• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Reasons for racism. (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
why do people take skin colour so seriously?
I presume white skin in India is an indicator of high social status and intelligence, but it isn't just that. Even non-white cultures seem to consider whiter skin to be a highly aesthetic trait. This has been demonstrated time and time again by the constantly repeated (and infamous) doll experiment, where darker skinned children are given a choice between two dolls, one with light skin and the other with dark skin, and otherwise identical features. The preference for the lighter skin doll is even higher in cultures that are predominantly comprised of darker skinned people.

Some other interesting tidbits:

By the time people are adults their perceptions of race are finely tuned. Stanford researchers have found that people can distinguish race from very minimal facial clues. They showed subjects just the front slices of plain, black profiles—the face from forehead to chin, without the hair. Subjects could tell the race of the profile (80 percent of the time) more often than they could tell the sex (70 percent), or the age within 10 years (68 percent). Race is commonly equated with skin color, but all the profiles were black. It is of obvious biological importance for adults to be able to tell the sexes apart, but they were even better at telling races apart.
Any decent 21st century kid would realise that racism is an outdated concept, or at least should be.
Why? What is your definition of racism?

Last edited:

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
going to a shool full of international students near chatswood who can't assimilate kinda impacts on your thinking too.. lol
but i've left that school now =p
exactly gurl. try being nice to those asians and them just giving you that blank look, it really doesn't help us to think positively about them. also they get better treatment at school because the teachers don't want to get in trouble for racism.

e.g. during an ANZAC day memorial service, an exchange student's phone went off loudly. no one told her off or seemed to give a shit. she then fell asleep. no one still said anything. my friend received a message silently and was checking it, and got a lunch detention. :/

(jess, why did you move and where are you now?)

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
lol lol ANZAC day a day in which we honor the men that were sent on a pointless campaign where thousands of them later died because our overlord the great Britain said so. everyone must b srsz buznes even if they're from Turkey1~1!

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
Hardly pointless. The Gallipoli campaign had a very specific and reasonable purpose; to remove the Ottoman empire from the war. Of course, it was a failure, but that doesn't make its intention pointless.

Of course, I am still of the firmest opinion that the Western world would probably have been a better place today had the Central Powers triumphed in the first World War. The twin-headed viper of democracy and universal suffrage that strangles the European world even now was allowed to continue to grow because of the outcome of that war, and as a result, homosexuals like yourself are unfortunately allowed to express their utterly nugatory opinions.

Last edited:

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
Hardly pointless. The Gallipoli campaign had a very specific and reasonable to purpose; to remove the Ottoman empire from the war. Of course, it was a failure, but that doesn't make its intention pointless.

Of course, I am still of the firmest opinion that the Western world would probably have been a better place today had the Central Powers triumphed in the first World War. The twin-headed viper of democracy and universal suffrage that strangles the European world even that was allowed to continue to grow because of the outcome of the war, and as a result, homosexuals like yourself are unfortunately allowed to express their utterly nugatory opinions.
lol~

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
hey you know what, maybe you and x.christina can get together and make some racist babies that will grow up to actually carry out large attacks against minorities instead of you know, talking about it on stormfront and the internets?

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
m8 you should it's where all the white powa folks congregate and groupwank about the superiority of the aryan race and how much they hate minorities which is ironic considering aryan whites accounts for only what around 10% of the world population?

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
exactly gurl. try being nice to those asians and them just giving you that blank look, it really doesn't help us to think positively about them. also they get better treatment at school because the teachers don't want to get in trouble for racism.

e.g. during an ANZAC day memorial service, an exchange student's phone went off loudly. no one told her off or seemed to give a shit. she then fell asleep. no one still said anything. my friend received a message silently and was checking it, and got a lunch detention. :/

HAHAHAH. reaaalllyy?? I thought the principal loved them because they do well in maths, hence gives the school a good reputation... and they pay $$$$.
I go to Cheltenham now, because its closer here and i know this sounds reaalllyyy Pauline-Hanson like, but honestly.. it's killing my chances to get good ranks, since majority of them remember their content and spit it out onto paper and get an A+.
e.g. Some girl in year 11 memorised like 40+ definitions for an exam... :/
but mr Wever hates them all :p hahaha

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
HAHAHAH. reaaalllyy?? I thought the principal loved them because they do well in maths, hence gives the school a good reputation... and they pay $$$$.
I go to Cheltenham now, because its closer here and i know this sounds reaalllyyy Pauline-Hanson like, but honestly.. it's killing my chances to get good ranks, since majority of them remember their content and spit it out onto paper and get an A+.
e.g. Some girl in year 11 memorised like 40+ definitions for an exam... :/
but mr Wever hates them all :p hahaha
mr wever hates the asians? so did miss K lol textiles class in yr 11 to 12, 8 people, 3 white, 5 asians only 1 of them was english speaking and one of my close friends, the others failed every assessment and did no work whatsoever. they were the lazy asians of the school lol

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
As is currently suggested by the literature, the most reliable methods of improving IQ scores environmentally do not involve improving education as everybody seems to stress but improving environmental factors like birthing conditions (making them more sanitary), breast-feeding, suitable nutrition, proper maintenance of the health of the mother while pregnant, etc. Education obviously helps as well but it is important to remember that one's IQ score is much less relevant than the construct that IQ attempts to capture. Many environmental interventions like special educational programs may improve IQ test scores (for a short period of time) but they do not seem to improve the g construct, which for all intents and purposes is the core of all intelligence and academic tests and also their most predictive part. An increase in your IQ test score does not necessarily mean that you are actually getting smarter; an IQ test score is only useful in its ability to predict one's ability to perform complex cognitive work, and the bulk of that predictive ability is inherent in the g factor, which is not the same as IQ.

And your intelligence is not set for life, just as your height is not. It stablilizes at an early age and then starts to become larger over time until you reach a certain age where it stops growing and then starts to get smaller. Many people criticising the relationship of brain-size with intelligence pointed out that Einstein's brain at the time of autopsy was abnormally small for his supposed intellect, but this was because Einstein's brain (like all brains) shrunk over the period of his adult life.

Regarding g we are still not entirely sure regarding its nature (it is best to view it as a construct that purports to explain real world phenomena at this point; like gravity) but it seems to be related to the very physiological structure of the brain. The thickness of the myelin fat layers within the brain, brain size itself, the glucose metabolism rate, etc. have been found to have some relationship with g. As neuroscience becomes more sophisticated we will see a merging of the 'softer' sciences of psychometrics and psychology with the actual science of the physical structure of the brain, and from this we will hopefully be able to understand the nature of g on a physical level.

This man disapproves of your post.

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Gawwd these cunts are funny:

White Guy: "Moved house, and now live next door to non whites. Against my better judgement I thought 'I'll give them a chance, as long as they don't try to meet me.' Now as i suspected, they stay up until sunrise drinking and having loud conversations (A group of them live together so they can afford the rent..as i gathered from their constant chattering which i can hear clear as day through my closed window at 3am).

If it happens again on a weeknight, I'm calling the police to make a noise complaint."

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Posted by White Male White Power: God protect us now that I moved back to the western suburbs in Sydney I'm surrounded by indian folk.

This has got to be pauline hanson: "Thanks for your that mate. I was thinking of somewhere to move to out of sydney - I was thinking over the Blue Mountains or back to my ancestral homeland Scotland. Its getting harder and harder to find good white communities in NSW or even Australia!"

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Gawwd these cunts are funny:

White Guy: "Moved house, and now live next door to non whites. Against my better judgement I thought 'I'll give them a chance, as long as they don't try to meet me.' Now as i suspected, they stay up until sunrise drinking and having loud conversations (A group of them live together so they can afford the rent..as i gathered from their constant chattering which i can hear clear as day through my closed window at 3am).

If it happens again on a weeknight, I'm calling the police to make a noise complaint."
Lol...

Describes many of Australia's population... No matter the race.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC

This man disapproves of your post.
So does the New York Times who adores his theories. Luckily a fanciful proposal regarding the nature of intelligence buttressed only by anecdotal evidence not favoured by Ockham's razor is no substitute for one hundred or so years of rigorous conceptualization favoured by reels and reels of empirical data.

Bam.

Last edited:

shaoxiong

HSC

Thats Disrespect a bunch of Arabic people in my class During the 1 mintue of silence was making fun of something -.-
is just .....not right ....and plus the asian problem ....i find it that asians are less highlighted in school ... like ...not acknowedge as much ..dont know if that made sense ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)