• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Related Text (1 Viewer)

madboy1125

HSC
N/A
Is it allowed to do a prescribed text as a related text BUT in a different form?

E.g. Life of pi (movie) is a prescribed text, so would it be allowed to do the novel as a related text?

teridax

HSC
N/A
It is highly advised against that you choose a related from the prescribed text list of the english syllabus because it will show laziness to the marker in that you haven't made the effort to find your own text.

So no, I wouldn't do it.

madboy1125

HSC
N/A
It is highly advised against that you choose a related from the prescribed text list of the english syllabus because it will show laziness to the marker in that you haven't made the effort to find your own text.

So no, I wouldn't do it.
Its not a prescribed text in different form for this year. Its a text from last year but it just came out on TV

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

madboy1125

HSC
N/A

FlameLash

HSC
I wasn't planning on doing Life of Pi, I was just giving an example...

I was planning on doing 'The Secret River' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2298264/ but I did it as a prescribed text for power in year 11.
That prescribed text was most probably under your English department's discretion and not that of BOSTES. In trials, your teachers may think you've taken the lazy route, but in the external examinations no one will ever know you had it prescribed in year 11.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)