Related Texts??? (1 Viewer)

Aliy Moon

HSC
Would anyone know some good non- mainstream related texts that I can use for Life of Pi (Discovery), Henry IV Part 1 (Representation of people and politics) and Pride and Prejudice??? :rolleyes:

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
For Pride and Prejudice you don't need an extra text as you have to compare it with Letters To Alice by Fay Weldon.

For Henry IV I recommend you use the poem 'I, Too, Sing America' by Langston Hughes as it follows the theme of politics and people

For Discovery in particular Life of Pi I recommend you have a look into Invictus by W.E Henley as it shows the importance of spiritual discovery.

Hope that helps!

Stephaniechan

HSC
N/A
for 'I, Too, Sing America' how would you relate it to the theme of politics and people and henry iv?
i'm extremely confused about this module and im not sure how to approach it or where to look for other related texts

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
Oh my, I wish this website gave better notifications...

If you're still wondering how to use the text the goal is to apply the idea that the protagonist in the poem is subjected to political ideologies. If you're looking at some sort of comparison between the two texts, your probably going to want to focus on the idea that politics is often fickle and there may exist those who oppose or have 'conflicting perspectives' towards certain ideas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)