Votes: 1,279 66.6%
  • Depends on the workload

Votes: 398 20.7%

• Total voters

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
truly-in-bliss said:
yeah i was thinking abt it in terms of more competitive courses eg: law and medicine.
i wanted med but i stuffed umat so reassessed what i wanted and med sci became my new goal but an easier one

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
uuummm

I had a boyfriend from the beginning and end of year 12, and I'm still with him.

It just depends on the person... all about time management and self control...

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
relationships can be ok. some of my friends were in relationships during year 12 and it worked for them coz the guy was supportive and they had somewhere to get away from the hsc. others had bfs in year 12 so they were also busy studying and that. it depends on how string the relationship is and how committed you are to doing well

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
4 friends with gfs in yr 12..
all got wat they wanted..
2 med
1 comm/law
1 engy..

it just realising that ure partner understands that its a goal.. and they give u time..
i also had a job.. so i doubt tat its impossible.. u just got to put the effort in..

also note tat one yr on.. 4 of 4 arent with the girl anymore.. lolz .. relationships dun last forever, arent planned and are best when u seize the day.. work hard but u can still hav fun :)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
2 med
1 comm/law
1 engy..

it just realising that ure partner understands that its a goal.. and they give u time..
i also had a job.. so i doubt tat its impossible.. u just got to put the effort in..

also note tat one yr on.. 4 of 4 arent with the girl anymore.. lolz .. relationships dun last forever, arent planned and are best when u seize the day.. work hard but u can still hav fun :)
yeah great attitude.

^___^
HSC
just go out with a really nerdy kid

he/she can help u with school, and u can take advantage of her/his body

win win situation

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Mine worked out fine over the HSC, and we were aiming for law and medicine. Though, perhaps I should be posting here AFTER we get in. :p

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
... said:
just go out with a really nerdy kid

he/she can help u with school, and u can take advantage of her/his body

win win situation
I've seen people do that actually, she got rid of him straight after the HSC, but he had no regrets ;)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
neo_o said:
I've seen people do that actually, she got rid of him straight after the HSC, but he had no regrets ;)
lolz nice nice.. got to try that..

Keen

MD
HSC
I hate the putting off attitude.
I mean if you want to go into med/law you'll be busy in y12 then for another 4-6 years at least. So unless you want to wait seven years until you have a relationship then you need to just cope with it and find someone understanding of your needs.
I think it's very possible to have one in year 12, I mean seriously except for a couple of weeks of the year you always have a bit of spare time you just have to learn to procrastinate less, prioritise etc.

Keen

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Keen said:
I hate the putting off attitude.
I mean if you want to go into med/law you'll be busy in y12 then for another 4-6 years at least. So unless you want to wait seven years until you have a relationship then you need to just cope with it and find someone understanding of your needs.
Well...umm...ahh...yeah

Well, you see the thing with that is, most do wait 4-6 years.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
2 med
1 comm/law
1 engy..

youre right. i think id be bothered though if i found someone i like though

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Its not that bad .... u just need to realise that you need to spend atleast some time together ... at the same time it gives you a chance to relax and get away from studying.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
my friend was seeing a guy who was older then her
she wasnt allowed to see him so she would wag skool and always be with him
she would see him instead of studying for exams and instead of "going to the library"
basically she spent the whole of year 12 trying to be with him and fucking up her hsc
and now that its over they arent even together...and she regrets everything and wishes she actually tried etc

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
heh I had no relationship and I did it on purpose to.. I purposly didnt pick up or try to get picked up because I had waaaay to many majors and was pretty much locked in my room or a class room the whole time.. heh I pretty much converted to hermitism.... lol

mm87511

HSC
my bf and I were really stressed during HSC cuz we didnt study hard b4........
but he helped me alot to go thru all the difficulties!
however, we did argue more often than b4,but he would always calm me down..

jellybeenz

HSC
I didn't have a relationship in Year 12. The stress would have been too much. I had enough problems concentrating with this guy I had a crush on sitting near me in exams.

I can tell myself I didn't have a boyfriend in Year 12 by choice, but the reality is that if someone came along, I wouldnt have rejected them- and well, nobody came along.

I think relationships (unless they are rock solid) can fuck up Year 12- I mean I had enough issues with my friends that caused problems with study. I can only imagine what a boyfriend and the complications that come with one would cause. I mean, I'm not saying it can't work, but for someone like me there is no way it wouldnt have stuffed around with my studies.

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
yeah i agree nat, the stress is overrated.
i mean i had a boyfriend and i was pregnant over the HSC. i wasnt that stressed, it didnt affect our relationship and i belive i went well in my exams...

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
natstar said:
Personally I think the stress of the HSC is overated. I think uni is way more stressful than year 12. I did my first year uni this year and I had a bf all the way through it. I dunno what i could have done wth out him.
there is much more stressful things in life than the hsc but you don't think that at the time. i don't think having a boyfriend during the hsc would have affected me that much. in fact if he was the right guy he might have motivated me to study more than i did. i have regrets about the way i approached the hsc anyway so i dont think having a bf could have made it any worse...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)