Reckon I'll get into a BA here? (2 Viewers)

jet

Banned
HSC
Can I ask, who made the decision to accelerate you? At that young, were any tests done to ascertain your level or anything?

G4_SuperTeam

HSC
80.1. And he got pretty much the exact same results as me. Which doesn't make sense to me. Different subjects, yes, but still.
HOw does it not make sense? if he got 60% in 4u maths, chem and physics and u got 60% in general maths, society and culture and general science, of course it would make a freaking differene.

AND YES, UR AN IDIOT. ur lucky to be young enuf to do ur hsc again, AND NOT DO CRAP, but instead, u just wna start uni. besides, at uni, the social scenes gna be a little difficult for you, being ONLY 14 YRS OLD, and surrounded by 18+ students.

go back to school, study and do better in ur freaking hsc. i cant believe ur parents are actually letting u go thru with starting uni...

R

Roxtar

Sounds like you just scraped through High School. Why you leaving? Seems like either you're running away from something, or hoping to attract alot of attention to yourself by being the youngest student on campus. Some kids a genious and can get into UNI at age 14 with a high ATAR but 56 you seem to be in a rush. And if you didn't want your age to be a point of discussion you mite have been better not to mention it.

Aside from all that good luck if you get it. I'm might enter into BA at UWS too so could see you round. Sorry I couldn't answer your question though. Peace.

CecilyMare

HSC
You have an IQ of 185 and you get an atar of 56? How is that even remotely possible, seeing you most likely weren't in a coma for the past 2 years?

G4_SuperTeam

HSC
We were both accelerated in school.

And you know what? Forget I even asked anything. I forgot that this site was full of dickheads.
whats the point in accelerating if ur gna do crap? sorry if thats a tad cruel,but really, DOESNT THAT REALLY LACK LOGIC?

and stop insulting the people who criticise you, they're right.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Accelerated kids are supposed to do well, otherwise they wouldn't be accelerated. You're too immature, as can be evidenced by your first post. I'd recommend you repeat HSC, because your attitude will bring you down in uni if you don't fix it. Plus it's better to do another HSC year, do well and get into a good course that you like.

debts

HSC
N/A
You have an IQ of 185 and you get an atar of 56? How is that even remotely possible, seeing you most likely weren't in a coma for the past 2 years?
you can be intelligent and be lazy/unmotivated at the same time. just because you are smarter than 90% or more of the state, it doesn't guarantee you a high ATAR.

CecilyMare

HSC
whats the point in accelerating if ur gna do crap? sorry if thats a tad cruel,but really, DOESNT THAT REALLY LACK LOGIC?

What do you mean by them being right? They haven't been giving facts that would be politically wrong or right, but simply mere perspectives and 'advice'.

Maybe he didn't expect to do crap. To be honest, this IS quite hard to believe. You are smart for a 14 year old (if you actually are one) but you majorly slack off whilst having high hopes for uni @14/15?

Also I'm going to refrain from predicting whether UWS will reject you or not, but good luck. You can always take the HSC again and get a higher ATAR if you don't get in, right?

G4_SuperTeam

HSC
What do you mean by them being right? They haven't been giving facts that would be politically wrong or right, but simply mere perspectives and 'advice'.

Maybe he didn't expect to do crap. To be honest, this IS quite hard to believe. You are smart for a 14 year old (if you actually are one) but you majorly slack off whilst having high hopes for uni @14/15?

Also I'm going to refrain from predicting whether UWS will reject you or not, but good luck. You can always take the HSC again and get a higher ATAR if you don't get in, right?
i believe they're right in saying that he should repeat highschool and do his hsc again. even if he didnt expect to do crap, if he's smart (which he mustve been to get accelerated) he would NOT have gotten an atar in the 50s. this shows that he either did NOTHING to do well and didnt study AT ALL, or he just wasnt meant to be accelerated.

whats ur rush to go to uni? i can just imagine all the attention ull get...

"Look, there's the kid who got accelerated and got an atar in the 50s. he could've repeated but he decided to go to uni regardless. wow, isnt he the greatest."

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

"Look, there's the kid who got accelerated and got an atar in the 50s. he could've repeated but he decided to go to uni regardless. wow, isnt he the greatest."
I seriously doubt anyone would pay him much attention like that tbh.

G4_SuperTeam

HSC
really? i think he would. seeing as he'd have half the height (just guessing here) + maturity of everyone else there.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
People just don't discuss that kind of shit at uni in my experience, peoples high school and HSC experiences are not seen as very important.

Nuclear

HSC
Can I ask, who made the decision to accelerate you? At that young, were any tests done to ascertain your level or anything?
Yes. My IQ back then was tested and was 190. My most recent one, 2 years ago was 185. The school did it when my grades started decreasing to make sure the 190 wasn't a fluke.

I don't want to be a bitch, but I think its probably not the best decision going to UWS. Perhaps pick more enjoyable/better subjects for your hsc and do the 2 years and repeat. Look, I know first hand how it is to burn out or lose interest. Heck I picked shit subjects that I couldn't bring myself to put any effort in. I didn't understand the gravity of my subject choices when i was in year 10! Between year 10-11/12 I completely did a 360 on my plans.

Why not put the effort in and repeat - you've got 5 years to do pathways! (*Assuming the HSC has the same rules.) Its also excellent to get you into gear for university. You will inevitably pick subjects that you think are good/benifical that turn out to be hell or fuck dull. I just don't see why going to UWS is a compromise for you. You hopefully were ahead education wise, why not strive for a better course? I'm not blantantly saying UWS is shit, but it seems someone like you might want to attend a more "prestigous" uni or a more flexible uni hours/course wise or one with more options.

It just doesnt make sense to me why you would settle with your 60 uai and attend UWS assuming you get in. Even if you think you will get in, i suggest taking precautions incase you don't make it in. Everyone gets a bloody BA (gross generalisation) but seriously so many people do ba's. Why waste time doing a ba then transfering? What if your marks arent adequate for a transfer?

Please excuse the spelling, ive come home after a long day.
Well, if I don't make it to uni, I will do year 12 again. There's no harm in seeing how things go.

HOw does it not make sense? if he got 60% in 4u maths, chem and physics and u got 60% in general maths, society and culture and general science, of course it would make a freaking differene.

AND YES, UR AN IDIOT. ur lucky to be young enuf to do ur hsc again, AND NOT DO CRAP, but instead, u just wna start uni. besides, at uni, the social scenes gna be a little difficult for you, being ONLY 14 YRS OLD, and surrounded by 18+ students.

go back to school, study and do better in ur freaking hsc. i cant believe ur parents are actually letting u go thru with starting uni...
He did 3u english, and then just really standard subjects after that.

Sounds like you just scraped through High School. Why you leaving? Seems like either you're running away from something, or hoping to attract alot of attention to yourself by being the youngest student on campus. Some kids a genious and can get into UNI at age 14 with a high ATAR but 56 you seem to be in a rush. And if you didn't want your age to be a point of discussion you mite have been better not to mention it.

Aside from all that good luck if you get it. I'm might enter into BA at UWS too so could see you round. Sorry I couldn't answer your question though. Peace.
I don't want attention. Nor will I really get it. And I learned NOW that mentioning my age was a bad idea.

Since when does having a high IQ automatically guarantee you a high ATAR or even good school results? They thought Einstein was retarded. And he also flunked school and dropped out of year 10.

I only started not caring at around year 11. And they weren't right. Every post on the first 5 pages of this thread was completely off-topic. Read the original post, and read their responses.

Accelerated kids are supposed to do well, otherwise they wouldn't be accelerated. You're too immature, as can be evidenced by your first post. I'd recommend you repeat HSC, because your attitude will bring you down in uni if you don't fix it. Plus it's better to do another HSC year, do well and get into a good course that you like.
How is it evident in my first post that I'm immature? I mess around, yes, but I'm a kid, and I'm meant to have fun. I am extremely mature when I need to be, so please don't make sweeping generalizations.

i believe they're right in saying that he should repeat highschool and do his hsc again. even if he didnt expect to do crap, if he's smart (which he mustve been to get accelerated) he would NOT have gotten an atar in the 50s. this shows that he either did NOTHING to do well and didnt study AT ALL, or he just wasnt meant to be accelerated.

Cool story bro. That's not what I asked about.

really? i think he would. seeing as he'd have half the height (just guessing here) + maturity of everyone else there.
Nice judging there. So apparently I'm immature because I can take 10 pages of people giving shit to me and only really make one snap at them?

----------------

In short, thank you for hi-jacking my thread, cutting that tiny little strand of self confidence I was holding on to, and after that, not even answering my original question.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
In short, thank you for hi-jacking my thread, cutting that tiny little strand of self confidence I was holding on to, and after that, not even answering my original question.
Dude, what we are saying is not that you are dumb but that this might not be the very best time to do what you are intending. Don't take it so personally, while some people are douches a lot of people in this thread have given advice in the hope that it will improve your academic success and prevent you from doing something potentially quite risky.

Nuclear

HSC
Dude, what we are saying is not that you are dumb but that this might not be the very best time to do what you are intending. Don't take it so personally, while some people are douches a lot of people in this thread have given advice in the hope that it will improve your academic success and prevent you from doing something potentially quite risky.
Oh I know. The last bit was directed at the assholes in this thread. People like you have been the only nice people in this thread. I think at least 6 people have called me stupid/dumb/an idiot. Your ATAR does not necessarily reflect your intelligence, but more the effort put in.

Oh well, lets just let this thread die.

jet

Banned
HSC
Since when does having a high IQ automatically guarantee you a high ATAR or even good school results? They thought Einstein was retarded. And he also flunked school and dropped out of year 10.
Exactly. That's why I don't see the point in accelerating people so rapidly, like you did. But, now you have to make the choice. I would probably go back to school myself, and I doubt you would get that BA.

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Oh I know. The last bit was directed at the assholes in this thread. People like you have been the only nice people in this thread. I think at least 6 people have called me stupid/dumb/an idiot. Your ATAR does not necessarily reflect your intelligence, but more the effort put in.

Oh well, lets just let this thread die.
Unfortunately i think that sometimes people feel the only way to get through to someone is to present their opinion rather harshly, which i have a feeling may have happened here.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
It is naive to think there is no relationship between IQ and success in the HSC.
Who is more likely to achieve an ATAR of 99; a person with an IQ of 80, or a person with an IQ of 150?
Stop being fools.

G4_SuperTeam

HSC
so, basically, ur saying that u once had an IQ that was the same as Sir Isaac Newton and higher than Martin Luther King, Leonardo da Vinci and Einstein??

Really?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)