Recommended Texbooks/Study Guides for Preliminary HSC? (1 Viewer)

Guage

HSC
Where can I get Fitzpatrick book?

Hey hey,

I use Cambridge, but a lot of ppl mention the Fitzpatrick math textbook on the forums. Where can I get it, and for how much? Also, any other recommended books/sources for math study?

Thanks

HSC
Re: Where can I get Fitzpatrick book?

err i got mine at dymocks at parra westfield 2U and 3U each for round 70 bucks each...can also try cambridge : D

HSC

why do you use cambridge? i personally think it has to many irrelevant (hard) questions.. which have hardly been used in the HSC..

suzlee

HSC

70 bucks each? :spzz:
I got mine for $49.95 hahaha

I quite like cambridge... I just wish it came with fully worked solutions.

duckcowhybrid

HSC

Fitzpatrick is ~$50 at Dymocks on George St, try there, they have everything =)

aconfos

HSC

Hey hey,

I use Cambridge, but a lot of ppl mention the Fitzpatrick math textbook on the forums. Where can I get it, and for how much? Also, any other recommended books/sources for math study?

Thanks
you can buy a second hand Fitzpatrick book from T's bookstore in Randwick.
Address: 136-138 Avoca St Randwick. =)

oly1991

HSC

70 bucks each? :spzz:
I got mine for $49.95 hahaha

I quite like cambridge... I just wish it came with fully worked solutions.
the cambridge study guides have full worked solutions

Guage

HSC

aconfos, I'll try the place at Randwick first...how much d'you reckon they cost there?

If not, I'll go to George St Dymocks. While I'm there what other textbooks can you guys recommend? (note my subjects in sig)

What editions are there to buy? Is there 1 edition for Yr11, 1 for Yr12, or maybe a combined one?

PS: Cambridge 'Study' Guide? Where'd you get that? Is it meant to supplement Cambridge?

haha I'm full of questions...

duckcowhybrid

HSC

Fitzpatrick is combined Year 11+12, but it's 1 book per level (2U/3U/4U). I might recommend Conquering Chemistry, for Chem, but that's about it.

oly1991

HSC

aconfos, I'll try the place at Randwick first...how much d'you reckon they cost there?

If not, I'll go to George St Dymocks. While I'm there what other textbooks can you guys recommend? (note my subjects in sig)

What editions are there to buy? Is there 1 edition for Yr11, 1 for Yr12, or maybe a combined one?

PS: Cambridge 'Study' Guide? Where'd you get that? Is it meant to supplement Cambridge?

haha I'm full of questions...
you can get the "cambridge study quides" at Dymocks aswell and also at your local library

they provide you with examples with detailed solutions aswell as exercises from 2/3U which also comes with solutions

i'd suggest you get a hold of one.

lychnobity

HSC

try terry lee

hsccoaching.com

Guage

HSC

I'm probably doing 4U Math next yr, so does that mean I'll have to get 3 books for $50 each? As in there's a 2U book, then an Ext1 book, then Ext2 book???

My Chem teacher gave me Conquering Chemistry only cos I switched subjects in week 9 last term but I fear she's gonna take it back...crappy budget school.

Can anyone else vouch for Terry Lee? My folks probs won't let me buy off Net anyway...

Also is there an Excel Preliminary Math book and if so is it any good?

K

khorne

the Excel books are study guides..not textbooks, they are more intended for revision of concepts, etc.

Overall, I would go with the Fitzy book, as it is a good one, but having had a bit off a look in 3/4 U books for next year, Cambridge seems to cover graphs and conics better.

Really up to you.

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A

I'm probably doing 4U Math next yr, so does that mean I'll have to get 3 books for $50 each? As in there's a 2U book, then an Ext1 book, then Ext2 book???

My Chem teacher gave me Conquering Chemistry only cos I switched subjects in week 9 last term but I fear she's gonna take it back...crappy budget school.

Can anyone else vouch for Terry Lee? My folks probs won't let me buy off Net anyway...

Also is there an Excel Preliminary Math book and if so is it any good?
I wouldn't recommend getting it.

For chem, conquering chem is excellent. I find the dotpoint chemistry book very good also. Umm, you can try your luck at some second hand bookshops there's one in Gordon and another in Hornsby if you live around that area.. (Forgot adresses/names atm)

h3ll h0und

HSC

those Surfing books are pretty good for chem and sciences, but conquerign chemistry is really good for chem, but they dont hav ny of the pracs :(

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad

I find Jacaranda's Chemistry 1 to be superior to conquering chem... but thats just me xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)