Really sux how quickly you lose strength.. (1 Viewer)

Tim035

HSC
Stats end of November 2009:
Bench- 100kg
Squat- 107.5kg
Deadlift- 1275.5kg
Rows- 85kg

2.5 months of no training

stats of as yesterday:
Bench- 80kg
Squat- 85kg
Rows- 75kg
Deadlift- 105kg

kramxel

HSC
i feel you im recovering from a shoulder injury and its really hard to get back into the pool
my god the first few sessions were hard

untouchablecuz

HSC
Stats end of November 2009:
Bench- 100kg
Squat- 107.5kg
Deadlift- 1275.5kg
Rows- 85kg

2.5 months of no training

stats of as yesterday:
Bench- 80kg
Squat- 85kg
Rows- 75kg
Deadlift- 105kg
that sucks (losing your strength). why'd you take such a long break?

also, lost much size?

Tim035

HSC
I really wanted to get in to MMA (mixed martial arts), so I started training it in the holidays at a gym near by. It was really taxing though and I couldn't keep up doing it and weights, so I dropped the weights (no pun intended).

Due to now being at uni 9-5 (or later) for honours, it turns out I can't really make any of the classes. So I've dropped MMA and gone back to the uni gym (which is also a shit load cheaper).

MMA training was cool, but the guys there were all meat heads. All of them were tradies / labourers who went looking for fights on the weekends, so I always felt a bit edgy whilst training with them.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yeah that really sucks, i noticed a massive strength decrease when i stopped gym for a year, lol. stupid decision :(

also, do you really deadlift 1.2755 tonnes? :p

pman

Banned
HSC
This.
And I can see the inverse changes when I don't do anything 2 days in a row.
of course you can see the inverse after a 2 day break! you have stored energy and are less tired.

@OP, its the reversabilty principle, the slower you build the strength, the slower you'll lose it

Tim035

HSC
also, do you really deadlift 1.2755 tonnes? :p
Uh yeah........ I also power clean enough to throw a small child over a 3 story building. Sadly though I have decreased to mere mortal status.

pman

Banned
HSC
Uh yeah........ I also power clean enough to throw a small child over a 3 story building. Sadly though I have decreased to mere mortal status.
thats the number you wrote in your orginal post! he's asking what you really ment!

HSC
Wow, incredible loss I must admit. Hang in there LOL.

How is MMA and how did it work out for you? Considering to do it after HSC so tell me how it is ^^

Tim035

HSC
Wow, incredible loss I must admit. Hang in there LOL.

How is MMA and how did it work out for you? Considering to do it after HSC so tell me how it is ^^
MMA was really awesome, the cardio especially was very full on. What was really good initially was the fact that guys that had been training for 2-3 months could kick my ass without even trying and after I had been training for ~3 months I was doing the same with guys that were just starting. At $70 a fortnight it wasn't exactly cheap though, I'm sure once I finish uni and have more money & time on my hands I will go back to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)