Redfern Racial Rioting (1 Viewer)

Egg_666

Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
think about my situation again, but now with a kid thats your own race and another of different a race. they are equally in need... and you are only allowed to save one.... which one would you choose? this is a harder decision... and with no societal pressure of being called a racist, i say most people would choose the own race. this is a good feature to have because it maximises the chances of survival of the self... you would know this if you studied biology.

your argument of we don't need to cooperate with cows to live peacefully is essentially flawed... because what is peacefully... yes it is peaceful for us but not for the cows... we can apply your logics to abos as well... why don't we just kill of them so they would never riot again? its peaceful for the majority right? i mean there is only a few abos... why should they annoy us?
i thought this one was put to bed last night...

ok, your trying to justify racism on the fact that it is natural for us to pick our own "race" (at the same time i would like to remind you that we are all humans, and that there IS NO RACE, just people who have developed differently due to their location). There are many THINGS that are natural to us?... eating with our hands, burping, farting, and killing a race so they dont bother us anymore, and a hundred other things that we dont do everyday, particularly in front of other people.... WHY? because we dont want to offend other people... we want to put our best foot forward and show how thoughtful we are of others feelings and opinions... and i for one am thankful that we do that...

secondly... there is a HUGE difference between those differences in an asian and an australian or an aboriginal and an american than those between you or i and a calf... the idea of relying on other species to survive has become acceptable, because nature's whole system works on organisms relying on other organisms...

BUT WHERE DOES THAT COME INTO DISCRIMINATING AGAINST ANOTHER RACE???

we dont need to hate someone who is different to survive... we dont need to segregate them to survive... that is why racism is so stupid... its discriminating against someone who is only minorly different to you... a process which does not need to happen... but unfortunately does..

as for me... i couldnt imagine being put in a situation of choosing between the life of 2 people... it would be impossibly hard... and its a stupid concept anyway... in what way does SAVING the life of anyone over another person provide an argument for racism? like i said, just because something is natural doesnt mean its proper to exercise that... and who knows who you would choose... i would reckon i would choose the nicest looking person... but that doesnt mean shit...

Originally posted by OZGIRL86
well most peoplestart from the bottom and move their way up,so whats their excuse? most of them are just too f***** lazy to get off their arses and get a job, they have made their bed so they can sleep in it, the government provides alot of benefits for those people..eg finiancialassistance so they are lucky they ard getting some help
haha MOST PEOPLE... because you know MOST PEOPLE... genius ozgirl.... THERE ARE VERY VERY VERY few people that have started from as low down as a baby born into an aboriginal family in Redfern is at... SO VERY FEW...

the fact that a very small amount of people have risen out of that (which is doubtful to say the least) is sheer numbers... aboriginals make up 1-2% of the population... the chance that someone as remarkable as is needed to rise out of that slum... is very small... but with more Australians it becomes a larger number by sheer multiplication

"they have made their bed"

WHEN WAS THIS?? YOU F***** IDIOT? they didnt make any F***** bed??? it was made for them and they were forced into it.... so dont give me that shit...

"most of the are too F****** lazy"

yeh... like u know...

"they are lucky they are getting some help"

they were removed from their homes and never returned to almost all of their land... they are not LUCKY they are getting payment... they are unlucky it ever happened to them, and they are getting tuppence in return

Originally posted by ND
I guess you're the racist then. You're the one that's sayng, because of the kid's race, he should be treated differently. You're making up excuses for his crime. Is that not being "far more sensitive to one group of people"?

Anyway i'm glad he's dead, that's one less jail cell i'll have to pay for. (call me harsh but i don't care, this type of scum doesn't deserve to live in a society)
OK THIS HAS TO END...

THERE ARE REASONS THINGS HAPPEN... THERE ARE REASONS THINGS EXIST...
THERE ARE REASONS FOR EVERYTHING...

CALL THEM EXCUSES IF YOU LIKE, but for me its another word for REASONS....

i am not being racist against my self (but funny idea tho... stupid but funny)

i am treating another person differently because of what his RACE has implied for him... BECAUSE his race is the reason for his terrible situation... i am indirectly supporting one race above another... but that is not the same as me saying that his race is superior to ours... and then going onto say that he deserves sympathy because of that... there is a difference... if you want i can explain...

"one less gaol (your not even speaking english, your a fuckin american, you know what that means... DISCRIMINATION) cell I have to pay for"

how old are you? how much tax do you pay? now divide the cost of a month in gaol by 10 million tax payers, almost all of which would pay more than you... now tell me if you cant pay that to keep a criminal off the street or give a disadvantaged person better accomodation and food for a month? dont complain about cost...

"Anyway, I'm glad he's dead"

dont worry, we will be glad when your dead too...

i'll teach you what white collar crime does later... now i'm hungry...

Egg_666

Originally posted by poloktim
Also, as for John Brogden suggesting that bulldozers get in there, I think that was more of a suggestion to knock the block down, so it can be rebuilt (as it's in shambles at the moment, it needs maintennance).
of course he was... but where are those people supposed to live for the months of construction??

and also, remember that the ones encouraging the riots are only a tiny bit more to blame than the kids who did it... because their position has forced them to be that way... a position placed by the government...

whilst i think the riots were bad... they didnt have any choice...

Egg_666

oh and abdoo... learning biology ALSO suggests that ugly people are getting trimmed out of the human race, because they are least likely to reproduce...

but pure observation proves that wrong...

so dont jsut accept things blindly... Darwinian law has complexity

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by OZGIRL86

well most peoplestart from the bottom and move their way up,so whats their excuse? most of them are just too f***** lazy to get off their arses and get a job, they have made their bed so they can sleep in it, the government provides alot of benefits for those people..eg finiancialassistance so they are lucky they ard getting some help

hellooooo spoilt upper middle class.

out of interest, how many people here grew up in an area largely populated by aboriginals? i did, but where i live now, there's hardly any... and it's very hard to remember what terrible conditions a lot of them live in, and what discrimination they face, when you're not faced with it everyday. i forget sometimes.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Remember, this is not a flame war.....if it turns out to be one, this whole thread is going be be sent to the next dimension.

ND

HSC
Originally posted by Egg_666
OK THIS HAS TO END...

THERE ARE REASONS THINGS HAPPEN... THERE ARE REASONS THINGS EXIST...
THERE ARE REASONS FOR EVERYTHING...

CALL THEM EXCUSES IF YOU LIKE, but for me its another word for REASONS....

i am not being racist against my self (but funny idea tho... stupid but funny)

i am treating another person differently because of what his RACE has implied for him... BECAUSE his race is the reason for his terrible situation... i am indirectly supporting one race above another... but that is not the same as me saying that his race is superior to ours... and then going onto say that he deserves sympathy because of that... there is a difference... if you want i can explain...
Firstly, i was only calling you a racist by your definition, which was an incorrect definition.

Secondly, to say that aboriginals are disadvantaged simply because of their race is completely rediculous. I had two aboriginals in my year at school, they had exactly the same oportunities as i did. Noone stopped them from getting a UAI of above 99 and getting into any course they wanted... Anyway both of these guys will probably do something decent with their lives, and they're aboriginal! *gasp* :rolleyes:

your not even speaking english
Hahahaah, the irony ...

and who really cares if i spell it jail? you're obviously looking for anything to pick at.

how old are you? how much tax do you pay? now divide the cost of a month in gaol by 10 million tax payers, almost all of which would pay more than you... now tell me if you cant pay that to keep a criminal off the street or give a disadvantaged person better accomodation and food for a month? dont complain about cost...
Again, you and i both know that i wasn't being literal, stop nit picking. I was obvisouly referring to the way that our tax dollars (and yes, when i'm an actuary i'll be paying a shitload of tax) are wasted on keeping scum like this in jail when they could be better spent on health of education.
"Anyway, I'm glad he's dead"

dont worry, we will be glad when your dead too...
Resorting to personal attacks, really intelligent ... :rolleyes:

^___^
HSC
. they didnt have any choice...
u r saying that apart from causing riots with burning cars and wrecking buildings and trying to hurt police..that theres no other way to express their feeling or opinions?

ND

HSC
Originally posted by Ragerunner
Remember, this is not a flame war.....if it turns out to be one, this whole thread is going be be sent to the next dimension.
Tell that to mr egg over there. I find it funny when people get all emotional ...

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by glycerine
hellooooo spoilt upper middle class.

out of interest, how many people here grew up in an area largely populated by aboriginals? i did, but where i live now, there's hardly any... and it's very hard to remember what terrible conditions a lot of them live in, and what discrimination they face, when you're not faced with it everyday. i forget sometimes.

hmm..i agree that the aboriginals suffered a lot due to many reasons..but the fact that if u work hard, that rewards will come by...i mean, even asians have to face hard times in australia when theyr first came over

i mean, theres a few successful aboriginal stoies that can motiviate them like Freeman and such

but ising violence with the behaviour in that riot is probably the lowest form of expression

ND

HSC
Originally posted by ...
u r saying that apart from causing riots with burning cars and wrecking buildings and trying to hurt police..that theres no other way to express their feeling or opinions?
Obvisouly, haven't you been paying attention? :p

ND

HSC
Originally posted by ...
hmm..i agree that the aboriginals suffered a lot due to many reasons..but the fact that if u work hard, that rewards will come by...i mean, even asians have to face hard times in australia when theyr first came over

And now they beat us (i say us as in non-asian) in everything ... :( :D

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
whilst i think the riots were bad... they didnt have any choice...
That's a load of bollocks. Of course there was a choice. Like the choice of not rioting. Not destroying Redfern station, not injuring those police officers, not endangering their own children by having them throw fire. If they wanted a riot, the most sensible thing to do would be to keep their children out of it.

Now, with a country condemning the actions of those kids, and their own parents, neighbours encouraging their actions, those children are going to wind up confused and frightened. For lack of a better word, everyone who encouraged the children to riot, abused them. They exploited them. They had the choice to do it themselves, or hide behind their own children. No matter what the reason, the cause, the problems, nothing justifies sending your own children, as young as ten, into that sort of situation. That's nothing more than cowardly abuse.

ND

HSC
Originally posted by poloktim
nothing justifies sending your own children, as young as ten, into that sort of situation.
What about that kid who stole the baton from the police car? I mean, his family is so poor that they can't afford to buy their own baton... what else are they gonna assault people with?

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
ban alcoholic consuption in redfern - simple

id hate growing up in a booze filled home with my parents smashed every night.

ND

HSC
Originally posted by routemarker

Come on, do you really think that that would do anything?

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by routemarker

there needs more work than just banning alcho

right now the government needs to build a decent relationship with the community

i mean...its hard, but wat else can u do?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Personally, i am sick of people that seem to believe it is never their fault. The kid saw the police, and rode away from the police after seeing them. His mother says it was fear of the police, and she was right, it was fear, and a fear of being caught, and he would not have had that fear had he not a guilty conscience.

So he rode away, he chose to try an evade the police (whether they chased him or not is irrelevant. And if they didn't it is even more proof that he had a guilty conscience) and therefore is responsible for his own actions. Now this ended tragically, and it most certainly was tragically, with his death. But that death was an accident, and if it was not an accident (because these days there seems to be no such thing) it was HIS actions in CHOOSING to ride away from the police that caused it.

It seems to happen a lot these days that people claim "ahh the pigs always harass us" from teenagers but never seem to notice the fact that their actions usually warrant that harassment, they see the police as the enemy, without noticing that it is their own actions which bring on the police.

I think it is fucking time for people to start taking responsibility for their own actions. You break the law, you suffer the consequences. You run from the police, you suffer the consequences. And for the aboriginal people in particular, the events of 200 odd years ago does not negate responsibility on your right for your actions and your destiny.

Why are they always a 'separate' category? They get paid more, they get treated differently, they get mentioned separately and so on. The Aboriginal community is no more special than any other of the dozens of other sizeable ethnic communities in Australia. Yes, they are DECENDENTS of those that had their land taken by the British, but so are millions of other people. It HAPPENED. There is no avoiding it but then again there is no changing it. Aboriginal people today are no more deserving of special treatment than someone who moves here and has an African heritige, or a Maori heritige, or a South African heritige for god's sake. All these people are distant decendents of those who were colonised......almost EVERYONE is the decendent of someone who had their land taken. If we are going to start treating aborigines different for what happened 200 years ago, then why not me? It may have been further back, but where do you draw the line?

The bottom line is this. Yes the white man usurpt the land of aborigines, yes it was a land grab and yes it was colonisation. But the simple fact is this. The White man's system is the dominant one, so you must accept this and get on with your life within this system. Drinking, rioting and continuing the poverty cycle will not achieve anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)