Raw Notes & Suggestions for Related Texts (1 Viewer)

ashalea08

HSC
hey,

"shawshank redeption" is a great related text, as is "green mile."
if u dont want to annalys an entire movie just about everyday you can find related material in relation to Raw in the daily telegraph.

Breezy4

HSC
Hey in reply:

did u find shawshank redemption an easy related material to do?????

have u got notes on it or not?

i'm thinking of doing it for my module c!!!

ta

breezy

xox:)

jovelar

HSC
shawshank redemption is a great related material to use. i was going to use it but i couldnt find time to watch such a long movie LOL... but yeah if you like to watch long movies watch it. i have been meaning to watch it anyway so i might soon, like maybe after the trials or something. meh ^_^.

pinkcupcake24

HSC
N/A
Re: related texts for RAW

was wondering...if 4 institution and personal experience i could do .. an episode of The O.C at the start with ryan as he protests against the institution of jail and goes through some pretty messed up experiences as a result> with moving to the cohen's and his family abandoning him.. ?? plz reply

trento654

HSC
american history x is good

instiution: penile

individual : expresses himself as a neo nazi, antisocial, divides the institution of family, commits an unlawful act

personal experience: tough exterior, become of the minority within the prison, relises his strong believes don't mean as much to the other inmates despite their exterior, makes friends with a black guy working with him in a job assigned by the institution, learn from a horrible experience, exterior shows reforment aupon leaving the prison

raw: only you can change your life

AHX has anything done made your life better??

Last edited:

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Yo peeps,
Remember that institutions don't necessarily need to be correctional facilities. They could also be family, sports clubs, orphanages etc etc etc.

coolcapsicum

HSC
hey guys i had a quick questions..

Your texts offer various representations of protest and compliance in society

Compare these representations, referring to your prescribed and at least one other related text of your choosing.

this was the 2006 HSC..

i don't really like this question.. what does it mean by compliance and protest in SOCIETY?..

would brett's rebellion agianst authority be a good point?
rebecca (protest) juxtaposed with caitlyn (compliance)?
i'm not really too sure

does anyone have any suggestions at all?

kwinnall

HSC
Im also doing RAW and initially one of my related texts was the 1996 film 'Matilda' directed by Danny DeVito, but since the Trials i was advised that this was not an appropriate choice as it was ' a children's film'.

Does anyone have / know where i can obtain notes / summaries etc on the film 'Girl Interrupted' and its link to RAW.

Cheers :)

jay9nine

lonley plz msg me
"The Island" by Micheal Bay is a really good text to use its about a bunch of clones that are held captive in an institution that "protects" them from a "contaminated" world but is really using them as spare body parts for their original counterparts. it my be difficult and tricky to word, but if your confident in your english skills have a go

gemini91

HSC
I'm using the film The Longest Yard starring Adam Sandler and the song Lyrics of Institutionalized by Sensesfail..not my type of music but good lyrics about a mental institution.

dannicalifornia

HSC

hey you cant use rabit proof fence guys its on the B.O.S list

x

col333

HSC

yeh im doing one flew over the cuckoos nest aswell. its a good movie

col333

HSC

dannicalifornia said:
hey you cant use rabit proof fence guys its on the B.O.S list

x
you8 can do anything you want as long as u back it up and give reasons y it relates!

yam1

HSC
I only have one related text for Raw so far,which is Girl,Interupted
Can anyone suggest any other good ones?
^.^

dazza 1

HSC
we did the youth off the streets website, and some story from 4 corners about some criminals adjusting to the outside after being in prison

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)