Votes: 1,279 66.6%
  • Depends on the workload

Votes: 398 20.7%

• Total voters

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't see how being in a relationship causes stress? Thought it would be the opposite?
Perhaps I should have clarified.

HSC caused enough stress and tending to the relationship took time away from HSC, causing more stress.

iBibah

HSC
Also if something goes wrong in the relationship, more stress/depression.

Hayley23

HSC
I've been with my boyfriend for almost two years and if anything my grades and focus to get multiple band 6's has increased. :)

keppryyy

HSC
fuck the bitch then break up with her ezpz dont need to worry.

Mariah9

HSC
Me and my boyfriend spend every weekend together, but we just study as much as we need to anyway. The relationship is irrelevant to your study really - that is your responsibility. You should work symbiotically, helping each other, not making excuses!

fionarykim

HSC
i wouldnt say break up, unless you guys are constantly fighting and having problems
coz then that could take up alot of time and also, each person may not be focused at school
if the relationship is going well and mutual, then there is no need

just takes more discipline and understanding of each others situations :p

arabesque

HSC
stick together and motivate each other!!! don't break up :( you'll just hurt each other!!!

FezsAreCool

HSC
I think that it doesn't matter if you're in a relationship or not.. just having the title should affect your relationship towards eachother. Since you should have been spending the same amount of time together anyway, HSC shouldn't affect that. I wouldn't know though, because no one likes me I don't want a BF right now ;)

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
If you can't balance the HSC with a relationship then good luck in life.

Balancing a family and work would be much, much harder.

natashabinou

HSC
I don't think couples should break up unless the other person doesn't understand and respect the time you need to devote to your studies.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think people should break up over the hsc.

I know some people are awfully clingy 2 one another, but if u don't have the willpower to just spend a few weeks apart thats kinda sad.

Plus, its all the more sweeter when you finally can hang out again because you realise how much you missed them and appreciate them :)

Riaa

HSC
Depends, I would say take a break. He/She should understand since it is the HSC and if you are bothdoing it.. motivate each other! If they continue to be a douche, break up or make it clearer. They shouldn't affect your potential ability in the HSC.

Stelleee

HSC
^ everyone's still replying and it was 8 years ago....hahahahahaah

Vicky_x

HSC
N/A
I got dumped a week before the HSC exams started cause he knew i was going to do it after...
but it wasnt that bad, it actually motivated me to study more and do better than him (which wont be that hard seeing as he's not the brightest haha)
I thought it would affect me more but given the circumstances and state of our relationship... I don't think it's affected me at all :)
can't say the same for him though...

so that's just my personal experience, obviously not everyone will deal with break ups as well as i probably did...
but just think of all the amazing people and experiences you'll have in the future if you try to do well in the exams :)

bored99

HSC
I think it's fair enough to discuss seeing them less leading up to exams etc. But there's no need to break up unless you plan on seeing other people, which isn't due to HSC at all. I've been going out with my boyfriend for almost 3 years and we plan to stick through our HSC year (2013) together then think about moving in together.
My friend's boyfriend recently broke up with with (or 'took a 2 week break') because he had an assessment block coming up, but he was just too scared to tell her what was really going on.
If anything, it'll just blow you off for exams.

muhahahahaha

HSC
It depends if you can cope with it. Will you be able to have a girlfriend while studying for you HSC. It's also about being able to give time for each other, because if you don't that won't be much of a relationship. You may also take time away from wach other during the HSC, and then get back together after it. In the end, it's about "can you cope".

Eshays Nerdx

HSC
N/A
What do you think about relationships during the hsc? break up? or...
If you guys can make it work, than theres nothing wrong with having a relationship during the HSC! You may find that you see each other less than what you used to, but you just have to find time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)