Recommended hours for work? Recommended Study methods? Balancing school,work & life? (1 Viewer)

-tony-

HSC
Razizi said:
Lol Bored Of Sc :D. Daina, I recommend you do your best in Preliminary and the HSC now. Focus on your study habits in the preliminary year, then work hard on those study habits with diligence during the HSC year. Attain a high UAI, then when you get into your university course, get a part-time job if you wish. If you're not having any financial difficulties, and just working for 'wants', I'd just quit if I were in your shoes.

My 2 cents.
i can understand wat ur saying but my job is something that gets me off thinking about school.dunno if thats good or not but at home im always thinking about wat i hav to do next and i keep pushing everything bak and procrastinating.at least when im at work i noe that i hav this much time after school to get everything done.
i hav a basic study schedule set up coz i wanted to start it after the end of last term but hav really struggled sticking to it (not from work, all my own fault)

WannaBang?

HSC
.:AmBeR.SmItH:. said:
well im doin the hsc this yr... and i work i would suggest to work in ur hsc yr if u can cope as it des mean more money and that means ur not relyin on ur rents all the time.
i work aprox 2- 3 days a week and i still mange to fit in at least 2 hours study a day
and my marks are all in the 80s
so ppl it is possible and u need a life besides studying and work gives u an expreince and the money to give u a life otta school and study
+1

michael1990

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
btw, i make 26.35$ an hour. if your only making 7.50$, while its good practical experience and looks good in a resume, the time it consumes probably isnt worth undertaking through the hsc. ask you parents for 40$ a week of your youth allowance you are applicable for it and they have it.
What do you do?

Aren't you like 17/18?

michael1990

HSC
I would recommend less than 10 hours per week.

You need to do different subjects each day. Try not to focus on one subject more than another.

You don't have to have a timetable. Just think about what works for you. If you like routine you would love a timetable. Others ways are just as effective.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
-tony- said:
i can understand wat ur saying but my job is something that gets me off thinking about school.dunno if thats good or not but at home im always thinking about wat i hav to do next and i keep pushing everything bak and procrastinating.at least when im at work i noe that i hav this much time after school to get everything done.
i hav a basic study schedule set up coz i wanted to start it after the end of last term but hav really struggled sticking to it (not from work, all my own fault)
I also understand what you're saying. Everyone procrastinates, which is a terrible habit, certainly for me at times. My tennis and shuffling is something that gets me off thinking about school. It's good to have a hobby. If you have a study schedule, and you're determined to stick to that schedule whilst handling commitments such as working, then keep it up. But like I said, make these 2 years count. It's not worth attaining a UAI <30 whilst you've attended school for 12 years. Make these 2 years count and put your best effort into it. I wish I could listen to my own advice. It's easier said than done :D.

bettina44

HSC
Re: Recommended hours for work? Recommended Study methods? Balancing school,work & li

daina said:
Okay im probably thinking of quiting, although i have no idea what to say and when I should say it.

Do i ring them up or talk to them face to face after my pay day? or should I just do nothing?
i would go up to them and tell your boss face to face,say that you have school commitments and you need to concentrate on school

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
michael1990 said:
What do you do?

Aren't you like 17/18?
Commercial cleaner.
im 18 now, so i get adult wages.
thats my flat rate. over time rocks.

michael1990

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Commercial cleaner.
im 18 now, so i get adult wages.
thats my flat rate. over time rocks.
Oh okay.

but how do you find time for that as well as school?
Because don't commercial cleaners clean at like night time?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
michael1990 said:
Oh okay.

but how do you find time for that as well as school?
Because don't commercial cleaners clean at like night time?
i work 4-7pm monday and some thursday afternoons depending on my uncles health (which is as predictable as natural disasters in aisa)
and from 3-7am saturday mornings.

=]

michael1990

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
i work 4-7pm monday and some thursday afternoons depending on my uncles health (which is as predictable as natural disasters in aisa)
and from 3-7am saturday mornings.

=]
OOO!

Those times sucK!

katemeller

HSC
Re: Recommended hours for work? Recommended Study methods? Balancing school,work & li

i try about 6 hours a day. Some of my friends do it all at night but i cant handle that so i do 2 hrs at 4am, 2 hours during the day (one study and lunch) and 2 in the afternoon

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

katemeller said:
i try about 6 hours a day. Some of my friends do it all at night but i cant handle that so i do 2 hrs at 4am, 2 hours during the day (one study and lunch) and 2 in the afternoon
6 hours is quite excessive. I do 4 hours in the morning & that's basically all I do.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

katemeller said:
And how often do you get the 6 hours in?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
michael1990 said:
OOO!

Those times sucK!
nahhh
just means i dont do as much study mondays
which is good. =D because i dont like mondays
tell me why?

yes. geldof joke.

michael1990

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
nahhh
just means i dont do as much study mondays
which is good. =D because i dont like mondays
tell me why?

yes. geldof joke.
Everyone knows Mondays suck balls!

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
mondays suck balls after my kick ass weekends involving jd and 42 below. so, work is a great excuse to do very little when i get home but sleep.

michael1990

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
mondays suck balls after my kick ass weekends involving jd and 42 below. so, work is a great excuse to do very little when i get home but sleep.
LOL

Hi5 baby!

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
hahaha, im pretty naughty like that.
consider;
1 bottle of jack daniels = 22 standard drinks.
i finished one early last sunday morning.
you still feel it monday. trust me.

ahhh, turning 18 was the worst thing that ever happened to my poor body
=D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)