• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Reapplying through UAC? (1 Viewer)

quite pro

HSC
Hi,
I posted in the general university forum too, but I have another relevant question for this forum too.

I'm not familiar with how transfers work, but I'm having trouble deciding on a course I want to do. At the moment, my main round offer is the UWS MBBS. My ATAR is 99.90 and I may want to do law for some reason after my first year of medicine. Given that my ATAR is probably going to be above the cutoff for combined law next year, would it be possible to reapply through UAC or will my ATAR "expire"? I don't mind spending an extra year on my tertiary education.

bll91

HSC
Hi,
I posted in the general university forum too, but I have another relevant question for this forum too.

I'm not familiar with how transfers work, but I'm having trouble deciding on a course I want to do. At the moment, my main round offer is the UWS MBBS. My ATAR is 99.90 and I may want to do law for some reason after my first year of medicine. Given that my ATAR is probably going to be above the cutoff for combined law next year, would it be possible to reapply through UAC or will my ATAR "expire"? I don't mind spending an extra year on my tertiary education.
I'd say it depends on the uni you're going to try & transfer into. I applied for a transfer through UAC. However since you're going to apply as a NRSL (Not straight out of Year 12), they will also take into consideration your first year results unless you apply during mid-semester where only ATAR is taken into account.

Now since you're contemplating on transferring to combined law.. I'm guessing a requirement for that is one (or more) full year of tertiary study, so it would be 50% ATAR & 50% GPA or WAM (Uni grade), then you will be given a new rank to be assessed on.

My best advice is to research each university's transfer policies, particularly in their law faculty as there may be other requirements other than just a good GPA/ATAR to be able to get in.

red-butterfly

HSC
why didn't you put law up as your 1st preference in the first place if you're just going to transfer out of med... freaking waste of a place....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)