• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Religious affiliation (2 Viewers)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
alrighty then elaborate why you believe so strongly against gay marriage and abortion. id like to hear this from a muslim perspective, so far it sounds similar to a christian's

get_born

im an idiot said:
alrighty then elaborate why you believe so strongly against gay marriage and abortion. id like to hear this from a muslim perspective, so far it sounds similar to a christian's
Well the fact that there is aids, secondly the body wasnt made for man and man-- more of woman and woman.

Further proof if your bothered to read.

Homosexuality is not allowed in Islam. There are various verses in Quran where Allah clearly says about Homosexuality.

We also (sent) Lut: he said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? "For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." - Holy Quran 7:80-81

"Of all the creatures in the world will ye approach males". "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay ye are a people transgressing (all limits)!" - Holy Quran 26:165-166

The end result for not giving up homosexuality was the destruction of entire cities

When Our decree issued We turned (the cities) upside down and rained down on them brimstones hard as baked clay spread layer on layer Marked as from thy Lord: nor are they ever far from those who do wrong! - Holy Quran 11:82-83

The Quran forbids any sexual relationship other than in a marriage between a man and a woman. Many homosexual men and women claim that they are born with their sexual preferences and that they have no choice. Although this point is very much in dispute in the medical world, it has no support in the Quran. Even then, irrespective of the nature of homosexuality, this matter would not affect the laws spelled out clearly in the Quran .

We know that this life is a test. Everyone of us has his/her own test. For example someone may be born blind, but that person is expected to live his/her life according to God's law. Others are born poor, short, tall, weak, missing fingers, having big nose...etc but all of them are expected to follow God's law. Some men or women may never marry in their life, or spend part of their life without a spouse. As per the Quran they still have to live a chaste life and avoid any sexual contacts outside a marriage. They have to suppress their sexual feelings to follow God's law. It is a major test and not an easy one for many. Only those who submit to God will do everything they can to follow His law. They know that their salvation and eternal happiness rests in doing so.

Since God condemns homosexuality, then we have to believe that a man or a woman with homosexual feelings is expected to behave like any other human being and follows God's laws if he/she truely believes in them. He/she shall resist his/her feelings , maintains abstinence , use all available resources of help including medical, social and behavioral therapies to overcome their behavior and feelings. They should pray to God to help them getting over it and submit to God's law that sees homosexuality as gross sin. Only those who steadfastly persevere in obeying God's law will they pass their test and confirm their submission to God.

For a person who asks, "why me?" We know God is the Most Merciful and Just (16:90) and He will give each one of us a fair test and a fair chance. He assigns the tests to suite each one of us and we believe that He will never burden any soul beyond its means (23:2).

And We have explained to man in this Qur'an every kind of similitude: yet the grater part of men refuse (to receive it) except with ingratitude!- Holy Quran 17:89

We have explained in detail in this Qur'an for the benefit of mankind every kind of similitude: but man is in most things contentious. - Holy Quran 18:54

We have put forth for men in this Qur'an every kind of Parable in order that they may receive admonition. - Holy Quran 39:27

The spouses that God have made from among ourselves are those that aid in producing children. Since the spouses in homosexual relationship would not produce children they are not the spouses God made from among ourselves.

And Allah has made for you mates (and companions) of your own nature. And made for you out of them sons and daughters and grandchildren and provided for you sustenance of the best: will they then believe in vain things and be ungrateful for Allah's favors? - Holy Quran 16:72

With regard to dealing with homosexuals, the basic rule governing this would be 60:8 & 9.

Allah forbids you not with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just. Allah only forbids you with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith and drive you out of your homes and support (others) in driving you out from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances) that do wrong. - Holy Quran 60:8-9

However, to be a winner we have to advocate righteousness and forbid evil.

Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong; they are the ones to attain felicity. - Holy Quran 3:104

Ye are the best of peoples evolved for mankind enjoining what is right forbidding what is wrong and believing in Allah. If only the People of the Book had faith it were best for them; among them are some who have faith but most of them are perverted transgressors. - Holy Quran 3:110

The believers men and women are protectors one of another: they enjoin what is just and forbid what is evil: they observe regular prayers practice regular charity and obey Allah and His apostle. On them will Allah pour His mercy: for Allah is Exalted in power Wise. - Holy Quran 9:71

Also, if God so wills, a reminder may benefit the person.

On their account no responsibility falls on the righteous but (their duty) is to remind them that they may (learn to) fear Allah. - Holy Quran 6:69

Therefore give admonition in case the admonition profits (the hearer). - Holy Quran 87:9

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
Well the fact that there is aids
isnt aids more predominant with straight relationships?

secondly the body wasnt made for man and man-- more of woman and woman.
lol id answer this but i dont want to make this too lewd unless you want me to?

and the rest of it you just quote from this Holy Quran a whole lot of things as though they were actual facts

does this Holy Quran say anything about abortion?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
im an idiot said:

and the rest of it you just quote from this Holy Quran a whole lot of things as though they were actual facts

yeah its against islam to take a life
i dunno if it specifically says anything in tne quaran but its forbidden

get_born

im an idiot said:

lol. I get you, bad visualisations and no i definately woudnt want you to take the subject any further. I quoted from the quran as you want to know it from the view of a muslim and in association with abortion check out this website...http://www.submission.org/abortion.html

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
last_chance said:
lol. I get you, bad visualisations and no i definately woudnt want you to take the subject any further. I quoted from the quran as you want to know it from the view of a muslim and in association with abortion check out this website...http://www.submission.org/abortion.html
hmm i think that all those who apose abortion should be willing to take the unwanted children into their own custody.

waterfowl

HSC
im an idiot said:
hmm i think that all those who apose abortion should be willing to take the unwanted children into their own custody.
I agree...but replace "abortion" with "detaining illegal immigrants" and "unwanted children" with "illegal immigrants".

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
last_chance said:
thats alot of children!!
yea but how are the teenage mothers gonna afford them?

last_chance said:
hey just asking, but are you gay?
yes

waterfowl said:
I agree...but replace "abortion" with "detaining illegal immigrants" and "unwanted children" with "illegal immigrants".
yea thatll be something

get_born

im an idiot said:
yea but how are the teenage mothers gonna afford them?
some teenage mothers usually give their children up for adoption...others have family to support them... and for those who have nothing...in the end its a test and whatever happens as long as they've given it there all, god knows what's in their hearts.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
last_chance said:
some teenage mothers usually give their children up for adoption...others have family to support them... and for those who have nothing...in the end its a test and whatever happens as long as they've given it there all, god knows what's in their hearts.
yea but i still think the choice should be available to them

no offence to the religous people but since we live in a multi-cultural, multi religious country, religion should have no say in government decisions and law

get_born

yeah nah i agree government should be separate from religion. But the fact is a life is a life. For all you know how do you know one of those babbies wont become a doctor or the next prime minister?

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
last_chance said:
yeah nah i agree government should be separate from religion. But the fact is a life is a life. For all you know how do you know one of those babbies wont become a doctor or the next prime minister?
we dont know but isnt it better to think of the interests of those who do exist, not those who might exist?

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
last_chance said:
I totally disagree. You might think it is like that for you, but for others its not for 'the supposed afterlife'. With religion it is something that becomes part of your daily life, and helps t minimise society's problems... if only everyone followed the advice.
For eg. - dont take drugs because it can lead to crime.
- dont drink alcohol because its not good for you and can put you and others around you in dander.
- dont do sex b4 marriage because it may lead to a child and put his life in danger, no father, put up for adoption and so on

thats not religion, thats common sense.

get_born

no not really. Both lives are important, that of the mother and of the unborn child. If the mother cant afford the child or want the child, they can give the baby up for adoption. Dont forget there are others out there waiting for a child as maybe they cannot conceive. You said earlier that the mothers have a choice... if they dont want te baby, adoption is a less harmful way. And in addition shouldn't those who cant conceive have the right of adopting?

get_born

ezzy85 said:
thats not religion, thats common sense.
duh there coomon sense, they are also part of the basics of religion... if i was to go into anything deeper I'd need to give a whole course, and still not go through it. They were only examples!!

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
well really orthadox by decent. I don't believe the church system after all the media I've seen on it plus personal experiences prevent my faith in their approaches from broadening. But enough about that. I believe in a combination of science and religion, I believe in myself and in human talent. I guess in this life that's all that matters.

im an idiot

or am i?
HSC
last_chance said:
no not really. Both lives are important, that of the mother and of the unborn child. If the mother cant afford the child or want the child, they can give the baby up for adoption. Dont forget there are others out there waiting for a child as maybe they cannot conceive. You said earlier that the mothers have a choice... if they dont want te baby, adoption is a less harmful way. And in addition shouldn't those who cant conceive have the right of adopting?
well theres plenty of orphans in africa i guess. eh anyway im going to bed ill argue some more tommorow

get_born

im an idiot said:
well theres plenty of orphans in africa i guess. eh anyway im going to bed ill argue some more tommorow

lol ok. goodnight. sleep is probably one point will agree on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)