Relaxing Subjects? (1 Viewer)

Iccehy

HSC
Hi I was wondering if there are any year 11-12 subjects that have fairly less tests or constant revision than say Biology or Chemistry?

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends on your strengths but from what i've seen, Studies of Religion is an easy/relaxing subject.

Iccehy

HSC
Really? Oh thats great i'm doing ancient history hehe! thanks

fishrushed

HSC
I reckon the most relaxing subjects would be the subjects you enjoy. Study and revision would be less tiring for these subjects. For me I found that 3u maths was quite relaxing and didn't take up much study time. We didn't have much assessments either. But for others it was like the most stressing thing out there.
But apart from that Studies of Religion 1 I found quite laid back as well. PE for me is quite relaxing in class. For the most part, we only summarise the textbook and do the occasional questions that we are given.
Anyways, good luck with your subject selections :D

norwegianwood

HSC
visual arts is therapeutic and an escape from "real" work.
i can't imagine not having this creative outlet, i would lose my mind doing year 12 without it.

and you guys, sor II isn't a bludge!!! (or maybe my teachers just have super high standards?)

SuperMike96

HSC
I actually feel Ancient is fairly intensive. I mean..the questions aren't too difficult but there is a lot of knowledge required.

epz

HSC
Senior Science. Best subject I ever picked. It's basically year 9-10 science and extremely easy. Just get >90 in it (not hard to do srs. check some past papers out and you'll be able to do half of it without even touching the course content) and you should be all sweet.

Iccehy

HSC
Oh i'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Ancient HIstory, Food tech, Standard eng, and Mathematics :D

hmm would that be work overload?

Last edited:

SuperMike96

HSC
Oh i'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Ancient HIstory, Food tech, Standard eng, and Mathematics :D

hmm would that be work overload?
No that should be okay. If it is you can always drop a subject after yr 11.

HSC
DON'T DO ANCIENT HISTORY! You have to read alot of information, and memorise alot of things, including primary and secondary sources. Trust me, if you want to do good in ancient history, there is ALOT of work to do. Business Studies is easier, and interesting

Makematics

HSC
geo is a walk in the park if you have a good knowledge of general issues.

Iccehy

HSC
DON'T DO ANCIENT HISTORY! You have to read alot of information, and memorise alot of things, including primary and secondary sources. Trust me, if you want to do good in ancient history, there is ALOT of work to do. Business Studies is easier, and interesting
Really? I didn't really think there would be a lot of work. Well if I'm interested in the topics I think I can work hard in it :) I'm also considering business studies.
Thanks for the heads up :)

Iccehy

HSC
Quick question. Can u drop down from mathematics at any time?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
visual arts is therapeutic and an escape from "real" work.
i can't imagine not having this creative outlet, i would lose my mind doing year 12 without it.

and you guys, sor II isn't a bludge!!! (or maybe my teachers just have super high standards?)
Yes it is.

Well, my teacher tries to embed some humour into the teaching of the content, so it's easy to remember and doesn't really require revision. Essays, you obviously need to remember the quotes from the sacred texts and the primary ideas, as to develop a proper and logical response with accordance to the syllabus.

Needs study, yes, but not as much as other subjects.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Visual Arts is my favourite subject and it's pretty chill, sans the mounting pile of assessments. But it can get relatively hectic.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Quick question. Can u drop down from mathematics at any time?
Depends on your school? I know a girl dropped from out of 3 unit. I think it depends how you're going as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)