Related Texts - Gothic Fiction (1 Viewer)

JeZZa89

HSC
hey everyone! :wave: please dont crucify me on my first post for asking the wrong question in *possibly* the wrong section of the forum, but here goes...

can anyone suggest what i can use as a Related Text for the Gothic Fiction Genre? the text can be of any text type eg. short story, novel, poem, film. and i also have to talk about the culture and values of the gothic text relevant to the context.

any help would be greatly appreciated =D

edit (glitterfairy): Don't worry, I won't crucify you ;) Will move it to the right forum, though :)

Last edited by a moderator:

jazzmuzik

HSC
hi Jezza89,
are you doing gothic fiction for extension 1 english? just wondering coz i am too (i'm the only one at my school) and i was looking for some thread to help me out to.. if it helps the texts we have studied so far are...
frankenstein
interview with a vampire
the tell tale heart, the fall of the house of usher, the raven, the black cat, leigeia (spelling?) all poe short stories.
and theres apparently a movie called trucker but i hhaven't seen but its a modern gothic film apparently
hope this helps
jazz

Zozo6969

HSC
The Others, movie of 2001 with Nicole Kidman
The Turn of the Screw by Henry James

Metallica

ArtOfLosing

HSC
When we did gothic fiction my class did a novel called 'the moth diaries' by... damn. I can't remember her name. But it worked relaay well, it's about girls in a bording school and she's convinced one girl there is a vampire.... not as lame as it sounds. We also studied Alien and I used 'The Village' as a supp text.
hope these help. :)

JeZZa89

HSC
thank you all so much for your suggestions. i didnt think that there'd be anyone else who'd look at this old topic and i kinda forgot about it ><"

in the end i chose Frankenstein and Edward Scissorhands to be my related texts.. altho the piece of writing that i made for both texts was pretty shoddy because i didnt know what i was supposed to write. oh well... =(

thank you all so much for suggestions (again!!)

JeZZa

[edit] PS. oh and thanks to glitterfairy for not crucifying me lol =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)