Religious affiliation (1 Viewer)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by zerzillia
you have the same religion as my friend.
hehe, i was joking, though i did fill that on my census.

I don't believe in these kind of things and never will.

Zhang San Feng

护花使者
HSC
jedi is a perversion of taoism...they just got taoism and replaced tao/dao/qi/way with force...

Silver Rose

There is such a thing as faith, surprisingly. Perhaps it looks stupid to you but the world would pretty much suck without it. Enough of that.

I know practically nothing about Taoist philosophy but I would love to learn. I adhere to the whole concept of balance and the Yin/Yang symbol sums up pretty much my whole attitude to life :) Does anyone have informational websites? Thought I might as well ask while I'm here... :p

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
I don't mind people who have faith, whatever it is. But I have no respect for the church as an institution. In my opinion, they have committed to many crimes to take their guidance seriously.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC

PinkCupcake

HSC
I'm pagan here be glad it isn't america because most of us reside there ;) heheh you forgot to put that in

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
Originally posted by nessie_lee
I'm a christian.... and have been for 2 and a half years, not been brought up with it or anything. Why am i a christian.. well, coz Jesus makes such changes in our lives, and i was sick of doing this on my own.. why do it when there is such an awesome person in Jesus that can help us along the way, who loves us unconditionally, and who will be there, even when no one else is... it's awesome..
However, i don't like how there are hypocritical christians. i don't think they realise that people watch what they do, and act, and say. People look for Jesus in them, and they don't see it, and then think badly of christianity because of that person.
I hope no one is turned away from God, or church because of that.. because that's only one person. I hope people see Jesus in me, and through me... :)

amen! that was refreshing :)

kalinda

HSC
i classify myself as other. i believe that no man-made religion is the one true religion because in the end it is man made and man makes mistakes. also there is so much corruption everywhere in our religions and politics - each pushing on each other. everyone really needs to work out their own morals and beliefs rather then what someone else tells them - and stick to them. its no good to say i belief people should not steal then turn and take ur bro's chocolate

Murray

Follower of Odin
HSC
Well although i am not religous or believe in a god/s in any shape or form (although i at time would like to), but go to and am captain at an RC school, i do have a deep intrest in religion - theo, its histroy etc - also that of satanistic cults have intrested me and all though i do no whole agree with their self centered aproch to the world some things they say holds merit. Easten religions are interseting as well as ancient ones.
So dont knock what u dont understand and have fun with what u do.

MURRAY.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Hahahaha we have a MURRAY!

Faith may make life easier for some, Asquithian, no matter how intelligent they may be, and I can see no problem with such an idea (keeping it personal is the idea, though). Anyway, there are different levels of 'keeping the faith' (as you know), and I do not think that the idea of faith coupled with loose assumptions is quite as bad as you believe (hehe what a word). But then we have Hillsong... :eek:! I can see your point.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
anyways off on another tangent...does anyone feel that Hillsong verges on the disturbing? Everytime I see it i feel disgusted and sorry for the people who attend.

Its values hardly capture what i see as the positives of the church.

The Sunday morning broadcast... Such singing seems far too intense (arms raised, eyes closed, standing still but shaking at the same time) for it to be healthy.

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
born to christianity ...

pcwizz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)