Read this! Gain some perspective on the HSC (1 Viewer)

lextasy

HSC
great find.
i'm at one of those schools where pretty much everyone based their timetable on how many frees they would get. so i always thought i had a little ambition...

Kao

HSC
Bahaha, I love it! My school's a bit of a mix. One end of the spectrum are aiming for astronomical UAIs, the other end have wasted two years by even bothering to stay after the SC, and then most of us are in the middle. I'm a middle ;)

tempco

HSC
funny thing... that article seems to imply that there's something wrong with having high expectations and goals.

leslie229

HSC
i dun think it wuz implying that

but having high goals is fine but why should it be to such an extent that it stresses you out so much between getting 99 and 98?

esieff

tempco said:
funny thing... that article seems to imply that there's something wrong with having high expectations and goals.
lol, ok, you go have your high expectations and goals. and we'll go have fun instead.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
- Pull a Homer and start whispering subliminal messages through a toilet roll "You're gonna fail... You're gonna fail... "

- Walk straight up to them and say "You're going to fail your H.S.C!!!!" then when they look at you terrified and say "WHAT?!?!" say "I said, do you have the time?".

lol, i fink u end up at a very *random* place, if u actualli pull it off, anyways made me laugh ..

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Ah fuck.. as if bag out my school :( we're not the freaks.. James ruse are!! -.-

tempco

HSC
leslie229 said:
i dun think it wuz implying that

but having high goals is fine but why should it be to such an extent that it stresses you out so much between getting 99 and 98?
time management.

several students who don't achieve high marks tend to think that those who have received 99.xx or 100 have no life, and were stressed throughout their hsc year. it makes them feel better about themselves... that it was worth not studying "as much as those nerds" since we had fun and they didn't. prime example:

hotice11 said:
lol, ok, you go have your high expectations and goals. and we'll go have fun instead.
you can get marks in the 99s and have a great time during your hsc/high school years.

leslie229

HSC
tempco said:
time management.

several students who don't achieve high marks tend to think that those who have received 99.xx or 100 have no life, and were stressed throughout their hsc year. it makes them feel better about themselves... that it was worth not studying "as much as those nerds" since we had fun and they didn't. prime example:

you can get marks in the 99s and have a great time during your hsc/high school years.

clearly weve struck a nerve or somethin

sure there are ppl who manage their time and do well but theyre shaping their senior years around an exam. centring such a thing around a 3 week period is going to cause excessive and superfluous anxiety. For these people, this great senior high school life you speak of, is limited by their hsc thirst.

it's no doubt that most students are stressed about these exams. there are tonnes of girls crying at my school even right before the exams. the door of the conseillor has never been knocked on so much. its completely ridiculous because i know these girls and they'll all do great. they've studied constantly throughout the year driven by each other's assurance that studying insanely is normal and the only way to do well in life. at the end of the day, if you want to get into a good course, it's not imperative that you need 99.90 instead of 99.75

though obviously i cant expect anyone

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
there are tonnes of girls crying at my school even right before the exams. the door of the conseillor has never been knocked on so much.
Oh crap are you serious? :(

I think it must be the private school parents factor??

meg__

HSC
tempco said:
I am all for getting in the 99s and having fun at the same time... Care to let us in on how? Time management are two words that don't explain how this is possible.

LostAuzzie

HSC
Well with regards to time management, try working to a timetable, allocate say 2-3hrs per weeknight and maybe 5 on weekends (inclusive of friday nights). This gives you time to party and such without cutting out study time.
Working to a timetable doesnt always work for everyone (it's just an idea) but for those it does work for it helps to eliminate procrastination and makes for useful studytime.
Hope that Helps

7th Sign

HSC
yeah some funny stuff was a ok read....

Heaps of deros at my school are like that lols....

HSC
Dude I just want to get into my course! High or not high, it's something I'm aiming for, and I need a certain UAI to achieve that goal. But, I've got a plan B so I guess I won't be that devastated if I don't reach that goal.

I love homer.

leslie229

HSC
SilveryNightsky said:
Dude I just want to get into my course! High or not high, it's something I'm aiming for, and I need a certain UAI to achieve that goal. But, I've got a plan B so I guess I won't be that devastated if I don't reach that goal.

I love homer.
you just became my favourite

leslie229

HSC
anyone know what school he could be talking about... i'd like to know

angelic_sammy

HSC
_dhj_ said:
Ah fuck.. as if bag out my school :( we're not the freaks.. James ruse are!! -.-
not all of james ruse r freaks thank you very much
im one of the ones not aiming for a 99 uai

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)