Really frigging scared (1 Viewer)

Guernica

HSC
I know noone can tell me what I should do, because it's up to me and my situation. Just let me ramble for a moment to get it off my chest.

I was always going to do 11 units for year 12 - 2U maths, EXT1 maths, adv english, chem, bio, legal. I was going to drop CAFS. But now, I don't know if I can handle doing extension maths in the HSC, because... well... I suck :rolleyes:

But it is totally not an option to keep CAFS. I can't stand it. It's so not me. I have no idea why I chose it.

So now it looks like I'm stuck doing 10 units. But I don't want to :(

I want to go back in time.

Thank you for allowing me to ramble.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I do 10 units. It's bliss.

With the exception of English, in which I'm still ranked in the top 1/3, I'm confident in everything else. I have lots of time and free periods to study for my 10 units, and I found that a lot easier to handle than when I did 11. :p

Don't worry too much about doing only 10 units. These are the subjects you are good at, which means you're likely to go well in them. It's really not that scary.

Guernica

HSC
I just don't know if i'm confident enough about going as good as I want to in every single assessment...

But I guess... mmm yeah... it's not that bad :)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Guernica said:
I just don't know if i'm confident enough about going as good as I want to in every single assessment...

But I guess... mmm yeah... it's not that bad :)
Think about it. If you had 11 units, you'd still want to do well in all of them, right?

It'll probably occur to you some time during the middle of the year that one of your subjects definitely won't count towards your UAI. Then you kind of start regretting doing it, and wasting so much time on it. :p That's what happened to me, and I ended up dropping that unit.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Guernica said:
I know noone can tell me what I should do, because it's up to me and my situation. Just let me ramble for a moment to get it off my chest.

I was always going to do 11 units for year 12 - 2U maths, EXT1 maths, adv english, chem, bio, legal. I was going to drop CAFS. But now, I don't know if I can handle doing extension maths in the HSC, because... well... I suck :rolleyes:

But it is totally not an option to keep CAFS. I can't stand it. It's so not me. I have no idea why I chose it.

So now it looks like I'm stuck doing 10 units. But I don't want to :(

I want to go back in time.

Thank you for allowing me to ramble.
I agree with the rest of you. If you hate extension maths or CAFS or whatever, drop it. Don't waste your time studying something you hate or not good at. If you do 10 units, you have more study time, free periods. The choice is up to you.

People do 11/12/13/14 units because they fear they might screw up a subject and if so, it won't affect the uai. If you are on 10 units, you are less likely to screw up because you have more study time, less work, less exams, less study, less classes and there's more time for each subject.

GOOD LUCK. Make the right decision!!

Guernica

HSC
Hmmmmmmm yeah... I suppose if I work my ass off in my free periods, it'll be fine.

Thanks guys!

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Guernica said:
Hmmmmmmm yeah... I suppose if I work my ass off in my free periods, it'll be fine.

Thanks guys!
Made your decision yet?

Guernica

HSC
I think I'll do 10 units - 2u maths, adv english, chemistry, biology, legal studies.

HSC
N/A
Guernica said:
I think I'll do 10 units - 2u maths, adv english, chemistry, biology, legal studies.
Yeah, that looks fine to me :cool:

I personally think it's better doing 10, just because you get a lot more study time.... and everything you're doing actually counts - so you feel less of an urge to slack off in a subject.

As long as you're confident in the 10, you'll do well. Even if you're not confident in one (like I am with Ancient History) I guess you just have to work a bit harder studying that subject (which is possible with all your free period time!)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Guernica said:
Haha, that's what I told myself.

What did I end up doing during free periods? Bumming around and playing games. :p

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:

What did I end up doing during free periods? Bumming around and playing games. :p
Don't waste free periods. It's an advantage over others (yeh..more time!!) but remember you have 10 units. Every unit counts towards the uai. Make sure all 10 units (all 5 subjects) are good.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Dreamerish*~ said:

I agree... it's hard to work in frees :(

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
The whole 'I don't do any work in free periods' thing is probably why I'm keeping 12 units. I'm just going to waste time in frees - who am I kidding? I may as well put the time to good use.

I_F

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
yeah, same
that's another reason i'm dropping extension english and taking up extension 2 maths!

fakingtheday

HSC
I stopped reading above because i thought i was gonna vomit. I do ten units because i'm lazy. Stop whining just do eeet. I've spent a lot of time sitting round in free periods and i topped 4 of my 5 courses with a 3rd in the other. 10 = units more fun

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I'm dead lazy too. Yet I'm doing 12 units. Hmmm... fun, or put a bit more effort in an make a little more of the 13 years I've sunk into school. Such a hard choice...

I_F

Last edited:

nwatts

HSC
Porcia said:
i have 21 frees in a fortnight... 1 hour periods... :D *hides from oncoming jelous abuse* oh and i do 12 units
Hah, yeah. And you've still got a year left of school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)