Really stuck with assessment task! (1 Viewer)

LEEESHA

HSC
This assessment task is split in two parts, i've got the second part under control but Part A I am really confused.

It's really long so i can't quite type it out, but basically i have to create a 'Belonging Wall' that represents the experiences and notions of belonging from the perspective of the characters from my set text (Romulus, My Father), and at least two texts of my own choosing (I'm thinking 'Rabbit Proof Fence' and 'Feliks Skrzynecki').

The wall should have these features:

-conceptual framework (mine is cultural identity, social instituions and belonging/not belonging)
-use of text, such as key quotes ot words that reflect key ideas, values, notions of 'belonging'
-use of graphics and images that signify the context, experiences and perceptions of belonging

Presentation can include stimulus booklet, poster, diorama, model, virtual wall (power point, digital story, slide show etc)

I was thinking of doing it as a powerpoint but i'm really not sure on how to put everything together. Any ideas would be really helpful :)

Also, if anyone had any notes 'RPF' or 'FS' that would be really helpful as well.

Last edited:

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
We had to do this as a homework task. Wasn't an assessment but it's pretty much the same thing.
I did a collage on cardboard but the same thing can be easily done in photoshop or paint or powerpoint.
Think of colours you can use to represent the land (think orange and brown and yellow). The placement of the quotes you use is also important. I surrounded a picture of Raimond with long, torn up pieces of paper with the quotes and words he used to describe the landscape and I put glittering gold beads in swirly shapes around him too so it kind of represented how beautiful the land was to him. The swirly shapes also symbolised freedom.
For Romulus I put a little name tag saying JACK on him and explained it with the quote about why people called him that. The picture was placed behind a piece of plastic mesh that I coloured black. It showed the barrier between him and society.
For Christine I guess you could put in a picture of the dead red gum that symbolised her isolation.
I'm sorry I couldn't be of much more help.

LEEESHA

HSC
Cinnamonster said:
We had to do this as a homework task. Wasn't an assessment but it's pretty much the same thing.
I did a collage on cardboard but the same thing can be easily done in photoshop or paint or powerpoint.
Think of colours you can use to represent the land (think orange and brown and yellow). The placement of the quotes you use is also important. I surrounded a picture of Raimond with long, torn up pieces of paper with the quotes and words he used to describe the landscape and I put glittering gold beads in swirly shapes around him too so it kind of represented how beautiful the land was to him. The swirly shapes also symbolised freedom.
For Romulus I put a little name tag saying JACK on him and explained it with the quote about why people called him that. The picture was placed behind a piece of plastic mesh that I coloured black. It showed the barrier between him and society.
For Christine I guess you could put in a picture of the dead red gum that symbolised her isolation.
I'm sorry I couldn't be of much more help.
This was really helpful, thankyou so much!

jennieTalia

HSC
LEEESHA said:
This assessment task is split in two parts, i've got the second part under control but Part A I am really confused.

It's really long so i can't quite type it out, but basically i have to create a 'Belonging Wall' that represents the experiences and notions of belonging from the perspective of the characters from my set text (Romulus, My Father), and at least two texts of my own choosing (I'm thinking 'Rabbit Proof Fence' and 'Feliks Skrzynecki').

The wall should have these features:

-conceptual framework (mine is cultural identity, social instituions and belonging/not belonging)
-use of text, such as key quotes ot words that reflect key ideas, values, notions of 'belonging'
-use of graphics and images that signify the context, experiences and perceptions of belonging

Presentation can include stimulus booklet, poster, diorama, model, virtual wall (power point, digital story, slide show etc)

I was thinking of doing it as a powerpoint but i'm really not sure on how to put everything together. Any ideas would be really helpful :)

Also, if anyone had any notes 'RPF' or 'FS' that would be really helpful as well.
I would suggest NOT using powerpoint and being a bit more arty with it...

A thought that came to my mind was using some sort of metal (like thin bendable wire) to create a fence sort of thing that would suggest the trapped feeling within an insititution? A bit more symbollic but maybe? http://www.qub.ac.uk/cibr/Images/Photos/CeutaBorderFenceOrig.jpg like this This could be done with really large holes in it so that you can have other images behind, maybe making a scene out of it or something.

Or. You could go even more symbollic and draw handcuffs or chains and write the quotes onto these that relate to forced belonging.

It depends what angle you are coming from.

LEEESHA

HSC
jennieTalia said:
I would suggest NOT using powerpoint and being a bit more arty with it...

A thought that came to my mind was using some sort of metal (like thin bendable wire) to create a fence sort of thing that would suggest the trapped feeling within an insititution? A bit more symbollic but maybe? http://www.qub.ac.uk/cibr/Images/Photos/CeutaBorderFenceOrig.jpg like this This could be done with really large holes in it so that you can have other images behind, maybe making a scene out of it or something.

Or. You could go even more symbollic and draw handcuffs or chains and write the quotes onto these that relate to forced belonging.

It depends what angle you are coming from.
hey i like this idea, thanks :) the reason why i was going to do powerpoint or something digital was because most people in my class is doing poster type things

jennieTalia

HSC
LEEESHA said:
hey i like this idea, thanks :) the reason why i was going to do powerpoint or something digital was because most people in my class is doing poster type things
Ahhh okay, well if your good with computers and such then use your talents... it is just that powerpoints can be reaally boring and just drag on.
Whereas posters and models and that are pretty much always original.

Spazo

HSC
hey I have to do that task too!
my idea was that there was no such thing as a belonging wall aswals create separation however i was trying to find some quotes and things to back this up and got a bit lost.. good luck with your one anyway :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)