Redoing past papers? (1 Viewer)

Poops

HSC
Let's say you get <70%. Is it better to read the solution, understand it and soljah on or redo the test until you ace it?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Better to read the solution, understand what went wrong, then try another paper.

Best not to re-do past papers immediately without having a 2-3 past paper gap in between. Reason because re-doing the test until you 'ace' it is just drilling in specific questions into your head, whereas moving on to a new past paper gives you the opportunity to apply what you gained from that original past paper.

deswa1

HSC
I agree with Carrot- don't redo papers because there are so many new ones you could do. What I do though if I actually have no idea how to do a question (not if I get it get it wrong because of a silly or something) is I'll look at the solution and then immediately after cover it up and do the whole question from scratch so I can get that line of thinking into my head.

Also, who is this clown who posted above me? He stole my avatar :p

karnbmx

HSC
I agree with Carrot- don't redo papers because there are so many new ones you could do. What I do though if I actually have no idea how to do a question (not if I get it get it wrong because of a silly or something) is I'll look at the solution and then immediately after cover it up and do the whole question from scratch so I can get that line of thinking into my head.

Also, who is this clown who posted above me? He stole my avatar :p
More like you stole the clown's avatar. :p

Anyways, they are both right. There is really no point (unless you do the paper at least 1-2 months later, when you have probably forgotten more than half the questions that were in it).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)