Religious affiliation (1 Viewer)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
i do not know how one can be athiest..

how can something as perfect as life just "evolve"..

there had to be something and it had to be created.. its just beyond our comprehension to understand what it is..

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Originally posted by reynaldo
i do not know how one can be athiest..

how can something as perfect as life just "evolve"..

there had to be something and it had to be created.. its just beyond our comprehension to understand what it is..
Yes, God created the Big Bang...He created the single celled organisms that evolved as he Himself expanded across the empty space to form the universe. With that, live evolved.

I am still undecided on the whole Adam and Eve story since I've not actually read it, but I don't see how evolution can be wrong since we are all evolving right now. We are all naturally developing mutations within us. Whether they make us or break us is part of the evolutionary process.

But out of curiosity, do you believe there are living creatures on other planets? (perhaps not in our solar system, but beyond...?)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by CHUDYMASTER
Yes, God created the Big Bang...He created the single celled organisms that evolved as he Himself expanded across the empty space to form the universe. With that, live evolved.

I am still undecided on the whole Adam and Eve story since I've not actually read it, but I don't see how evolution can be wrong since we are all evolving right now. We are all naturally developing mutations within us. Whether they make us or break us is part of the evolutionary process.

But out of curiosity, do you believe there are living creatures on other planets? (perhaps not in our solar system, but beyond...?)
evolution theory is just that- a THEORY. don't assume it to b a fact. did u know, that there are a large no. of scientist who reject this theory! anyways, here are a couple of interesting links about refuting darwinism (i.e evolution)

For a basic book: The Collapse of the Theory of Evolution in 20 questions

More advanced book: Darwinism refuted

Last edited:

Ozz^E

Originally posted by CHUDYMASTER

The so called 'revealed religions' do not deny evolution. I can speak for Islam, but Im pretty sure its the same in Christianity and Judaism.

The fact that living things evolve does not contradict anything in Islam. Its only the suggestion that there was no creation to begin with: that somehow a huge bang occured by itself and wa la! the world came into being, that we got such order from such chaos. Its these things that Islam and other faiths reject.

Having accepting that God created everything (and if there was a big bang then He orchestrated it), the evolution of living things is not only accptable but is even alluded it in various religious texts. In the hadith (narrations of the Prophet(pbuh)) for example we learn the human beings used to be much bigger then the present day stature.

So yea..there is a general misconception out there that those faiths that belief in God, reject evolution outright...its simply not the case.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The Catholic Church has accepted evolution as a possible (and likely) complement to Creation, but the Pope has also said that while evolution may account for our physical development, it can never explain the human soul. The soul is an undeniable part of our essence, and something that Science will never be able to measure or quantify.

Generator

HSC
N/A
The science of evolution is just as precise as that which keeps our planes in the air and lets electricity flow through the grid...
I for one cannot see how many following the christian faith in general could not grasp the idea of evolution as a means of illustrating the glory of 'god's' creations...

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Yes it is... Many biologists would gladly tell you of that fact, and that is all that they tend to say on the matter given the potential for heavy debate. Besides, all science is based on proven theory, not fact.

Last edited:

lolzieee

rOosters ^_-
generator is right...

choosing your own set of morals or beliefs dosn't make you religious, it's just setting guidelines for how you live your life.

Not being "religious" dosn't make you an athiest. Being an athiest means you do not believe in any higher being. People who don't practice religion don't always believe that there is no such "thing" as religion, they just chose not to make it an important part of their lives.

Agnosic is when someone is open to the idea of a higher being but are unsure which religion is the "right" one, these are usually the people who live life by their own sets of morals and 'beliefs'.

Ozz^E

Originally posted by Generator
The science of evolution is just as precise as that which keeps our planes in the air and lets electricity flow through the grid...
I for one cannot see how many following the christian faith in general could not grasp the idea of evolution as a means of illustrating the glory of 'god's' creations...
If, by the 'sceince of eveolution' you're referring to physical development/change in living things (for example a certain plant/animal changing in its structure/design/colour over time), then Id agree (and I think most Christians would as well) but if you include in it the theory of man having developed from monkeys (to the exclusion of creationism) then Id care to differ.

kaseita

science of evolution is based on interpretation of evidence for evolutionary theories.
the evidence may point to their theory, but that sometimes involves excluding evidence that points against it, or rejecting that the evidence may point somewhere else.

and yes, it is only a theory, a theory that is always under contention and is always changing, so i don't have much trust in it.

i'm a christian, i think some ppl here already know that :p.

chudymaster: just read the first chapter of the bible - go to bible.com and read it, quite a short read. the order of creation given in it is different to the order of evolutionary change (for one example).
some ppl disregard it as poetry, but i don't believe its in poetic form (when compared to other scripture that is in poetic form)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by kaseita
science of evolution is based on interpretation of evidence for evolutionary theories.
the evidence may point to their theory, but that sometimes involves excluding evidence that points against it, or rejecting that the evidence may point somewhere else....
yep, there are many evidence against evolution...for one, they scientists still haven't witnessed a mutation that can add new information to the genome of a species- this is what evolution relies on (i.e a single celled creature evolved into a human being!!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
where's satanist?
I don't believe the mods would allow the truly fucked up to sign on to this board.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
So do I, but there have been a few suspicious characters on here.

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
where's satanist?
Out of curiosity, i joined a teenage satanism e-group about a year ago, just to see what satanists are like and what their opinions/beliefs are...

Needless to say, they wasted no time in telling me where to go! Got some pretty nasty responses [esp. since i'm a christian - sorta had to expect it! :rolleyes:

so, i promptly left the group, and left 'em to it...
it was sad :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)