recommendations for foundation (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
so my current bottle is almost all run out, and i'm considering switching brands. have any of you guys got a brand of foundation you absolutely swear by? i dont want anything REALLY heavy, and ive got quite fair skin so a diverse colour range is good... any tips? ive heard napoleon is quite nice

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
Im currently using Max Factor Facefinity Permawear foundation. I think its really good.

get_born

ive never put anything on my face, i just drink alot of water, other than having to go to the jonny my skin is pretty ok...no pimples..skin isnt dry... and neither is it oily.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Chanel Vitalumiere is the BEST! i use it and i LOVE it, it's a bit dear ($82 i think) but IMO worth the money, perhaps you should check it out to see if you like it, i used to use napoleon but i made the switch because i felt napoleon didn't give me the coverage i needed, it was too light for me i'd put it on but it was too transparent for my liking (you might like it though since your after something light) just have a look around try some testers with both brands, you'll see what you'll like but vitalumiere's my choice for me

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
kaylz said:
get out of our thread.
hahahaha, thank you.

i'll have to check out mac, i might go to their myer counter tomorrow and see if someone can explain the whole deal to me. foundation is very important to me, so i dont mind spending a little bit extra.

sofay ive been using max factor for years, and although i do love it, i feel it may be time to move on.

kaylz

HSC
the cuonter at myer in the city is really good... they were really nice and spent ages giving me a makeover.. i spent $450 lol...

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
spin spin sugar said:
hsc 4 life, how long would the 82 dollar bottle last you of the chanel stuff? if i got a few months out of it, i wouldnt mind paying that much.
i've only had it since about late feb/early march but there is heaps left! it will probably last me for the rest of the year cause the bottle still looks practically full

picaresque

HSC
I second Chanel Vitalumiere - great (light-medium) coverage, fantastic texture and colour for fair skin. It'll last you the best part of a year which completely justifies the price. Another good one, if you can get your hands on it, is Shu Uemura Water Perfect. It doesn't feel like wearing foundaion at all, is beautiful beautiful if you don't need a lot of coverage and perfect for the warmer months. Unfortunately, I think it's only available in Asia at the moment. :(

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
I don't wear foundation because I really only get 1 or 2 pimples at anytime (don't hate me, when I get them they're usually huge and bright red) but when I'm going to some formal occassion I sometimes wear it because I'm quite fair and I looked all washed out...and it's usually L'oreal Ideal Balance...it seems to be fairly good, and has colours that matches my skin tone which is hard to do without me going orange.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I know you said you want to move on from Max Factor, but I just need to say I lurve their colour adapt foundation...actually, I must buy some more...soon

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
I have heaps of samples of Estee Lauders Ideal Matte at the moment which have lasted me about 6 months. Its great, has a really good coverage and feels really good on the skin. I have quite a few pimples at any one time (particularly in the last couple of months) and because its non-comodegenic, it doesn't clog the pores. Unfortunatley its also quite expensive at ~ $70 a tube. It does last for AAAAGES though.

Tip: Go and get samples from people. This means that you can try them out before you actually buy.

I actually have to buy something soon though and i was wondering if anyone knew much about Maybellines dream matte foundation?

I'm just looking for something that doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask with an even finish.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
ujuphleg said:
I actually have to buy something soon though and i was wondering if anyone knew much about Maybellines dream matte foundation?
I'm just looking for something that doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask with an even finish.
my friend was suggesting that dream matte foundation to me the other week. she said because it's a mousse, it's much lighter and still gives good coverage. She also didn't look like she was wearing foundation at all, so that's always a plus.
I have estee lauder double wear foundation, but i mix it with moisturiser because I don't really need a lot of coverage. It lasts me ages because I don't normally use foundation because I don't need it anymore, so the $70 price tag doesn't bother me. I discovered it when I had polycystic acne and it did a great job and doesnt make skin worse (this is what the dermatologist told me).

Last edited:

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
all i use is cheap covergirl foundation and it does the job for me.

miaomiao

HSC
N/A
I also use L'oreal ideal balance foundation and powder. It's good, just don't make the mistake of buying a too dark shade :eek: I also have maybelline dream matte mousse which feels really nice and silky... not good for dry skin tho.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
if you have relatively good skin buy "Revlin Skinlights Skin Illuminator"

its the freaking best and it last for ages!
I think its too shimmery. Its so bad in any kind of bright lighting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)