along with a general apathy. Their personal appearances, as well as personal morals become less important. Institutionalisation is likely to surface, if the residence in which their identities, interests and strengths are not respected. There are several types of institutions such as, Education systems, Legal systems, Economic systems, along with Health and Social Culture systems, to name a few.

When Brett first enters the farm, his previous experiences and non-conforming behaviour results in him stealing from an inmate. In one instance, the character of Josh demonstrates to the responder that institutionalisation can indeed be a positive experience. Josh’s positive compliance has allowed him to develop such skills, thus causing him to stay on the Farm, to learn more from Sam. The reason for this is to give superfluous insight at what the institution is really like. From this it has been made clear that Brett must face the consequences that his actions have brought about. On the other hand, Brett’s relationship with Sam grows, leading him realise “the old bloke was alright”. For Brett on the other hand, his time at the Farm has been negative, having no effect on his behaviour. More so, the manifested pressure caused while on is institutionalised. All these mentions texts can be segmented into Compliance, Protest, and enforcement. For some, the experiences faced while in an institution can be positive, while others, negative. This movie also depicts the behaviours which institutionalisation brings. Co-incidentally, this occurs just as Brett has decided to “start again” as an alternative of ending up in another detention facility, which the farm represents. Towards the end of the text, Brett Dalton’s experiences have again proved to be useless in regards to his behaviours, as he again steals.

this s useful... and good luck 2 all! :)

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC

are you allowed to use one of your prescribed texts??

jovelar

HSC
RAW Related Stuff

all the raw things up are all from last year so basically the people who were posting on it are no longer posting due to, they have finished the HSC and no longger need this site. i thought if u wanted help with it everyone for HSC 2008 should post in here. so use this if u need to, ask questions and people will get back to you as soon as possible.

MY ORTs for the RAW essay are:
-Welcome Home (santarium) by METALLICA - Lyrics
-Shawshank Redemption - Film

just post a lot fo others, and some of your draft essays if u wish, so we can all get ideas and it will help everyone with the RAW essay.. Thank you all

jovelar

HSC
Re: RAW Related Stuff

Here are those things i said ill upload. I will look through the other threads to find more for you all, so yeah just keep an eye out in this thread...but do not plagiarise cause teachers only need to google search any bit of the part u plagiarise and they can see if you did do some plagiarism

View attachment 16188

View attachment 16189

View attachment 16190

View attachment 16191

View attachment 16192

View attachment 16193

View attachment 16194

View attachment 16195

2Extra Things added

View attachment 16230

View attachment 16231

More added down below

Last edited:

jovelar

HSC

here is a list of related texts. as you should see its not complete. i will finish later at home (at school):

Movies:
Shawshank Redemption
Sleepers
Holes
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Rabbit proof fence
Green mile
Gridion Gang
scales of justice

Novels:
Sleepers
Concrete box short story by Hyllus Maris
To kill a mocking bird

Poems:
The hospital by grath wehrfritz

Articles:
Schapelle Corby news articles

Lyrics:
welcome home - metallica

If you want a Download version, here it is for you:

View attachment 16235

As i write up more related material, i will edit the Download version and Upload a new one. As Easy as a couple of minutes of my time.

Last edited:

jovelar

HSC
Last edited:

Cindy07

HSC
Essay on Raw

Heys everyone..here's an essay on Raw and my TOYOC's, this is just a draft..there is no conlcusion..but im sure you'z can work on that...lol

Anways hope its useful for all "2008 HSC..pplz.."..

Cindy07

HSC
Essay2 on RAW

Here is another essay..hope its useful...

Good Luck "HSC 2008"!!

Cindy.R

jovelar

HSC

ive uploaded a few more things, now i just need people to send me a bunch of essays by Pm if you can or to my email for me to upload. ty

Last edited:

miiz1toFKNb

HSC

hay guys !
im using a documentry called "the homies", 4 corners ! & Brewbaker, movie .

The problem with using shawshank is that sooo many of you guys are doing it and the markers will be reading one after the other .. & it will become repetive!
my advice .. try do an additional source that isnt too common!
using shawshank your going to have to justify ur answers really really well !

Goodluck =)

jovelar

HSC

This Afternoon I Will Put More Up As I Have Some Free Time To Do So.. TY

reggie777

HSC
I am really bad at english!! can someone please help me!!

heres the question:

"Often what an institution perceives as ‘beneficial’, the individual may have an alternate or even opposite point of view. Write an essay exploring this idea by referring to your prescribed text and two related texts of your choosing.

Your prescribed text is Raw by Scott Monk
Please note: Other texts of your own choosing must be related texts you have not studied in class. Length (1500 words - 2000 words)"

Thanks!!

joshua.green

HSC

allanataylor said:
hey im using the green mile and a poem, the hospital by grath wehrfritz hope that helps
cheers that poem was really helpful.
Cheers

sasa-o8

HSC
Thank you guys soooo much for all the suggestions! I'm currently pulling my hair out due to stress cos I need to find some related texts but you guys have aided so much! My remaining hair says thankyou too!

mezaheff

HSC

hay i just noticed your list of sup texts and was just woundering if any of them have positive affects on the people institutionalised? i am trying to get a negative ( one who flew over the cookoo's nest or schappelle corby) both (raw) and a positive one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)