Really sick and 7 days left (1 Viewer)

fatgoldfish91

HSC
I've got an ear and throat infection and im starting a course of antibiotics but theres only 7 days before the english exam. My head is just aching and pounding and i can't concentrate on anything.
I can't even sleep properly, what am I going to do?? ;___;

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
there's not much u can do. focus on your health, don't stress and continue to study.
make sure you sleep and eat well. Good luck

oasfree

HSC
N/A
I've got an ear and throat infection and im starting a course of antibiotics but theres only 7 days before the english exam. My head is just aching and pounding and i can't concentrate on anything.
I can't even sleep properly, what am I going to do?? ;___;
This is bad. The weather has been a bit awful. The antibiotics will and the sickness will make your mind dull for at least 2-3 weeks. The bottom line is that you will not do as well as you should normally do.
I think you have serious decision to make. If you get to near the exams and still feel weak, you have to choose

1/ Not to do them and wait until next year. I know it feels horrible to repeat a year after 13 years of schooling. But it's not that bad if you know how to handle it.

2/ Go ahead with the exams, but ask the doctor to write a letter to the school about your sickness and what that would affect your HSC. You may be able to use this to support your application for later university admission or whatever else.

If you pick (2), you are always in need of sympathy from people in authority. I personally don't like this because it will dog you for soem time and may ruin your chance of doing the next thing in your life. You then chose something else and that can lead you astray.

If you pick (1), be prepared to deal with peer pressure and you must seek understanding of parents, friends and people important to you. For high performers, defer 1 year will mean higher results. For the average, it will not improve the results. The trouble is what to do with your time before going back to school again to repeat year 12 (should do it at a different school where people don't know you). It would be nice to have a long holiday going away to stay with some relatives. What important is to give yourself a positive frame of mind. Turn the trouble into a chance to enjoy your life and another year at school.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Heaps of options:

Be a man and handle the pain
Repeat HSC next year
Be sick and get estimate ATAR
Be a legendary man and don't take antibiotics until after HSC
Apply for special provisions

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
Oh wow... so sorry I hope you feel better
I've been taking vitamin C twice a day for a month just to avoid this kinda stuff!
Good luck, so sorry :(

Jeee

Banned
HSC
Drink
LOTS
and
LOTS
and
LOTS
of water.
Preferrably room temperature/tap water. Cleanse your body.

Be active. Don't stay in bed. You'll become lethargic if you stay seated or lying down. You'll need to get up, go for a walk, shop a little bit + buy something you really like (might lift your spirits) etc

See a doctor. They should give you advice about how to handle everything before upcoming exams.

Hope you get better very soon.

HSC
ahh hope you feel better soon.
ive been sick for the majority of the year so i just deal with it now :( its horrible though, i totally feel your pain!

q3thefish

HSC
Go see a doctor, take your meds, hope for the best and pwn the HSC.

kwabon

Banned
HSC
Dance it off.

"Don't blame it on the sunshine
Don't blame it on the moonlight
Don't blame it on the good times
Blame it on the boogie"
:monkey:<---- meant to be you dancing.

Paradox.101

HSC
I swear to God this is my worst nightmare.
My immune system isn't the most strongest out there and this is literally my worst nightmare, right now I feel like a cold is coming on so I'm drinking a crap load of water and hopefully I'll be fine tomorrow.
I feel for you OP and I really do hope you get better.

fatgoldfish91

HSC
thanks for the advice and support everyone >u<
i think the medicine is finally starting to kick in and my headache is easing a little bit, so i'm going to do my best and see how I go (not much else i can do haha)

mazarati

HSC
I swear to God this is my worst nightmare.
My immune system isn't the most strongest out there and this is literally my worst nightmare, right now I feel like a cold is coming on so I'm drinking a crap load of water and hopefully I'll be fine tomorrow.
I feel for you OP and I really do hope you get better.

Drink heaps and heaps of orange juice. It REALLY helps stave off a cold, and reduce the length of it if you've already got it.

Have honey and garlic too, unless you're ahemm :bat:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)