Religious affiliation (1 Viewer)

Which faith/religious tradition do you currently practice?

• Christianity

Votes: 536 38.1%
  • Judaism

Votes: 34 2.4%
  • Islam

Votes: 168 11.9%
  • Buddhism

Votes: 56 4.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 31 2.2%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 93 6.6%
  • None - I'm not religious.

Votes: 488 34.7%

• Total voters

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by Ozz^E
Yea?
What the fuck do you want me to say? Yea back?

Originally posted by chookyn
Out of curiosity, i joined a teenage satanism e-group about a year ago, just to see what satanists are like and what their opinions/beliefs are...

Needless to say, they wasted no time in telling me where to go! Got some pretty nasty responses [esp. since i'm a christian - sorta had to expect it! :rolleyes:

so, i promptly left the group, and left 'em to it...
it was sad :(
Well what did you expect?

token girl

HSC
Originally posted by Ozz^E
If, by the 'sceince of eveolution' you're referring to physical development/change in living things (for example a certain plant/animal changing in its structure/design/colour over time), then Id agree (and I think most Christians would as well) but if you include in it the theory of man having developed from monkeys (to the exclusion of creationism) then Id care to differ.
there's a difference between EVOLUTION and ADAPTATION. Adaptation is the ability of species to change to suit their environment (darwinism), and it hs been proven. Evolution is the theory that all life forms evolved from basic fundamental particles - it hasn't ben proven.

There are some Christians who believe in evolution, some in creation and some in both. Me, I can't decide...I don't really know enough about the topic to call it either way - I'd go for both, leaning towards creation at this stage.

Oh, and the Bible has two different orders of creation (genesis 1 and 2) suggesting that its the events and not the order that are important.

By the by, I'm a Christian...

aud

HSC
I'm Pagan... hold on, checking all the other posts... bugger, no one else is Pagan... *glares at chookyn for not adding a poll option for me*

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
*puts on sunnies to shield from glare* lol, well there are hundreds of "religions" out there, but only a max of 10 poll options, and i wanted to keep it simple.

So i picked the 5 main world religions - anything else has to fit into either "other" or "none"... :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by aud
I'm Pagan... hold on, checking all the other posts... bugger, no one else is Pagan... *glares at chookyn for not adding a poll option for me*
Pfft no-one cares about the pagans anyway. It's like caring for hippies. :p

Generator

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kkorpz
heh.. didn't know that pagans still existed..
Luckily the christians were unable to convert everyone they met, although why they sought to destroy age old beliefs is beyond me.

stuff

Christian. I'm I guess what you would call a strong believer and I do go to church and stuff like that. But isn't christianity really about developing you relationship with god and jesus. I would also like to challenge all the people out there who say that they are strong believers but don't go to church-
1. don't you think a church would benefit and grow because of you.
2. the scripture passage about the coal being away from the fire- eventually it's going to smoulder out

Just something to think about

VX1-08U

1. A church does not depend on numbers to benefit and grow as it is not a place of business ... A church can consist of two people and Jesus will be there.

2. Matthew 13:22 (The Parable of the Sower)

The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful.

kkorpz

Casual Wanderer
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
religious topics are always popular on this board
And interesting when fights and arguements start :argue: **anticipating fight to begin between the pagans & Lexi :p**

aud

HSC
Originally posted by amoz_lilo
some people live by the lexicon =P

wth is a pagan?
A Pagan is someone who practices Paganism. Like me.

Originally posted by kkorpz
anticipating fight to begin between the pagans & Lexi
We'll only put up a fight if we're provoked hard enough. When you've been battered by Christians for millennia, you tend to ignore one liners.

Last edited:

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
Muslim
bc
Originally posted by freaking_out
how Islam calls to the submission to one god, the most perfect, with no flaws. Also because it reaffirms the message of all the prophets that came before (eg. abraham, moses, jesus etc.).

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
christian, but i'm not really religious,like i don't go to church and stuff. only when necessary-eg for weddings , funerals etc.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by OZGIRL86
christian, but i'm not really religious,like i don't go to church and stuff. only when necessary-eg for weddings , funerals etc.
Ya sames. People wouldn't know I was Catholic even if it slapped them across the face.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)