reality check of uni? (1 Viewer)

jannny

HSC
mzduxx2006 said:
i just had my enrollement today, wasnt everything i expected, really scared now :(
wat do u mean? Elaborate :)

williamc

HSC
I know what the 3rd and 4th year students will be thinking first day.

Remember yr 12, with the year 7's coming in... all innocent at the start and quiet.. then they turn into fuckwits..

Well we are now the yr 7's.. and they are the older grades..

Ill tell you wat but, im not going to be waiting to walk through tight sections like i did in year 7.. but i do remember in year 7 looking at some of those glamour chicks.. the ones you wouldnt kick out of bed for farting these days.. proally be the same with the older people'zzz.

kokodamonkey

HSC
i enrolled at sydney today.. no probs. only thing i was surprised about was the first bit when u filled out what units doing for your first year i thought the advisors would have been all over you telling you what to do but apart from that meh. God how long does it take lining up to have your photo taken! Im just happy that i made friends with a girl like 20mins b4 that so i did a mini skip of the queue!

kokodamonkey

HSC
babikakez said:
nicely done :uhhuh:
i know i feel sorry for anyone that joined the end of that queue to have your uni card fixed up..

only thing i dont like is we cant access the timetables online etc for a few weeks.. i'd have loved to have played around with that for a while meh..

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Lodgic said:
PS: Also, do we buy our textbooks before or after O-week?
No, you don't buy any at all.

decypher

HSC
Lodgic said:
Hey i enroled at Sydney Uni today as well :D

I was suprised that i didn't fill out anything to allocate when i would have lectures/tutorals (specific times in my timetable). Anybody know when we organise our timetables :confused:

Uni is different to school, so long as you meet the requirements for your degree to be awarded nobody gives a fuck what you do on the road there.

DeepDarkRose

HSC
Lodgic said:
I was suprised that i didn't fill out anything to allocate when i would have lectures/tutorals (specific times in my timetable). Anybody know when we organise our timetables :confused:

You can get your timetable starting from oweek, then you can play with it a bit online or go complain to the timetabling people if you have major problems.

If you choose to buy any textbooks, you can do that whenever you want, expect long lines during oweek though. And probably the first week at least.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Timetables come out O-week or a bit before, at which point you'll have the opportunity to match wits with the timetable system to get one that you want.

And definitely don't buy any textbooks until you've been to the lectures. Half the books on the text list won't be necessary (particularly in humanities courses).

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
is the timetable changing option available to all courses or only some?, because ive got two booklets one for biology and in that it says i cant change my timetable, but in my chemistry booklet it mentions nothing of that sort just says timetables available later on. Btw this is for pharmacy.

nick1689

HSC
When exactly does O-week start again, isnt it a week before lectures start or something?

DeepDarkRose

HSC
nick1689 said:
When exactly does O-week start again, isnt it a week before lectures start or something?

oweek is wed 27th feb - fri 29th feb
first day of lectures is mon 3rd march

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
the newbies seem much more terrified of it all this year

gosh, i forgot first day back is just going to be a sea of people

nick1689

HSC
DeepDarkRose said:
oweek is wed 27th feb - fri 29th feb
first day of lectures is mon 3rd march
Thanks buddy.

So will the timetables come out on that wednesday, or on another day that week? Is it easy to change the timetable? Im hoping to get all of my subjects into 3 days a week, but from what ive heard I dont know if thats possible. Do they just randomly give you the times, or do you have a fair it of freedom in personalsing your timetable?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
that's because I was pumping out the bravado at the beggining of last year, and newbies like jb_nc, cosmic doris, IHPF and so on were following my lead of awesomeness.

EDIT: @ Townie

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
that's because I was pumping out the bravado at the beggining of last year, and newbies like jb_nc, cosmic doris, IHPF and so on were following my lead of awesomeness.

EDIT: @ Townie
Yay! That's me! :D

'Sif you lead on awesomness... :mad:

Last edited:

DeepDarkRose

HSC
nick1689 said:
Thanks buddy.

So will the timetables come out on that wednesday, or on another day that week? Is it easy to change the timetable? Im hoping to get all of my subjects into 3 days a week, but from what ive heard I dont know if thats possible. Do they just randomly give you the times, or do you have a fair it of freedom in personalsing your timetable?
I can't actually remember, they might come out a few days before oweek, I think that's what happened last year...?

And you can change the timetable online, it's kind of an annoying system where you can put a few time slots that you don't want classes and it works around them if it can.

Your timetable will depend on when your subjects are running, and how big your courses are. If there are a lot of people in the course, some lectures may run more than once, giving you the freedom to choose which one you attend. If you are like me and all of your lectures only run once cause the course is small, you don't really get much choice.

You can however usually change tutorial groups without much hassle, at least I know I have and nobody cared.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)