Votes: 241 12.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,279 66.7%
  • Depends on the workload

Votes: 398 20.8%

• Total voters

sinophile3

HSC
Back to original topic: potentially very handy if you're both into studying.

crimson_delight

HSC
Well I recently broke up with my boyfriend of two months (so I could get out before I got hurt/it got too serious) but now I regret it, because I still have feelings for him and he's apparently moved on completely. I'd be happy if we could be FWB, but he's not making much of an attempt to see me, so meh. Admittedly I was a bit down, but it didn't stop me from study, and neither of us were, you know, depressed or emotional wrecks or anything. :)

BiancaMaree

HSC
most of the time, break ups mess you up more, and take more time with you walkin around upset then it would you spending time with them?

mam_2011

HSC
N/A
For me, being in a relationship does take it's toll on study... I remember when my boyfriend was doing his HSC I found it so hard because it felt like he just didn't want to spend time to talk or be with me. Now that I'm doing my own HSC I know how hard it is to maintain a relationship in which you talk and see each other regularly in between assignments/studying/everything. Another sucky thing about it is whenever we have some sort of relationship drama it makes it so hard to study. I can't concentrate and most of the time end up doing nothing but dwelling on it.

Despite all this, the good definitely outweighs the bad, you always have someone who can support you even (and especially) when you end up getting crap grades, someone who is (hopefully) going to try and motivate you when you burn out, and someone who -when you can have a break- will help you relax and forget about stress for a while. I wouldn't say anyone break up with someone solely for the reason of HSC, if you think you need break up there are probably more underlying problems in that relationship anyway. Any strong, committed couple can last it and the four month break afterwards definitely makes up for all the lost time together during HSC.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I remember when my boyfriend was doing his HSC I found it so hard because it felt like he just didn't want to spend time to talk or be with me. Now that I'm doing my own HSC I know how hard it is to maintain a relationship in which you talk and see each other regularly in between assignments/studying/everything.
Women.

"I'm busy, don't talk to me."
"I'm not busy, talk to me more."

hoppo4747

HSC
There is no need to break up. My boyfriend isn't in school, so I'm the only one who needs to concentrate a the moment, and I have just re-done my study timetable. We workes in times for me to see him, and so I still do 7 hours or more study a day, work and have time to see him.

Bendent

HSC
I wouldn't consider that a break. If my boyfriend saw me that often, that 15 minutes would be the happiest 15 minutes of my week. :D

Breaking up a relationship that you really do value is not a smart thing to do. If it's just a very casual relationship, or an on-and-off one, then it's up to the couple to decide.
i see <3

kalibali

HSC
Really? break up with your partner for exams?, If you really need to split with your bf/gf for exams than how are you going to deal with a partner in the real world, HSC is nothing compared to the demands of the workplace. HSC is not worth destroying relationships. Ok a couple can focus a little more on study than each other but thats it.

effylove

carpe vinum
HSC
Really? break up with your partner for exams?, If you really need to split with your bf/gf for exams than how are you going to deal with a partner in the real world, HSC is nothing compared to the demands of the workplace. HSC is not worth destroying relationships. Ok a couple can focus a little more on study than each other but thats it.
You wouldn't say that if you were aiming for a 95+ atar.

kfnmpah

HSC
Well I recently broke up with my boyfriend of two months (so I could get out before I got hurt/it got too serious) but now I regret it, because I still have feelings for him and he's apparently moved on completely. I'd be happy if we could be FWB, but he's not making much of an attempt to see me, so meh. Admittedly I was a bit down, but it didn't stop me from study, and neither of us were, you know, depressed or emotional wrecks or anything. :)
lol. slut.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, no relationships for the HSC. Shit went south a few weeks back and now I have ransoms fucking texting me and shit and I'm just like "lol yeah, I'm studying. I'll ttyl" then they don't fucking leave me alone!

HSC
I am in a relationship. I have been the whole time I've been in year 12 (like my girlfriend). If its a decent relationship, you'll be able to survive. Hasn't effected me at all.. Just given me an ear to talk to when I'm down etc.. It depends on the individuals involved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)