• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Reality TV shows (1 Viewer)

Fry

Originally posted by routemarker
well all the new shows suck when you can see that theyre so very un original and just use sex or conflict for viewership.

The Hot House is rating horribly ( yay:D ) that Fraiser, Home And Away and ABC news had higher ratings in the time slot. On wednesday seven's my wife and kids beat it in the time slot.

In tasmania tens affiliate network southern cross has moved it to 11.30pm out of prime time.

Counting the days when the capital city networks do the same and put seinfeld back on ( i bet more ppl would watch that !) or even better just bulldose the house already and cut their losses.

the same will happen with the resort...
where'd you get this info? yay for 'my wife and kids' beating 'the hot house'. i hope they axe the show (highly unlikely) or dont make a second season. im so so sick of reality shows where they put a whole bunch of people together and make us watch them interact. whoever finds that kind of stuff interesting have no life.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i like big brother as it's the original but not the others

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
btw, whats "joe shmoe" show abt. ? i saw it being advertised heavily during the cricket. :D
I believe its a program where one man (the 'Joe Schmoe' of the title) is fooled into believing he is participating in a reality program, when all around him are actors. Basically, its like The Truman Show, without the humour or social commentary.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
I believe its a program where one man (the 'Joe Schmoe' of the title) is fooled into believing he is participating in a reality program, when all around him are actors. Basically, its like The Truman Show, without the humour or social commentary.
LoL- thats a new twist to "reality tv" isn't it? :D

jayz

walking
if reality tv is so terriblly received by the majority of educated viewers, i.e. us, how come the TV stations still persue to broadcast them? maybe they should start a reality show where they show the reality of reality shows

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by jayz
if reality tv is so terriblly received by the majority of educated viewers, i.e. us, how come the TV stations still persue to broadcast them? maybe they should start a reality show where they show the reality of reality shows
LoL, that'll b funny. :D

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by jayz
Sadly, because they've rated well. Two of the biggest rating programs of the year in 2003 were Big Brother and Australian Idol, and this contributed to the influx of programs this year.

(And I do not intend this in a condescending fashion...)The 'Educated' don't always form the majority of television viewers.

Last edited:

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
i say all this renovation show crap was all due to the success of THE BLOCK. now if that went badly the hot house, the resort, my restaurant rules would probably not exist althrough my restaurant rules is the better of the three.

walrusbear

HSC
movies aren't worth watching on network television.
they censor anything they possibly can. just for the sake of it it seems sometimes.
not worth watching movies with expletives or violence taken out. i doubt they'd even show a movie on 7,9 or 10 with a sex scene in it.

dammit

also, i think those ratings are a fair bit misleading. i think they're a reflection of general complacency rather than people REALLY liking these crappy reality tv shows. most people who posted here admit to thinking they're shit, yet still watch it. the ratings are hard to avoid given that reality and home improvement shows now make up about 50+% of prime time television.
what ever happened to entertainment? :(

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
I've had enough of Reality TV. Especially the Australian bullsh*t.
CAN'T....TAKE....ANY....MORE!
kill me now :(

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by walrusbear
not worth watching movies with expletives or violence taken out. i doubt they'd even show a movie on 7,9 or 10 with a sex scene in it.
they didnt censor bridget jones last night...left all the swearing and the 'sex' scene in (if you can call it that)

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
What? i should have watched Bridget Jone's Diary, Swordfish was so stupid, only watch it cause its from the same producers or dictrector as Gone in 60 seconds

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
i've seen swordfish many times, and i still think it's a great movie. Except when you see halle berry's boobs. Now that's crossing the line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)