Regret: Should have tried harder (1 Viewer)

kelboo

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
My regret is moving back home for year 12 so my parents can argue about my life and my choices all the way through, even during the exams.

Oh you read my thoughts word for word like a book.

Parents are incredibly uncoordinated with timing of arguments - most of mine took place around the time I was meant to be leaving for an exam.

mack

Banned
HSC
You can't really blame the school for not getting the UAI you want. If you work hard school won't mean a thing.

korry

HSC
N/A
i regret not working hard throughout the year, coz I know I could've gotten so much better. But, what's done is done, just gotta move on I guess

S

Shuter

mack said:
You can't really blame the school for not getting the UAI you want. If you work hard school won't mean a thing.
Not completely, when I can come out of both Economics and Biology exams feeling like there was only maybe 3-4 marks at most I didn't know, and then only get 89 and 88 as exam results respectively... I can't help but think the school didn't tell me how to answer the questions quite right.

That said, I put little effort into study so I suppose I should be happy with those marks reguardless.

dark_angel

God Is One
HSC
i have three words to say, the first two are my motto, the second is what i have to say about my UAI.

here they are: SHIT HAPPENS

........ MEH :mad:

SweetSeasons

HSC
My only regret is thinking about a boy who wasn't worth it when I could of been doing study which could have pushed my math and english marks to band 5's.

I stopped working after the half yearlies, I paid attention in class and did assignments n stuff. But yeah I just stopped caring after the healf yearlies.
I did about 20 hours of study all up for my HSC exams and most of that was for English and Industrial technology.

I supose I regret only putting in say 70% effort insted of 100% because then I could of got high 80's low 90's for my UAI.

But hell, I only need around 70 for the course I want to do and I got 78.5 so I'm happy.

SweetSeasons

HSC
Shuter said:
Not completely, when I can come out of both Economics and Biology exams feeling like there was only maybe 3-4 marks at most I didn't know, and then only get 89 and 88 as exam results respectively... I can't help but think the school didn't tell me how to answer the questions quite right.

That said, I put little effort into study so I suppose I should be happy with those marks reguardless.
In the words of well me "You're bringing my UAI down!!"

Crowie was a great teacher in Bio, but yeah how the hell did me n foxy get low 80's and Elton didn't get a band 6 in it either. We where the top four in our class, I don't know what happen. My assesment mark was 86 and my exam mark was 80, so thank god for my assesment mark other wise I would of been screwed.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
natstar said:
I agree that you should not regreat, but forget the past, but learn from it. I did 2 major works in year 12- art and t/d. They took so much of my time- because i wasent very orgainsed with my time, and I was also sick in year 12, which made it worse. I got marks that I never thought i'd get tho- I thought id get 60's in art when i ended up getting 80 ( i think it was because i had last minute tutoring from a certain uncle who happens to be an art teacher and HSC marker)
But now im in uni, ive learnt from high school that you have to manage time well and balance your time spent with your subjects equally. Uni requires much more time management because no one cares if you have 34929 assignments due in the same week. Uni projects take a lot more time and research effort into them, so you cant leave them till the last minute as you could in high school. Now im in uni and im getting high distictions and distictions in my assignments because ive managed my time much better and put more effort into them.
So if ur going to uni, forget the HSC, just learn from ur past mistakes and do better.
Well put. :uhhuh:

persephone

HSC
i regret coming on here pretending that i was 'studying' or looking for answers, etc. i was just distracting myself. i also regret leaving writing my notes till the last minute. i regret not paying attention to my teachers because they were so annoying

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
any advice for me
im class of 05
im just an average student
but im like addicted to this site LOL
how can i succeed...
i did really badly in my 1st 2 unit assessment 48%
ah crap :'(

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I regret having so little fun in year 12, being a bastard to everyone and only caring about myself.

S

Shuter

SweetSeasons said:
In the words of well me "You're bringing my UAI down!!"

Crowie was a great teacher in Bio, but yeah how the hell did me n foxy get low 80's and Elton didn't get a band 6 in it either. We where the top four in our class, I don't know what happen. My assesment mark was 86 and my exam mark was 80, so thank god for my assesment mark other wise I would of been screwed.
Yes, I said the wrong number actually, my Bio exam was only 86, assessment (top) was 89 (by sarah) so 88 final mark. How did none of us in the class get above 90 in the exam? Honestly I checked multiple choice I was 15/15, and in the rest of it there was very little I felt I didn't know... oh well, maybe the test was just so easy so everyone else did even better.

SweetSeasons

HSC
how the hell did sarah beat us in assesment?? I thought you got 1st? I got 3rd in the class. Sarah was like the middle of the class all year. I do know Sarah studdied her ass off for Bio but. I only wrote some palm cards and read over them a hell of a lot. I was expecting to get about 75 for the exam, because I know the work like the back of my hand I just always seem to screw up the exam.

I know that a few ppl who had failed all year got 70's for the exam. I would love to know my raw mark, I just may send away for my bio raw mark, that way you can work out what yours would of been as well, aye.

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
joe_m_2000 said:
any advice for me
im class of 05
im just an average student
but im like addicted to this site LOL
how can i succeed...
i did really badly in my 1st 2 unit assessment 48%
ah crap :'(
I'm an average student.. i regret leaving everything to the last minute... i regret being so lazy... This is advice from what i've learnt.. i did ok but not great n i've hopefully learnt from my mistakes. If u did badly in ur first assessment no worries.. if u use that as motivation to improve u can always make up for it :) never give up hope that u can do better no matter how down u feel about a mark. oh n keep pushing urself to be motivated.. keep reminding urself why u need to try n wat u want to achieve..

hehe i wish i took my own advice.. GOOD LUCK FOR NEXT YEAR all 05ers

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i regret everything i ever did in highskool
from day one of year 7..im talking academically
skool work..home work..assigments..study
i never applied myself...and i regret it so bad

but what can ya do...i cant repeat yr 7..but i guess i can repeat my hsc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)