Recalculating UAI (1 Viewer)

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
Gibbo69er said:
I had my UAI recalculated, but thats because the incorrenct assessment mark was put in, they fixed it up and my UAI recalculated gave me like 2 more points on my UAI.

but thats cos there was a genuine error
How did you get it recalculated? If so, how much does it cost?

And the assessment mark thing... they alter the marks and all once they get the scores from school...(what I was told because they lowered all my scores too)... so how did you know it's wrong?

redd

HSC
N/A
i am almost positive that UAI can not be changed.

even if your marks get changed they will never change ur UAI

think about UAI is a rank and changing some1's will affect many others. This is what my experienced school careers advisor told me. He knows his stuff/

nookie

HSC
7th Sign said:
give it up...

i got high 80s and 70s and my uai is 61.50

if you go to a shit school and you do low scaleing subs you can not expect to get a MADDDDDDDD mark...
i am in the same position as you. i do

adv eng
maths
business studies
mod. history
vis. art
ipt

and i got a mark not far from yours. it has extremely disappointed me! i really believed i was going to get in the 70's but not that low!

i am so f*****, my parents are mad and i cant get into any courses im interested in and i missed out on tafe applications!

my life is ruined by uai and its scaling.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
redd said:

think about UAI is a rank and changing some1's will affect many others. This is what my experienced school careers advisor told me. He knows his stuff/
God...

injustice!!

mikeee

Greek Member
HSC
KeypadSDM said:
Ok, you idiots.

RELIGION IS THE WORST BLOODY SCALING SUBJECT EVER.

End rant.

The UAI is a rank, the way HSC marks are scaled at UAC is against your state cohort. If you do dumb subjects, you'll get crap scaling. Hence why chem has SIGNIFICANTLY better scaling than RE.

It's so simple. Nearly as simple as at least one of the groups of order 60.
SOR is not RE, and it scales good - better than modern history!

mikeee

Greek Member
HSC
redd said:

That's Bullshit!!!
If that was true, who the hell would pay to recheck their exams if they cant get a higher UAI?!!!

mikeee

Greek Member
HSC
Gibbo69er said:
I had my UAI recalculated, but thats because the incorrenct assessment mark was put in, they fixed it up and my UAI recalculated gave me like 2 more points on my UAI.

but thats cos there was a genuine error
How did u find out u had an incorrect assessment mark?

Last edited:

Some_Guy

HSC
madabtu said:
aw thanks for your help,

man im so pissed off ..

i had a few high band 5s ..

i ended up wif a uai of 77.90

my subs were
eng adv-86
legal-88
maths-81
retail-87
modern history-78

i was hoping to hit 80
man thats rough :(. I got something similar

Gummy_bear

HSC
I understand how you feel. I was also expecting at least in the 70s, but only managed 69.65.

Ancient: 75 band 4
Drama: 79 band 4
Standard English: 76 band 4
General Maths: 82 band 5
Senior Science: 83 band 5

I know they are not great marks, but i still thought they woul recieve a better UAI.
Could the fact that so many people this year have gone so well brought are UAI's down? I mean, since its a rank, if lots of people go really well, then the people who get 'good' but not 'great' marks will get a lower rank?

I dunno *shrug*
But, im working my way around it now. Still would have been useful for a higher UAI, specially since i wanna do teaching and we need more teachers, and the courses i wanted to do are ranged from 70 to 82 UAI.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Fudge, lol that is pretty messed up there. I mean you got higher marks than my friend did lmao, basically you beat her in every HSC Mark except for eng advanced & maths, the only thing she didn't do was retail and yet she caught up near my uai of 88...but then she was in that damn james ruse...

However, as everyone has stated before me, the main reason why your UAI was pulled down so low, was because of the subjects you chose, which unfortunately scaled down really badly this year for you. Additionally, heading to schools which are not in the Top 20s - 50s may scale you down badly...

Though I hope you can get a recalculated UAI if possible seeing that you did get alot of Band 5s. But one thing for sure is that Modern history got scaled down pretty badly this year, alot of my friends who did that subject achieved UAIs of low 80s or around mid 70s despite getting high band 5s for English advanced/standard & maths 2 unit.

purple_hogwash

HSC
I am soo cut

i did subjects that are supposed to get scaled up like EE1 and EE2 and all of my marks were in the 60's and 70's, which is pretty bad but considering all the stuff that was going on in my life i was okay with that, but my UAI was only 55.35.

How is it that if all of my scores are above 60 and supposed to be scaled high i get 55?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
purple_hogwash said:
i did subjects that are supposed to get scaled up like EE1 and EE2 and all of my marks were in the 60's and 70's, which is pretty bad but considering all the stuff that was going on in my life i was okay with that, but my UAI was only 55.35.

How is it that if all of my scores are above 60 and supposed to be scaled high i get 55?

because the marks for the HSC really fit on a scale from 50 - 100 while the UAI is from 30 -100 so marks in the 60s would result in UAI in the 50s or even 40s.

The UAI has an extra 20 numbers to cover to they are more spread out than the HSC marks and even people with an average over 90 may find a UAI in the 80s and not 90s (one student at my school was in that situation).

Captain pi

HSC
After inspecting table A3, I conservatively estimate your scaled marks to be:

for English (Advanced)—74.8
for Legal Studies—70
for Maths (that's not general is it?)—70
for Retail—61
for Modern History—57

Giving you an aggregate of at least 330 – you needed 323 to get 80, so I think they've made a mistake :)

Tell them that you've looked at tables A3 and A8 and you've concluded that there is something wrong with your marks.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
How the hell did you work that out from that table?

Wanna do it for me? My marks were (HSC exam marks):

Business Studies - 83
Chemistry - 71
English adv - 77
Mathematics - 65
Physics - 71
SDD - 84

My UAI was 73.15 (not bad considering I needed a measley 60.00)

Ninew

HSC
I am so annoyed with my hsc courses. I did 12 units to help my uai and it ended up biting me in the butt. Because they took my highest hsc marks, they didnt take my chemistry mark of 68. Instead they took my hospitality mark of 79. If they had taken my chemistry mark, my uai would have been around 4-5 points higher (according to sam, which was just 0.5 off my actual uai) which would have meant that i could have gotten into 3 of my desired courses. Argh! Very annoyed. I wonder if i could ask them to take my chemistry mark instead of hospitality.

The slackest incident i heard this year was my friends. He got his hsc marks all in the mid-80s, very high 70s, and he ended up getting a uai in the low 50s. And this is despite his subjects being high-scalers, his school in the top 150 and his school assessments all above 90. The uai is a very mysterious thing.

Captain pi

HSC
Ninew said:
I am so annoyed with my hsc courses. I did 12 units to help my uai and it ended up biting me in the butt. Because they took my highest hsc marks, they didnt take my chemistry mark of 68. Instead they took my hospitality mark of 79. If they had taken my chemistry mark, my uai would have been around 4-5 points higher (according to sam, which was just 0.5 off my actual uai) which would have meant that i could have gotten into 3 of my desired courses. Argh! Very annoyed. I wonder if i could ask them to take my chemistry mark instead of hospitality.
If they had taken your chemistry mark, your UAI would have been lower.

The UAI is calculated with regard to the performance in the ten units for which you would gain the highest UAI.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)