• No

Votes: 1,279 66.6%
  • Depends on the workload

Votes: 398 20.7%

• Total voters

Dumdida

HSC
N/A
bad idea....u cant concentrate on ur exams when u like someone..or it is very hard 2...lol..especially when u see them in the exam and if they are in ur class....but still if u mean da whole hsc year its fine coz if u study per day it wont be that hard but if its around exam time then i dunno coz ur talkn bout relationship, i wasnt even in a relationship but liking sum1 kinda distracted me sometimes, i think it might be ok, just try to balance both.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
A fuck buddy wouldve been nice during the exam period. Oh well, we can't always have what we want.

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
oh yes relationships during the HSC are fine... as long as you can have a 100% guarantee that your bf/gf wont dump you with 2 exams left leaving you unable to study OR enjoy the parties afterward... that would suck.

Oh wait, yeah it did.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Just make sure any fucked up things happen AFTER the hsc and you'll be fine

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
I think a relationship would work during the HSC as long as the other person was doing or had already done it, so they know what your going through... they would understand when u needed to study, etc..

but yea. hopefully its a good relationship, caus u dont want a breakup during ur HSC exams :( that would suck majorly

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
You know, my marks are always significantly better when Im unhappy.

Skeeta

HSC
i reckon that could be true. Because when you are unhappy you are less likely to waste time, to go out and have "fun". When i'm unhappy i'd much rather sit at home and focus on something

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
I think that during stressful times like the HSC you're going to need people who love you more than ever, and also give you something to exist for outside of schoolwork, so I think that avoiding relationships or breaking up just because it's the HSC year is the stupidest thing peple can do.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
hm....sounds interesting....

serius.....u never know hu is viewing what u rite in here and just remember that anyone....including hu u are writing about may read it......

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
if yuo cant hold a relationship during HSC yuo are a pansy. I can juggle 2+ relationships and study to the max.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
SashatheMan said:
if yuo cant hold a relationship during HSC yuo are a pansy. I can juggle 2+ relationships and study to the max.
oh man thats gold, ur livin up to ur nickname m8...

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
haha dawson, u know who iam talking about right?
well what do u think about it? i was curious to what others think, my opinion doesnt really have an effect on the situation but still theres no harm in finding out how others may have dealt with a similar problem

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
serius what school are you from? this situation sounds mighty familiar...

Scanorama

HSC
The relationships during the HSC will last if the person show understanding with the other one doing the HSC. I mean, if (s)he insist it is more important to spend time with her in the movies, dinner etc etc than the HSC, then you may well to reconsider if this person is good for you or not.

HSC
In general, as long as each person involved is mature enough to keep their priorities in order I can't see it being a problem (Of course, it also helps if they have similar priorities in that they each feel the same way about the importance [or lack thereof] of the HSC).

Personally, I had no problem doing the HSC during a relationship, and found if anything that this had a positive effect on my work ethic and resolve to do well, as well as being a source of endless support and reassurance.

tennille

HSC
Serius said:
has any1 purposefully avoided a relationship just so they can be single during the HSC year? has any1 ever broken up with their partner or know of some1 who has just so that they can i dunno have more time for study or some crap

this isnt about me, i reckon i can balance a relationship and HSC if the need arose, but some1 i know has said that she isnt going to have a relationship during the HSC and she has turned down a friend who she is really into and he is rather into her...just i think this is kinda odd, i never gave thought to the matter before and i wanted to know other peoples thoughts on the situation of relationships during HSC year
Some people might feel that a relationship might interfere with their progress during the HSC. Some might know how to balance study and relationships, but others might not.

I avoided a relationship just before the HSC course because of that reason, but by the beginning of it, I agreed to the relationship, which is still continuing. My parents believed it had a positive effect on me because I wasn't stuck home studying all the time, and I was much happier than usual. The good thing is that both of us were going through the HSC and knew how stressed we were about it.

Last edited:

princesssfi

breakmystride
HSC
i'm with a guy atm who is home schooled and he ahs a heaps laid back perspective on study etc but both our parents are doing a good job at making sure i do enough study! grrr...
nah its good to have someone there who is supportive and who has a different perspective on things. its also good that he's not at my school...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)