Really frigging scared (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

Porcia said:
i have 21 frees in a fortnight... 1 hour periods... :D *hides from oncoming jelous abuse* oh and i do 12 units
how did you find out?

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I'm doing 10 units becuase I hate other subjects and I dont see any use in doing more subjects. Get over your UAI. I reckon I'll do much better with just 10.

To those doin 10 units. High five.

To the rest of you. Fucking nerds. Keep dreaming for that 100 UAI.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
To the rest of you. Fucking nerds. Keep dreaming for that 100 UAI.

Aww, shucks, how nice. We love you too.

I_F

Always

HSC
Why do people think that doing only 10 units means a person is less intelligent? People with 10 units still get UAI's of 99, 98 and the such. What's the point of doing more units if you don't even like the subjects you do and if they don't count in the end anyway? Sounds like a waste of time to me - time that could've been better employed.

P

pLuvia

Who says doing 10 units means the person is stupid

It simply means that the person is:
1. Not interested in other subjects
2. Excels in the subjects they have chosen therefore want to spend more time on them
3. Does not worry about the risk as they are confident about achieving well in their subjects

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Doing 10 units gives him/her more motivation in some way as they can not fail a subject and if they do, their uai will be messed up. Also, they get more time to concentrate on each individual subject.
Sometimes those who do 12+ units lay back as they have a second chance whereby their worst subject/s is not counted in the uai.

Always

HSC
kadlil said:
Who says doing 10 units means the person is stupid

It simply means that the person is:
1. Not interested in other subjects
2. Excels in the subjects they have chosen therefore want to spend more time on them
3. Does not worry about the risk as they are confident about achieving well in their subjects
Yes, that's exactly my point, but a lot of people still seem to have the notion that people do 10 units because they're less capable. People say to me "Why are you only doing 11 units?" with their noses held high in the air. Simply because there is no other subjects I wish to study.

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
i reckon doin 12 units is safer...but u need to put more effort. i'm considering dropping eco cus i did shit in the yearly exam...wats the point of doin a subject u know it will not count towards ur UAI
?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Was there anywhere implied that if you did 10 units, you're stupid? Looked more like the other way round to me, judging from this thread. Doing 12 units may be safer, but that should be no slight to those doing less. If you feel they can do well with less units, go for it. If you want the buffer, take it.

I_F

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
HOORAY 4 10 units!!!
lol
im dropping legal- so i can ace physics
i can't wait///
of course everyone is telling me its so riskay...
but oh well- im going 4 it!

A YEAR TO GO>>>???WHAAAAAT!
lol
cant believe it!
GOD BLESS 4 THE HSC CLASS OF 05!
wooooo

Mumma

HSC
God im not even sure if i do 11 or 12 units
*counts*
Hmmm, yeah, 12 units.

xxxx8888

HSC
That's like me, I thought I'd be doing 11u for my HSC but I'm not sure if I can do well enough in extension maths to keep it.

elisabeth

HSC
fakingtheday said:
Drop the two you hate, and blast through and top everything. That's what i did, almost.

Haha, people didn't know what happened at half yearlies.
Exactly. I kept my 12 and topped them, but I wish I had dropped modern while I had the chance. Would that I had frees and one less HSC to study for. I'd be finished by now!

People, don't kid yourselves that you'll use all your frees for study. Part of the fun of yr 12 is mucking about with your mates in them. Besides, when you skive off and are so strict, you feel bad and just get further off track. Set aside a few of your frees a week for fun, and make the others for work. Since you're getting a reward for working in some, it's more realistic and there's an incentive to stick to it.

P

pLuvia

I regretted for 10 mins today having 13 units then I was over it after receiving a letter to go to Japan :) Hence I was unhappy doing Japanese lol :D:)

Jimmy Pax

HSC
I'm doing 12, but I really want to drop either Engineering or Physics. I just don't know which one...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
well it kinda sucks to do 8 exams like i have to do for my subjects.

but i would rather have a safety net rather than none at all....now....3 more left...stupid hsc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)