Read this first (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Hey, I was wondering what the latest updates are.

Well, I just want to know whether we are still going with the action suggested by Lazarus which is basically asking the BOS for our raw marks. There are few other things that we might look into if we have more time though (e.g. petition and etc.)

But anyway, I am willing to help as I have some free time here now and then. :)

Last edited:

James Cos

HSC
Lazarus said:

1 January - JK applies to BOS for all raw band cut-offs and raw means and standard deviations from 2001-2008 inclusive.
have you been advised of the determination of your request? =)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
have you been advised of the determination of your request? =)
Here's my reply.

You'll note that it's substantially the same as yours. (And I noted that it is an improvement on replies from previous years - no doubt one of the benefits of a review by the Ombudsman!)

They have misunderstood (or not bothered to properly consider) the second part of my request. Paragraph (c) on p2 makes no sense, because obviously raw means and standard deviations cannot be used to produce or even estimate five separate cut-offs points.

The whole debate will fall to be considered on whether disclosure is in or is contrary to the public interest. There are obviously competing public interests.

I have until close to the end of the month to reply so will probably draft my response over the next couple of weekends.

I think I'd like to increase the pressure a bit before then too so would appreciate feedback on the draft letter template I posted in the other thread.

How many students from JRAHS 2008 would be willing to send off a free letter requesting their raw marks? :D

dp624

HSC
Hmm, I wonder how they arrived to the conclusion that both Jameses have a connection to boredofstudies.org?
I was identified as user dp624 but as far as I know, in both your determinations, they have made a connection without any proof.

I received my determination today as well, and it was almost identical to yours. Meh

As to how many Ruse08 ppl.. I'd say a handful (5-10?), because quite a few people are 'over' the HSC now.

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Well, they know me. :)

I am not sure about James Sin though...

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I just want to say that I am available for anything that you have in mind, James.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Thanks Namu.

I am currently awaiting another response from the Board which I expect to receive next week sometime - we can decide on the best approach once I have that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)