reality check of uni? (1 Viewer)

nick1689

HSC
Ok thanks DDR.

Just one more question completely unrelated to this thead (I guess), Ive already decided to change one unit of study (even though I enrolled today..), and I know you cant do that until Feb 15th. However, do you do that at myuni.usyd.edu.au? Cause I was looking at that site but I couldnt find any links to change it.

DeepDarkRose

HSC
nick1689 said:
Ok thanks DDR.

Just one more question completely unrelated to this thead (I guess), Ive already decided to change one unit of study (even though I enrolled today..), and I know you cant do that until Feb 15th. However, do you do that at myuni.usyd.edu.au? Cause I was looking at that site but I couldnt find any links to change it.
no problem, glad to help :)

it's in myuni, if u go to My Study (top left) and then click the thing that says login to student administration and it will appear there eventually

mzduxx2006

HSC
jannny said:
wat do u mean? Elaborate :)
hm well at this moment in time ive calmed down a bit and i surfed the sydney university website so i know A LITTLE BIT of how the university operates. but i duno. the campus is so big. and they girls there are such bitches. they just stared at me as if i had like lepercy or something :( the teachers were nice though but man its just so different to highschool.

mzduxx2006

HSC
nick1689 said:
When exactly does O-week start again, isnt it a week before lectures start or something?
o week for me, [i go to sydney uni at the cumberland campus] is on the 28th of february. it might be diff for other ones though :S

kokodamonkey

HSC
Triangulum said:
Timetables come out O-week or a bit before, at which point you'll have the opportunity to match wits with the timetable system to get one that you want.

And definitely don't buy any textbooks until you've been to the lectures. Half the books on the text list won't be necessary (particularly in humanities courses).
i already bought all my textbooks for this semester so please dont say that!

niteshade1312

HSC
You bought all your books already?! Oh goodness! I don't think I've ever bought a book before semester started and I'm overly organised!!!

Seriously, if you're a newbie... just play it all by ear! Don't be eagerly prepared.. won't help you out. It's like wearing a giant "NEWBIE" sign on your head. Wait till you've gone to your "Welcome to (insert unit of study code). These are the requirements... blah blah" lecture x 4 (you'll get the same lecture 4 or so times per semester). You might not even like the unit and decide to change.

tennille

HSC
kokodamonkey said:
i already bought all my textbooks for this semester so please dont say that!
You would have been better off if you bought them second-hand when uni begins.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
oh i hope i can get a timetable like that. i need time to work...might go check that out again
eh screw you engl2632. i had a 3 day week without you

oh well i get to go home at noon so i guess it's a plus

Matt Samson

HSC
kokodamonkey said:
i enrolled at sydney today.. no probs. only thing i was surprised about was the first bit when u filled out what units doing for your first year i thought the advisors would have been all over you telling you what to do.
You guys still don't have online enrolments?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Matt Samson said:
You guys still don't have online enrolments?
NO, SADLY THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY IS NOT AS GREAT AS CSU. ONE DAY I HOPE THE UNIVERSITY I ATTEND OR AM AN ALUMNUS OF IS AS GOOD AS CSU. FOR THAT, I SIT DOWN AND PRAY EVERY DAY.

Matt Samson

HSC
jb_nc said:
NO, SADLY THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY IS NOT AS GREAT AS CSU. ONE DAY I HOPE THE UNIVERSITY I ATTEND OR AM AN ALUMNUS OF IS AS GOOD AS CSU. FOR THAT, I SIT DOWN AND PRAY EVERY DAY.
Oh mate, I used to sit in economics lectures in the Merewether building. I'm not the only one who has abandoned Tokyo Techie v.2 (UNSW is v.1).

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
jb_nc said:
lol

Matt Samson

HSC
I tried counting the amount of white people in the classes, I could count them on 1 hand (me included).

UNSW is worse, my dad works there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)