• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Recipes (2 Viewers)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
so has anyone tried any of the recipes from here?

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i spent all day in the kitchen a couple of days ago making tiropitikia(greek name for it), basically they are cheese triangle/pastry things... VERY fiddly cos of the filo pastry but SOOOOOO completely delicious

----

150g feta cheese
60g tasty cheese
1 egg, beaten
440g thawed filo pastry
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted

Crumble feta cheese in small bowl; mash with fork. add grated tasty cheese. Stir in eggs until well mixed. Cut filo leaves lengthwise into 3 strips. Cover with wax paper, then with damp towel to prevent drying.

Using 2 layers filo at a time, place 1 heaping teaspoon filling on end of 1 strip; fold end over from one side to the other (to form a triangle) to opposite end. Place on greased cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining filling. Puffs can be covered and refrigerated no longer than 24 hours at this point.

Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.

Brush puffs with margarine. Bake until puffed and golden, about 20 minutes. Makes about 36 triangles.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ive tried something like that... yummy
we have like a croatian thing similar but u spread the cheese onto the pastry and roll it up.. you can make it sweet (cottage cheese and sugar) or like savoury (umm i dunno the name of the cheese.. just use what she said up there lol)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i've had some cheese things, similar but different!

Kittycat

HSC
Originally posted by SKA
yeh n i have a suggestion... if u couldnt be bothered putting something in the oven coz u couldnt b bothered waiting for it to preheat n all that crap.... just put it in the grill for a few minutes
hehehe im a cheat
lol, that's what I do too. It takes alot longer in the oven I reckon.

leiara

Originally posted by copious
grillied cheese and tomatoe on bread

1. get bread and put on tomatoe and cheese
2. grill for a few minutes.

jamie oliver eat your heart out!
what we gunna do here yeah, is, smother the bread in a good bashing of the old butter then im going to chop a little tomato, what u gotta do so ur yuppie mates dont throw it back at u in calanary disgrace yeah, is cut it on an angle, then subdevide the pits so they dont get caught in the old geeza's teeth. then yeah, im going to get some cheese yeah, cut it like a dickhead in a hacksaw joint whos just bought a new hacksaw and cant wait to give it a go yeah, then put it under the gurillia 4 a couples of ticks of the watch, then serve, and bob's ya mothers brother!

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Ragerunner that was an absolute CLASSIC!
what a laugh! I'll go grab some random recipe out of one of the thousands of cookbooks my mum has.
BBQ
Prawn kebabs with chilli lime sauce

Prep time 40 mins (plus marinating time)
Cooking time 25 mins (plus cooling time)

1Kg Medium uncooked prawns
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh lemon grass
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh coriander
1 tablespoon peanut oil
4 green onions

CHILLI LIME SAUCE

2/3 cup (150g) sugar
1/2 cup (125ml) water
1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
2 fresh red thai chillies, seeded, chopped finely
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice

1. Shell and devein prawns, leaving tails intact
2. Combine garlic, lemon grass, vinegar, coriander and oil in large bowl; add prawns. Cover, refrigerate 3 hours or overnight
3. Drain prawns; discard marinade
4. Cut onions into 5cm lengths. Thread onion and prawns onto eight skewers.
5. Cook prawns on heated oiled barbecue, uncovered, until browned both sides and changed in colour
6. Serve prawns with chilli lime sauce.

CHILLI LIME SAUCE
Combine sugar and the water in small saucepan; stir over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Simmer, uncovered, without stirring, 5 minutes. Add rind, chilli and sauce;simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in juice; cool.

SERVES 4

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
french toast...can't go wrong with french toast...
ohwell you can - just don't stray from the norm.

Kittycat

HSC
Texas Chili

2 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
2 pounds beef stew cubes
1 cup chopped onions
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 12 oz can Tomato Paste
2 1/2 cups water
2 pickled Jalapeno Peppers, rinsed, seeded and chopped
1 1/2 Tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon cumin 1 151/2 oz can Pinto Beans, drained

In a large heavy pan, heat oil and brown beef cubes on all sides. Ass onions, bell pepper, and garlic and fry them with beef for about 5 minutes. Add all the remaining ingredients, except beans, and simmer for 11/2 hours or until the meat is tender. Add beans, and simmer 30 minutes longer

cows_go_moo

Throbbing Member
HSC
Now guys the other day i was watchin tv and got the best recepie ever!

LIQUID KEBABS

First u take one lamb kebab (any meat is fine but lamb in this case)
place the kebab in a blender, making sure that the lamb, lettuce etc is evenly mixed around.
put the blender on high for a couple of seconds to mix things up a little then add 1 cup of water.
put blender on high again for approx 10 seconds or so
now add 1/2 can of beer, preferably VB, blend for 1 minute adding more beer to gain desired consistancy.
Now pour into large milkshake glasses and serve.

trust me this is the ideal recepie for those on the move, at the beginning of the week mix up several glasses worth and keep in the fridge. Then when ur late for work and havent had breakie yet or want lunch on the run, simply pop in the microwave for 1 min and bobs ur uncle!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
sunday telegraph's choco treats looked so good

like the chocolate mousse and the truffles.

chepas

HSC
Nachos:

Here's the recipe I learnt in food tech back in year 8 or 7, and I've used it as gospel ever since. As a guy, and as someone who burnt soup in this said food-tech class, I can say that this is nice and easy, & it tastes nice when you find your taste :)

ULTRA-BASIC MICROWAVE YEAR 8 FOOD-TECH NACHOS:

Ingredients -

1pkt of whatever ham, cut into little squares about 1cm3 (whatever that is in maths terms. I forget) (or beans, so the base may be)
1.5 tins of tomato puree
2 diced tomatoes
2teaspns onion flakes
2teaspns basil
0.5teaspns paprika ground/chili ground/spicey whatever

(Italics can be varied/spices changed completely to taste)
1bag of original CCs or Doritos or oter Corn Chips
Mozarella Cheese

Method -

1. Chop all the stuff up so it can be mixed etc
2. Put puree, spices, ham/beans, tomatoes into microwave safe bowl and mix till all mixed through.
3. Microwave for 3mins on high
4. While that's nuking, arange the cornchips onto a large nuke-safe plate, evenly.
5. Take the sauce stuff out, spread evenly over the cornchips, then cover with desired amount of cheese.
6. Cover with cling wrap, but not sealed, then microwave for 2 - 3min on high
7. Et voil. Careful, the plates bloody hot, and I lost marks in the assessment thingy for not having gloves on when I took it out.

Serves: Whoever's hungry

All the stuff can be varied - this is obviously just a blueprint for variation, but I've never varied it!

Last edited:

chepas

HSC
Cows_go_moo - LOL! I saw the short from merrick/rosso thing. Festy! Hilarious av too... "emu anyone?" so sounds like something you'd get on the back of a jersey...

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
i like this thread!!!

--pancakes---!!! (i am the queen of breakfast foods i tell yas!!)

you need:
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- coupla tablespoons of honey (more if u like sweet food, less if u don't)
- a bit of butter
- whipped cream, fresh fruit

really easy! sift flour, add milk and egg yolks, stir. Spoon into frypan that's been greased with a bit of butter - make sure it's low heat cuz otherwise they burn. when you start to see bubbles, turn over and cook on other side. (should only take a minute or two). Makes about 4 regular~large sized pancakes. Load em up with heapsa fruit (buy canned blueberries from the supermarket!!) and whipped cream... yum... =)

edit:... see post below for modifications

Last edited:

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
wait wait! i went to sleep last night and i remembered that i forgot to add something...
when you separate the egg yolks from the whites; you dont chuck the whites away, you whisk em up so they're all stiff then fold them gently in jus b4 frying.. it makes it all softer... ^^ at least i remembered tho =) haha..

chepas

HSC
Ooooh. pancakes.... So this variation is very very nice? Are they fluffy. :p

How do you "fold" them, I don't get how they could become stiff.... having never actually tried.... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)