Reject Shop Group Interview (1 Viewer)

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
How bad would you feel if you get rejected from the Reject Shop?

nicollette

HSC
babikakez said:
I work at woolworths, and have a 15 year old supervisor. Its funny because she looks about 12, and customers complain about her. But on her merits, she's actually a good supervisor.
I didn't mean it in that way, just that most 15 year olds are pretty unexperienced with 'supervising' (their are alot of things you need to take into consideration eg. school, people skills, communication, organisational skills and mostly experience which I doubt much of them have because they're only 15 and that's usually the age when you start a job), not saying that their aren't some kids qualified to be one though :)

Stevo. said:
How bad would you feel if you get rejected from the Reject Shop?
What kind of question is that haha.. not so bad, it's just the reject shop.

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
I dont think you can get rejected from TRS. There was this girl at my school who threw chairs at teachers, broke windows, lit fires in class and let down teachers tyres (yes, expelled), and she works as a manager now for the reject shop!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nicollette said:
What kind of question is that haha.. not so bad, it's just the reject shop.
you completely missed the point. you would be too much of a reject to even work at a shop for rejects, selling rejected things.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
nicollette said:
Ended up missing the interview, meh.
hahahahahahahaha. they should offer you the job for being such a reject.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
nicollette said:
Ended up missing the interview, meh.
Hey, at least you didn't get rejected.

Oh, snap.

nicollette

HSC
stazi said:
hahahahahahahaha. they should offer you the job for being such a reject.
Good call, seing as I didn't even GO - epic fail at anger fuelled humour :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneCool
The pay is about $0.25/hour. Work 8 hours and you'll have $2!

McSo said:
Please get the fuck off the internet, you are not funny.
Good to see not everyone shares the same pre-school wit.

In regards to whoever said this thread turned me off the internet, actually it didn't but I was just thinking about when someone would ask me where I worked, and I'd reply the reject shop. Simply exudes a high status doesn't it..

Last edited:

blakegman

HSC
N/A
No more embarassing then answering "Mcdonalds".

All around the world there are people doing shit jobs they dont like to pay the bills.

nicollette

HSC
In my case, you have to start somewhere. Alot of people work at maccas, there's nothing wrong with saying you work there but actually working there is different in regards to them overworking people (for bad pay) which they're notorious for. I don't think there's anything wrong with the reject shop, just having to tell people I work there is..erm..yeah.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I used to work there. You're lucky you missed the interview. It's a shit job with shit pay and they really do hire just about anyone which means you get to work with people you would be tempted to spit on if you saw them in the street. I worked there when I was 15 and got about $6.50 an hour which was absolutely not worth it. They didn't train me properly and I almost got fired for making mistakes which I was not aware of on account of having not been trained and when I asked to be trained properly they said they would and never did so I quit before I could be fired. The manager who was threatening to fire me got the shits when I quit and I'm certain he would give me a shitty reference so I never asked him for one, even though I was pretty much a model employee and only made mistakes because his version of "training" was just to give me the task and let me get on with it without explaining the 'rules' or how to do things like refunds and then he'd get the shits when I had to page a superior to do a refund for me and aaaaaaaaargh my god. Also they do not like it when you have to change your availability even when you have an excellent reason and they will be shitheads to you for like a month afterwards and probably cut your shifts back for another month, at least this is what happened to me.

Do Not Go There. The end.

muddypants17

HSC
I would go check the workplace info site for the Reject shop awards.

The reject shop has their own award so i suggest trying that first.

Why don't you just ask the HR manager?

If he is a half decent one, he will tell you about the tasks and duties involved as shop assistant. And you should ask him about your pay rate.

Muddy

hayleyharlequin

, psychotic synchypnotic
HSC
I've worked at The Reject Shop in Warrawong since last August and in the tearoom, the list of pay rates is up on the wall. I have a tendancy to read it when I'm on my break. Haha.
The casual rate is around $10, because it's above the award rate and caters for the loss of sick leave and annual leave and all the entitlements that the full time and part time employees recieve. However, if you're full time or part time, the rate is dropped to around $8, as you get all the sick leave and those entitlements.
I had a interview in the office with the manager, which has changed about three times already. I was nervous and all, but he decided to give me a go. I must admit, when you first start, it's daunting when you're on the registers and I did become close to getting fired because I'd keep making mistakes, all due to being on main register and still getting used to it.
I'm on second and third register more now, which I prefer. I like working stock and doing recovery and the majority of the people I work with are awesome :)

sach1990

HSC
i find it hard to believe they have enough ppl to run a group assesment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)