Reason for James Ruse 1st in State and why is it not happening in other states? (1 Viewer)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Nah didn't need a tutor lel, I just wasn't really trying
Well then there's really no point in accelerating if you wanna waste your own time because at the end of the day, acceleration in maths gets you less units in year 12 and saves your time, allowing you to focus more on other subjects

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Just wondering but are there any schools which accelerate in English advanced?

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
Why? I think they need to look at the circumstances of other selective schools as well such as baulko, girra, sydney boys/girls, north sydney boys/girls, st george girls, Fort street, hurlstone etc

lol why? Once again the need to look at other circumstances of other selective schools. I know schools like Fort street, Sydney boys/girls and penrith have accelerated maths and a tonne of other accelerated subjects
What do you mean by looking at the circumstances of other schools?

In any case, for maths I think it's really because of a "if it ain't broke then don't fix it" mentality. I mean, even without the acceleration ruse still is the best performing school band 6 wise in maths. Also, ruse has developed a really really rigorous curriculum for maths over the years and by letting kids accelerate a lot of that will become undone.

leehuan

HSC
Just wondering but are there any schools which accelerate in English advanced?
Not sure about English Advanced on it's own.

But there are tons of students that accelerate altogether (i.e. speed through or jump grades)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
What do you mean by looking at the circumstances of other schools?

In any case, for maths I think it's really because of a "if it ain't broke then don't fix it" mentality. I mean, even without the acceleration ruse still is the best performing school band 6 wise in maths. Also, ruse has developed a really really rigorous curriculum for maths over the years and by letting kids accelerate a lot of that will become undone.
looking at their overall performance academically

lol. I think Sydney Grammar should start introducing accelerated maths because their maths seems more rigorous than ruse (mainly because their exams are harder than Ruse's)

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
looking at their overall performance academically

lol. I think Sydney Grammar should start introducing accelerated maths because their maths seems more rigorous than ruse (mainly because their exams are harder than Ruse's)
you should email them and give them a piece of your mind
its pretty disgraceful that such a school would hold back kids who easily have the potential to accelerate
make sure you set them straight yeah? for all of us

here you go
webmail@sydgram.nsw.edu.au

i reccommend you keep us updated so we can support you

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Just out of curiosity, why won't it happen in high school?

Also primary school's very repetitive
It's harder to happen in high school because skipping a grade then is much more than skipping a primary-school grade.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
What the hell, this was in the non school thread. Who moved it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)