Reading Time (1 Viewer)

study1234

HSC
I was wondering how other people used their reading time during exams. I know most people use it read questions carefully, and even start doing some multiple choice, but I never really use it. I quickly skim the paper in like 1 minute, and then try to prepare/relax myself in the next 4 minutes. How do you guys approach the reading time?

deswa1

HSC
English- read essays and creative and work out what I was going to do. Leftover time spent on reading short answers. Phys/chem/Eco- flick through the paper to get an understanding of everything, make sure i can do everything, mentally note possible tricky spots/harder questions. I never saw the point of just doing mc in your head. Like if you can do it in 10 mins of reading time, you can do it in ten mins of exam time but you can write in exam time which minimizes chance of error. Maths- read through the paper and the harder questions

enoilgam

HSC
As mentioned above, it really depends on the subject, but here's what I did:

Maths: Read through the paper focusing on the harder/longer questions.
English: For AoS, I quickly planned my essay/short answer, then skim read the short answer texts. For Paper II, I planned my essays out mentally.
Eco: Selected the essay questions I was going to do, planned them and looked over the longer short answers.
Modern/Legal/SOR: Selected and planned my essays.

Like deswa, I didnt really see the need to do MC in reading time - I think planning essays and focusing on the harder stuff was much more important.

Live

HSC
I just start the exam lol, beginning with multiple choice of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)